Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

First favourite LCFC player/ first memory of watching lcfc

Whilst we don't have much else to talk about I was wondering what everyone's first memory of watching Leicester is and who your first favourite player was?

Mine are:

First favourite player - Matty Fryatt

First memory - beating Tottenham 3-2 in the league cup with Mark de vries scoring the winner

• Like 1

My ffp was walshy. I loved how he scored so many playing at CB and obviously went up front sometimes too. 

My first ever game was a 2-2 draw with Norwich. It was iwan Roberts debut, he scored 2 but skied one from a few yards out to complete his hat trick. 

• Like 1

My first memory - Richard Smith scoring a last minute winner the FA Cup against Crystal Palace, it must of been on TV

My first game - later that season my uncle took me to a night game in Pen 2 against Cambridge,  I remember Dion Dublin being up front for them and Tommy Wright popping one in the top corner from 25 yards out.

My first fav player - Has to be "Rooster" Kevin Russell

Edited by foxestalkisfullofidiots
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

My ffp was walshy. I loved how he scored so many playing at CB and obviously went up front sometimes too. 

My first ever game was a 2-2 draw with Norwich. It was iwan Roberts debut, he scored 2 but skied one from a few yards out to complete his hat trick. 

That was Wolves, wasn't it? I remember sitting right above the goal about 2nd row of the Double-decker. 

• Like 1

First favourite player - Tommy Wright (original), would pretend to be him in my back garden for hours.

Left soon after to be replaced by Mike Whitlow with whom I had my favourite player photo taken with when I was a mascot in 1993.

First memory - Sitting in the Double Decker with my dad watching us beat Oxford 1-0 to stay up.

• Like 4

My first ever live game was on March 5th 1960, we beat Man. City 5 -  0, happy days. In those days you could buy blue plastic stars with black and white photos of the players in the centre. My father promised to buy me a star for any LCFC goal scorers, something he later regretted. From memory I got stars for Jimmy Walsh, Howard Riley, Colin Appleton, Ken Leek and Gordon Wills. Been a City supporter ever since. Favourite players Muzzy Izzet and Frank Worthington.

• Like 4

First Memory - Bit of a vague one but the delight from the Leicester clan both in Leicester and Ireland that we survived being relegated to the 3rd tier in 1990/91. 

First Game - The friendly against Rapid Bucharest on the eve of the First Premier League campaign in 94/95. 3-1 defeat IIRC. First time watching Leicester in full given the lack of TV Coverage at the time. Was a big Arsenal fan at the time but the long term obsession with Leicester more or less starts here.

First Favourite Player - Heskey was the first dominant player we had in a long time back in 96. His LCFC days tied in nicely with that glorious era.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

First favourite player: Gary Mills. Could play anywhere and had a goal in him.

91/92 was the first season I went regularly and it seemed like Gary Mills scored a penalty every match. Very strange technique too, just one step. He missed one towards the end of the season and I think Steve Thompson took over penalty duty from then on.

Edited by Rain King
  • Like 1

FFP - Mike Newell -  he seemed to score every time we went. Then I was amazed that he went to a division 'above'. There were actual divisions above!

FG - Plymouth 87 (I think)

FM - First clear memory - Beating Norwich 2-0 in the League Cup in 88. I think they were top of the old Div 1 at the time. 

• Like 1

First favourite player- Simon Grayson, for some reason. Good player and all that but not the obvious choice.

First memory- Probably around 94 at the age of four, losing at home to Crystal Palace stuck in my mind.

• Like 1

First memory was losing to Spurs in the ‘82 semi final.
First game I went to was six months later home to Newcastle.

Lineker scored for us and instantly became my favourite first player. 

• Like 1