Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Classic Toys

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

By Boxing Day half of my Subbuteo team ended up with career ending decapitations.

I was leaning over the back of an armchair once watching my brother play his mate, unfortunately I caused it to tip backwards on to the pitch.....oh the humanity....luckily it was Liverpool who bore the brunt.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

I had loads of Airfix planes and a couple of Airfix warships in my bedroom. One day while I was at school my mum

decided they were too dusty and that the quickest way to clean them would be to put them in a bath of warm 

water. It didn’t end well.:(

Oh dear!

I built a very decent model of HMS Victory many years ago. I was so proud of it, all the detailed rigging, canons, flags furling in the breeze. I even painted the tiny components before assembling them. It looked, to my mind, spectacular and took several weeks to construct.

Got chucked out by my parents after I moved out. 

11 hours ago, Flamey said:

Debatable if its 'classic' or a 'toy' tbh😟

BqEqfqVIUAAmrUQ.jpg

yeah could be going off on a tangent but if we're talking classic football computer games..

Brian Clough's Football Fortunes. Part board game, part computer game. Like football Monopoly but with weekly "football results" generated by inputting your squad star value into the Spectrum. And "Chance" cards which would deliver gut punches like "Your best midfielder leaves on a free to the player on your right" or "your two highest value players are killed in a car crash - remove them from the game"

My mate and I played this all summer holidays one year and it led to some legendary arguments and scraps.

brianspectrum.jpg

419648f8.jpg

unnamed.png

15 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

yeah could be going off on a tangent but if we're talking classic football computer games..

Brian Clough's Football Fortunes. Part board game, part computer game. Like football Monopoly but with weekly "football results" generated by inputting your squad star value into the Spectrum. And "Chance" cards which would deliver gut punches like "Your best midfielder leaves on a free to the player on your right" or "your two highest value players are killed in a car crash - remove them from the game"

My mate and I played this all summer holidays one year and it led to some legendary arguments and scraps.

brianspectrum.jpg

Yeah, videogames don't sit comfortably as a 'toy' for me (my opinion only🤗), but, this certainly looks an interesting game, never heard of it before...."your two highest value players are killed in a car crash - remove them from the game"......crikey!!!😧