Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

First favourite LCFC player/ first memory of watching lcfc

6 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

First memorable game: 2-2 wolves - Roberts debut, he scored two. I went to games before this but this is the one that made me think we had the best centre forward in the world and it was only a matter of time before we won the premier league. I was right, it only took another 22 years. 

First favourite player: a split between two. Joachim and Roberts. However, Walshie took over after the play off win.

Wasn’t that the game where Roberts also managed to put it over the bar from on the goal line? Quite a remarkable feat. I would have thought that would have made you have doubts about him being the best in the world. Haha 

my first footballing hero was David Nish. there have been some great LB's such as Pierce, Cole, Sammels over the years but Nishy was a great player. When i was still playing vets i always insisted on the N0.3 shirt.

My first memory was the chant "We got Marty, Marty Feldman, Marty Feldman on the wing" when Rod Fern scored at my first match Vs Man Utd in 1968 (we won 2-1). We had Shilton, Nish, Cross,Glover.  They had Charlton, Best Law. Two great sides.

Worst Memory: lots but despite the relegation's, the one that sticks out and still hurts is losing the 1969 FA cup Final.

• Like 1

Just now, Strokes said:

I genuinely didn’t know that, any idea in what capacity?

Yeah he works in hospitality as one of the hosts, met him in the bar there about a year. Literally nobody else in the room knew who he was and I figured out he played in my first game which was pretty cool.

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah he works in hospitality as one of the hosts, met him in the bar there about a year. Literally nobody else in the room knew who he was and I figured out he played in my first game which was pretty cool.

Ah I see, he was a good player. I don’t think it quite worked for him under Little looking back now. Whitlow took his place, he was too much of a baller for our style of play then.

First Favourite player's Alan Young Jim Melrose Andy Peake Mark Wallington but at a push I would say Melrose.

First Game 28/11/1981 Leicester 4-1 Cambridge United (Melrose/Lynex/Lineker (2)) I'm sure Lynex scored in the very first minute (possibly a penalty) I thought it would always be that easy!!! First memory was when we did the double over Liverpool the season before and became the first team to win at Anfield in 30 odd games.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SON OF A FOX said:

First Favourite player's Alan Young Jim Melrose Andy Peake Mark Wallington but at a push I would say Melrose.

First Game 28/11/1981 Leicester 4-1 Cambridge United (Melrose/Lynex/Lineker (2)) I'm sure Lynex scored in the very first minute (possibly a penalty) I thought it would always be that easy!!! First memory was when we did the double over Liverpool the season before and became the first team to win at Anfield in 30 odd games.

IIRC they were unbeaten in 86 home games before we beat them that day.

12 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Wasn’t that the game where Roberts also managed to put it over the bar from on the goal line? Quite a remarkable feat. I would have thought that would have made you have doubts about him being the best in the world. Haha 

Ah, well here is the secret. I didn’t see any of the goals nor any of our attempts. Any time we got near the goal, I ended up watching the backs of the those in front of me. I was sat in the old double decker of course!

Started watching Leicester in 1994, but I didn't really get into it enough to know about the players until a few years later, when we just happened to have a Turkish wizard in midfield. 

Even after everything that's happened to our little club over the last few years, Muzzy Izzet is still my all time favourite Leicester City player

My favourite player would probably be Shilton (helped by the fact he is from Leicester), but Weller and Glover would come close- and in a few years I think there will be many going for Vardy.

Certainly not my first memory, but Claridge's injury time goal against Palace in 1996 must be my favourite. Enjoy again...

• Like 2