Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Investing in Cryptocurrencies

4 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Just stored on the exchange, It depends on what you want to do with your BTC if its for a long term investment then get your own wallet, if its for temp gains then keep it on the exchange. Its important to do your own research there is 1000's of people out there with more knowledge.

Cheers, I decided to store it in on trust wallet as I’m just going to be holding my BTC indefinitely. 

Unsure if anyone will be interested, but yesterday I was invited to the Pi network.

This is one of the first Crypto that you are able to mine directly by downloading from your mobile, for free. If anyone wants an invite I am happy to send one to you, if you want you can message me on here. :thumbup:  All you have to do is open the app once a day and click to mine for crypto. Simple.

Pi is not currently listed on any exchange, and currently can not be bought or sold, therefore valueless today, but who knows in the future, and its free right?

Pi Network website

If you download the app, & you want an invite code, then you can use mine, Kilworthfox :thumbup:

Edited by Kilworthfox

1 hour ago, Kilworthfox said:

Unsure if anyone will be interested, but yesterday I was invited to the Pi network.

This is the first Crypto that you are able to mine directly by downloading from your mobile, for free. If anyone wants an invite I am happy to send one to you, if you want you can message me on here. :thumbup:  All you have to do is open the app once a day and click to mine for crypto. Simple.

Pi is not currently listed on any exchange, and currently can not be bought or sold, therefore valueless today, but who knows in the future, and its free right?

Pi Network website

If you download the app, & you want an invite code, then you can use mine, Kilworthfox :thumbup:

There are several of these apps such as Bee Network, being a very popular one atm. With Bee network you keep mining until 2024 and then it plans to launch. Personally not for me, invest £20 in a 1p valued crypto such as AMP or Reef, check in 5 years and would be worth more than your Bee/Pi/Phoneium etc will ever be.

Edited by Sambiasso

2 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

There are several of these apps such as Bee Network, being a very popular one atm. With Bee network you keep mining until 2024 and then it plans to launch. Personally not for me, invest £20 in a 1p valued crypto such as AMP or Reef, check in 5 years and would be worth more than your Bee/Pi/Phoneium etc will ever be.

I will amend to one of, thanks for letting me know, I'll check out the other 2.

Its free, so for me, any risk is negligible. 

49 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Edited by Kilworthfox
redundant question

3 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

I will amend to one of, thanks for letting me know, I'll check out the other 2.

Its free, so for me, any risk is negligible. 

I done a bit of looking into Bee and PI Networks, found this interesting article about how Bee Network is an anonymous clone of PI Network so worth a read if you get time.

https://research.aimultiple.com/bee-network/

• Like 1

On 15/03/2021 at 12:23, DennisNedry said:

Just signed up to Coinbase, awaiting ID verification.

Any crypto recommendations for a noob lads?

There's lots of variables to consider than just shilling you some coins, Whats your goal with investing, short term gains or long term 5yr plus? also how much are you looking to invest, the simple answer for me is anything north of 15k stick it in Bitcoin for 6 months and treble your investment. 

If you want a bigger selection to choose from with potentially better gains then sack off Coinbase and learn to use Biance. 

The one thing you will hear a lot of people say is Do Your Own Research, This is your money so don't be sucked in by someone who is telling you that your investment will 5,10,20X if you invest 90% of the time its not true and you could invest in a shitcoin.

The safe(r) bets are the big hitters Bitcoin and Etherium, If you have your eye on anything let me know.

One interesting coin being added to Coinbase tomorrow is Cardano(ADA) which a lot of people are excited by.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Looks a solid project, had a fantastic rise over the past 3 months. Why you ask?

I'm being given 100. My sister and her husband bought a load when they were pennies, now they're over $9.She says I should hand on to them. 

Tbh I don't real understand it. 

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm being given 100. My sister and her husband bought a load when they were pennies, now they're over $9.She says I should hand on to them. 

Tbh I don't real understand it. 

I tried googling it and I got this;

Theta is an open source protocol purpose-built to power the decentralized streaming network and will allow for vertical decentralized apps (DApps) to be built on top of the platform to enable esports, music, TV/movies, education, enterprise conferencing, peer-to-peer streaming, and more.

Hence why I asked. :dunno:

• 5 months later...

Recently expanded into some new exchanges...

Kucoin

Bitforex

Coinex

FTX

Bittrex

ZT

As the NFT & Pay to earn cryptos seem like a fabulous investment... and not all projects are on Binance, Crypto.com or Coinbase...

If anyone is looking at investing in a coin! I have a little advice so that you do not lose... Research your investments Here are some good places to start:

https://coinmarketcap.com/

https://cryptorank.io/

You will always hear in videos to "do your own research" but when I started I never really knew how to do this: So my tips are...

