Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Classic Toys

Great thread!

Anyone remember these? I had about 15 or so, pretty sure my parents wouldn't buy me them though, so not sure if they were free with something for a while?

MicroStars-Soccer-action-figures-lot.jpg

I used to always take HydroStrike in on the last day of term in school, was definitely the coolest kid there, for sure.

41JR53KV0WL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Scalextric were brilliant too. My old man still has loads up in the loft, I reckon he's saving them for when I have a lad of my own. We had loads of cars (my dad is a petrolhead), but they were all probably 80s, 90s and a couple of early 00s. That's how I first started to learn about cars, classics, different makes and models etc.

The scariest thing about all this is that when I move out, I know I'm definitely gonna end up buying some of these again:facepalm:

11 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

He had GRIPPING HANDS! 
Blew my socks off 

BBBE18D6-33DC-4919-98BD-3C22BA12CA05.jpeg

2 hours ago, Flamey said:

As a kid the rumour was that the bins round the back were full of Action Man stuff:thumbup:

True story: the bloke in charge of the product line (and according to Wikipedia can be credited with the introduction of gripping hands and the flocked hair) lived a few doors up the road from me.

I don't know about bins of knackered Action Men, but in the days when Palitoy still made Star Wars figures, there was a fire at the warehouse, leading to my mate who lived next door to him being given literally hundreds of rescued Star Wars toys, mainly figures. Some of them were fire damaged (Luke Skywalker with melted legs was actually pretty cool) but loads of them were fine. My friend very generously let me help myself, and I took 30 or 40. I was about 8 at the time, and it was a good day

• Like 3

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

True story: the bloke in charge of the product line (and according to Wikipedia can be credited with the introduction of gripping hands and the flocked hair) lived a few doors up the road from me.

I don't know about bins of knackered Action Men, but in the days when Palitoy still made Star Wars figures, there was a fire at the warehouse, leading to my mate who lived next door to him being given literally hundreds of rescued Star Wars toys, mainly figures. Some of them were fire damaged (Luke Skywalker with melted legs was actually pretty cool) but loads of them were fine. My friend very generously let me help myself, and I took 30 or 40. I was about 8 at the time, and it was a good day

Luke Skywalker with melted legs?sure it wasn't Uncle Owen?🤔

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Flamey said:

Completely forgot about this! 👍

I think that if you rolled a 5 , you had to roll the other dice to see whether or not you were out

14 minutes ago, Manini said:

@Leicester_Loyalthe football figures were class! I can’t remember what they were called, but they came inside a chocolate egg I think, like a kinder egg. I had Claude Makalele and Brad Friedel. 

Powerpodz! 

You may well be right, I had ones like Gazza in the 90s England Umbro shirt, looks like they're still making them today, just found a Vardy one.

https://www.corinthianseller.co.uk/prostars-club-specific.php

All classic ones there.

complete-shootout-album-04-05_360_52960e

Used to collect these in 05/06 and 06/07 seasons too. Before that it was Pokemon cards when I was about 6 or 7.

51YgG1+lucL._AC_SL1036_.jpg

airfix-classic-wwii-german-a00705v-pack.

Used to have loads of different sets of these too, would do Germany & Japan vs. UK, USA and allies.

Jesus Christ, no wonder I didn't get a shag until I was 16:frusty:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1