Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Dermot Desmond of Celtic Breaks Silence on Rodgers Departure

Just quickly a passage also about him hiring MON in 2000:

“In 2000, I went back and asked him (SAF) if he was to pick his replacement at that time who would it be. He said there were three people: Dave O’Leary, Alan Curbishley and Martin O’Neill. I said the one I’m interested in is Martin O’Neill.

“I had previously asked a prominent broadcaster if Martin (then managing Leicester in the Premier League) would be interested in the job and I got a response in the negative. I then asked Alex if he would speak with Martin, to see if he would meet with me, and the response was that he would be very interested in meeting. So I met Martin for dinner and we got on very well. I introduced him to Pat and Brian and they also felt he was a remarkable individual, so we hired Martin.”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

So fergie tapped up o'Neill for the rivals of his boyhood club. Great.

Unreal skullduggery. 

I'm so glad we've become much bigger than Celtic financially and on the field. Scum bag behaviour. 

'you're at a big club, Alex, please have a word' 

34 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Unreal skullduggery. 

I'm so glad we've become much bigger than Celtic financially and on the field. Scum bag behaviour. 

'you're at a big club, Alex, please have a word' 

We did the same with Rodgers.