Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

First favourite LCFC player/ first memory of watching lcfc

Not an original one but Steve Walsh was my first favourite player. I used to love the days before squad numbers, waiting to see if he was wearing number 5 or number 9 lol what a hero he was as well.

My first memory was losing the playoff final against Swindon, but I don't have any real visual memories of it, just that it happened at the time, then it was signing David Speedie which seemed exciting at the time. My first proper visual memory of City was the Derby playoff final victory the following year, hence Walsh being my first favourite player.

• Like 1

First fave player was probably actually Robbie Savage which is strange has i hate him now, just funny really.

First game was Bristol City fa cup from 2001 first and only visit to Filbert Street, I remember being a very upset 6 year old not being able to get my dad to by me a foxes top. Had to wait five years to get my first foxes top!

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, kingfox said:

First favourite player - Bruno Berner 

First memory - Numerous reserve games at Filbert Street. First team wise, 3-2 FA Cup win against Spurs in 06.

Remember seeing Berner for the first time at Swindon away, it was so obvious he was a cut above. Played centre mid for a laugh, probably never played there before but he ran the show.

• Like 1

My first memory is my dad dragging me to Bristol Rovers Away. Long car journey, standing on the terrace for 90 minutes with it pissing it down to watch a 0-0.

Not entirely sure how I fell in love with this game tbh.

Cant really remember my first fav player, probably Joachim.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

FFP - Kevin MacDonald i think

First memory - Millwall at home, 1-1. 1979?

There had been a documentary on tv all about the Millwall hooligans a year or two earlier, (Think you can find it on you tube now),

The main Millwall lad in the documentary was known as "Harry the Dog".  Cue our fans taunting the small and pathetic Millwall away following that day with chants of "Harry is a poodle".  Oh how we laughed.

As you say, game finished 1-1, walk out the ground, Cue " Harry the Dog" and the small and Pathetic Millwall away following kicking the steel barriers over outside the away end and wading in.  Cue Chaos!

First 3..

Ian King...F.Mclintock...Ken.Keyworth...

Then After that 1St year...add

David Gibson..G.Cross.Mike Stringfellow..

The team itself was "My favourite", but those 6 First stood out for me..!!!

Then there was a slow Stream of players who became my Hero for periods..  J.Goodfellow..T.Sweenie..J.Sinclair..D.Nish

The ones that stayed with me and Made a more permanent mark.....The 3 Gks...then..

G.Cross,I.King, Lenny Glover, ,Sjoberg,M.Stringfellow,G.Linker S.Whitworth, Izzet

3 masterclass  that hang that bit higher. F.Worthington....Davie.Gibson...K.Weller ( My no1)

Mr Leicester belonged for many years to the Tank...Graham Cross

The Two from Today who get actually on that Golden Dressing Room peg of Mr Leicester..J.Vardy & K.Schmeichel

Also mention in dispatches...A.king..Mat Elliot,G.Lineker.

So many years so many players & eras have drifted by....Some I knew & were aquainted with, all have their own Stories

from that 5 year old kid's mind right upto that 67 year old kid's mind & memories.!!!

• Like 4

first game I attended was v Notts County in the Zenith Data systems cup.  My Mum supported Man Utd, My Dad Notts county, my brother is a Forest fan (I know, how did I end up alright?!)... I didn't particularly follow any of them.  My Dad took me to watch Notts county and for certain reasons at the time, I think I'd have supported anyone contrary to my Dad's wishes!!  SO, I went to my first live game and picked the team that were against his team :D.  I've been a Leicester fan ever since

Favorite First player - that day it was Paul Kitson, seem to remember him having a blinder... after that it was Julian Joachim... he was the one coming through at the time that people were excited about.

• Like 1

Not my first game, but my first memory is my dad taking me to Sunderland away in the late 90s. Car journey, ground and being near their fans (which was obviously their old away end behind the goal when they were next to away fans).

First favourite player was Izzet or Dickov. I claim both because they were both in the same lineup and I liked them equally. Izzet was just class; Dickov scored all the goals.

11 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

FFP - Kevin MacDonald i think

First memory - Millwall at home, 1-1. 1979?

This was my 2nd  game, I would have been 9 or 10 and with my dad. I remember after the

game every street we turned down there were fans fighting.

FFP - Andy Peake