Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

First favourite LCFC player/ first memory of watching lcfc

First memorable game

Leicester 3-2 Bristol Rovers

1990. I’d been to the odd game before but this was the first regular season where I can remember taking an interest.

First Favourite player - Colin Gibson. Brilliant Left back was a joy to watch, him and Gary Mills were about the only thing worth watching in that dark season.

• Like 1

First Game: Southampton 0-0 Leicester Early 2004. Ferdinand missed a sitter is all I remember really, was a terrible game.

Had to wait until the 90th minute on my 2nd game - The home game vs Everton in 2004, famous for the Everton fan who sadly lost his life. First live goal to ever see was from Wayne Rooney of all people!

First Favourite player: Probably Izzet but maybe Dickov. Always loved Izzet from childhood, but first following in 02/03, Dickov was my hero.

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

If I saw fighting, I have no memory of it.

My 1st game was 0-4 at home to Liverpool in 77, my 2nd game was a year or two later

a draw at home to Millwall. Looking back it may have been the year before 78 (0-0),

either that or I went a different way home to you.lol

1 hour ago, Spiritwalker said:

My 1st game was 0-4 at home to Liverpool in 77, my 2nd game was a year or two later

a draw at home to Millwall. Looking back it may have been the year before 78 (0-0),

either that or I went a different way home to you.lol

I was sat in the DD with a friend and his Dad. His Dad was a rum soul, chuckled away when Millwall scored...

First memorable game: 2-2 wolves - Roberts debut, he scored two. I went to games before this but this is the one that made me think we had the best centre forward in the world and it was only a matter of time before we won the premier league. I was right, it only took another 22 years. 

First favourite player: a split between two. Joachim and Roberts. However, Walshie took over after the play off win.

First game V Swindon 1970

We won 3-1, were fantastic & I had never seen so many people in one place in my life, I was awestruck.

At that point I decided to become a professional footballer but never got beyond Fleckney reserves.

My Favourite player turned up a couple of years later.  Frank Worthington, was & still is my footballing hero.

11 hours ago, KansasFox said:

first game I attended was v Notts County in the Zenith Data systems cup.  My Mum supported Man Utd, My Dad Notts county, my brother is a Forest fan (I know, how did I end up alright?!)... I didn't particularly follow any of them.  My Dad took me to watch Notts county and for certain reasons at the time, I think I'd have supported anyone contrary to my Dad's wishes!!  SO, I went to my first live game and picked the team that were against his team :D.  I've been a Leicester fan ever since

Favorite First player - that day it was Paul Kitson, seem to remember him having a blinder... after that it was Julian Joachim... he was the one coming through at the time that people were excited about.

If it was the northern area semi final,i'm suprised if you have dried out from that game yet!

55 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

If it was the northern area semi final,i'm suprised if you have dried out from that game yet!

It was!  I know, what a first match.  I remember being so wet and cold.  But over the other side the Leicester fans were making so much noise!  They were awesome that day! :chant:

7 hours ago, Strokes said:

First memorable game

Leicester 3-2 Bristol Rovers

1990. I’d been to the odd game before but this was the first regular season where I can remember taking an interest.

First Favourite player - Colin Gibson. Brilliant Left back was a joy to watch, him and Gary Mills were about the only thing worth watching in that dark season.

Colin Gibson still works for the club, met him about a year ago.

• Like 1

First game was a 1-2 home defeat to Leeds in 1999. A young Alan Smith scored for them I think. 

I also have very vague memories were my dad celebrating the wins at Old Trafford and Pride Park, listening to them on the radio, the season before. 

First favourite player was Steve Guppy without a doubt. I cried when he joined Celtic.

Edited by RonnieTodger

Good thread!

FFP - David Nish

FG - 0-0 at home to Northampton Town, Division One, 1965-66

Northampton were in the middle of their record-breaking journey from the 4th tier to the 1st, and back again. Not sure they won an away game that season, they were every team’s whipping boys - but a team which included Banks, Cross, Gibson & Dougal (?) couldn’t beat them.

As a schoolboy in Leicester at the time I relied on my Dad to take me to matches and he wasn’t at all interested. I used to get to about three games a season, which continued to be the case after we moved to the West Midlands in 1967.

I can’t recall who we beat when I finally saw us win a game live, but it was at about the tenth time of asking. My expectations had been

appositely set for a lifetime!