Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

The case for a few 'Steady Eddies'

6 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Sorry, OP.  Have to disagree. Steady is not what we need. We have that in abundance. We need something unpredictable. Flair. A spark of magic. Under might be one such player - but we won’t find out whilst he’s on the bench. 

No problem! I wanted to start a debate on it.

I genuinely believe in this, but I can also see the argument for looking out for more creative sparks.

It's hard to say... is it that we are still missing that Mahrez type, or is it that we could just do with two more dependable players in the XI week in week out. (might be both! lol)

12 hours ago, Mark said:

Perez and Praet were brought in as just that, both were around 26 at the time without pulling up trees anywhere previously. Unfortunately we've not got performances from them, both incredibly passive.

You don’t watch up play football do you... clown

Praet is our most steady eddie midfielder. We could do with similar, but a more physical presence. We have far too many players prone to a real off day - whilst someone like Praet is usually 6, 7 or 8 out of 10 every game.

I'd have liked Doucoure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Claridge said:

Those were the days, Gerry Daley was a great calming influence as well

Looking back to that era, I wonder how Frank McClintock's short managerial tenure at Leicester would have played out on FT had it been around?

17 hours ago, Babylon said:

When Ndidi comes back it will add something defensively at set pieces, attacking wise not so much as he's got a 50p head. 

I'm not so fussed about having height at set pieces, what annoys me is that knowing you're not the biggest team you just chose float it into the box with a standard corner kick. Be inventive, do something different! I'd rather see us try and fail doing something different, rather than watching Maddison not clear the first man 300 times a season. 

yes, I seem to remember we went through a period being quite inventive with some really impressive moves from short corners, think it was before lockdown mk1 but we seem to have given that up?