Read the project whitepapers

See what people are involved in the projects, do they seem credible? 

How many followers do they have on their socials?

Is there a working project now, or is it speculative?

Do they have functionality?

There are literally hundreds of projects that are a big % off from their all time highs, try to find out why as some will be a waste of an investment, but some will x in big numbers... Good luck my fellow foxes, Finally... there is a guy from Leicester (Not me lol)  who produces technical charts called Tom, here is his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBbEvlSOeJMwSVYOdXOvvw

He is very good in my opinion, and will give you technical analysis, and entry and exit points, and explain the essential knowledge on each video as to why it could go up or down!

• Like 1

Bought into an NFT project, CryptoSquatches, beyond the 'NFT' themselves they will have owner privileges, like concerts etc. Kinda interesting. I am talking to some others in the space about what we could potentially do as our own project.

https://cryptosquatches.com

https://opensea.io/collection/cryptosquatches

On 17/03/2021 at 18:37, Sambiasso said:

There's lots of variables to consider than just shilling you some coins, Whats your goal with investing, short term gains or long term 5yr plus? also how much are you looking to invest, the simple answer for me is anything north of 15k stick it in Bitcoin for 6 months and treble your investment. 

If you want a bigger selection to choose from with potentially better gains then sack off Coinbase and learn to use Biance. 

The one thing you will hear a lot of people say is Do Your Own Research, This is your money so don't be sucked in by someone who is telling you that your investment will 5,10,20X if you invest 90% of the time its not true and you could invest in a shitcoin.

The safe(r) bets are the big hitters Bitcoin and Etherium, If you have your eye on anything let me know.

One interesting coin being added to Coinbase tomorrow is Cardano(ADA) which a lot of people are excited by.

I was about to say Cardano. The transaction costs are much better compared to Eth (until Eth 2.0), the 'gas' prices are killing me right now.

I wouldn't recommend Binance though, they've had limitations in the UK.

Edit: Oh! Binance was good back in MARCH!! Not so much right now.

Edited by Merging Cultures

19 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

I was about to say Cardano. The transaction costs are much better compared to Eth (until Eth 2.0), the 'gas' prices are killing me right now.

I wouldn't recommend Binance though, they've had limitations in the UK.

Edit: Oh! Binance was good back in MARCH!! Not so much right now.

I still use Binance, in my opinion it is the best exchange closely followed by Kucoin.

There are no restrictions using Binance, as I send my xrp to from my Crypto.com wallet for example to Binance for 0.25 xrp cost which is about 25p

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Bought into an NFT project, CryptoSquatches, beyond the 'NFT' themselves they will have owner privileges, like concerts etc. Kinda interesting. I am talking to some others in the space about what we could potentially do as our own project.

https://cryptosquatches.com

https://opensea.io/collection/cryptosquatches

So this project after a 30 seconds research This project is not on coinmarketcap or cryptorank... They do have 3000 followers on Twitter, but this isn't many for a crypto project.

There are 4 (anonymous) staff involved, as they have no linkedin profiles attached to this project, or pictures or real names. Which for me is a few red flags, to say the least!

The website has some information I grant you, but considering it has been 3 days since minting began, why are these not available on a platform that people already know? Also the gas fees on Eth will put alot of people off.

How did you buy into this? I cant find an exchange where they are listed... and I am on alot of exchanges.....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

So this project after a 30 seconds research This project is not on coinmarketcap or cryptorank... They do have 3000 followers on Twitter, but this isn't many for a crypto project.

There are 4 (anonymous) staff involved, as they have no linkedin profiles attached to this project, or pictures or real names. Which for me is a few red flags, to say the least!

The website has some information I grant you, but considering it has been 3 days since minting began, why are these not available on a platform that people already know? Also the gas fees on Eth will put alot of people off.

How did you buy into this? I cant find an exchange where they are listed... and I am on alot of exchanges.....

Minted from their website using MetaMask - which is how a lot (most?) NFTs are minted, you connect your wallet and then mint and get charged extortionate gas on the chain! I'm not particularly sold on NFTs, but thought I'd take a look.

The guys are quite well known, they've shared their details on the Discord (where most NFT 'communities' are developed). They have bold claims about what they will offer holders of the NFTs. To be honest as I was listening they reminded me of the FYRE Festival guys!!! Hopefully they come through with their marketing strategy that they are teasing and we see an increase in mined tokens and number of wallets.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Looking to get back into it, is binance still a pain to use?,

Kucoin is currently my go to exchange. 

I deposit gbp to the crypto.Com app.

Then buy whatever coin then send it to another exchange, then hold or trade in that exchange as crypto.com is crap. 

Edited by Kilworthfox