Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

First favourite LCFC player/ first memory of watching lcfc

Think my first favourite player was Scott Taylor, I have absolutely no idea why. 

First game would be 95/96 season, we beat Grimsby 2-1 at home, the pitch was in a horrific state lol. A young Heskey got both goals and I remember a certain Craig Shakespeare on the Grimsby team.

• Like 1

Frank Worthington. What a skilful player he was . I can't remember the name of the TV programme but teams competed in a knockout competition demonstrating various skills ( footballs through targets etc) and he was fantastic . I recall we beat Leeds Utd in the final. It may have been an ITV children's programme. Certainly in the 1970s . Any one else remember it ???

2 hours ago, jock2612 said:

Frank Worthington. What a skilful player he was . I can't remember the name of the TV programme but teams competed in a knockout competition demonstrating various skills ( footballs through targets etc) and he was fantastic . I recall we beat Leeds Utd in the final. It may have been an ITV children's programme. Certainly in the 1970s . Any one else remember it ???

Yes, I remember it. Think you're right it was an ITV children's programme. Each team had 5 or 6 players representing them & pretty sure we did win it, but like you can't remember the name of the show.

I've just googled it. It was called In The Game, two series were made one in 1976 & one in 1977. We didn't appear in the first series, but were in the 2nd series along with Bristol City, Ipswich, Leeds,Manchester City, QPR, St. Mirren & Wolves.We met Man. City in the final, didn't say who won, but if my memory is correct i'm pretty sure we did. It wasn't actually on kids TV, but aired at 7pm.

Edited by TOMMYG
  • Like 1

Has schoolboy season ticket in 1971 remember Shilton Whitworth Nish Weller and Worthington of course who was playing for Huddersfield when I first saw him. Best older memory probably the 5 goals in the 1982 FA quarter final vs Shrewsbury fantastic game.

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I will never in all my life for that Claridge goal, not because I was there mind...

We were on holiday in Sherringham and I had been by the swimming pool. I nipped away from watching the match for about a minute to grab my clothes and heard the Leicester fans going mad, in my scramble to get back and see what had happened I dropped all of my money in the pool lol.

This Claridge special and Andy King's goal in 2015 to beat West Ham late on, which was the quintessential start of our Great Escape miracle (followed by the Premier League title miracle win) have to be the two most important and pivotal two goals in our 136 years history!