Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Buying Players Media Don’t Link Us With

Hopefully in the right section and I haven’t mentioned it before, but is it me or do the media link us with player A, B and C - causes a frenzy on here and nothing happens, then purchase Player Z who nobody has picked up on?

Does anybody ITK confirm whether we keep our targets closer to our chest than other clubs and wonder who we really are purchasing this window?

3 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Hopefully in the right section and I haven’t mentioned it before, but is it me or do the media link us with player A, B and C - causes a frenzy on here and nothing happens, then purchase Player Z who nobody has picked up on?

Does anybody ITK confirm whether we keep our targets closer to our chest than other clubs and wonder who we really are purchasing this window?

The latter, yes. 

The majority of players we are linked with in the media is agent work- trying to get a better deal for their client at their current club.. trying to get their preferred destination club to stump up the deal they want...

20 minutes ago, MPH said:

The majority of players we are linked with in the media is agent work- trying to get a better deal for their client at their current club.. trying to get their preferred destination club to stump up the deal they want...

....and to increase the profits of Sky Bet et al.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, davieG said:

....and to increase the profits of Sky Bet et al.

Exactly that Davie.

I've said it time and time again on here. According to Sky sources x player is linked with x club. 

You'll always get the mug betters who will place money on, although you get people saying on here sky only own so much of the company now and it doesn't happen. It does. Markets like that are so volatile too. Only takes £5/£10 to swing the market massively. 

The majority of our signings break first a day or two before they're really happening, no more than that. There'll be loads of rumbling on here from different sources and blokes in the know. 

It's rare we have ones plastered all over the media that we're actually going to sign. It's why this section is mostly pointless until something gets traction due to a nod from one of the more reliable posters. 

Perez we pretty much just signed didn't we? Barely any speculation iirc.

Even if we do keep our cards close too our chest there's so many different parties involved in transfer dealings it's easy for rumours to get out