Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Lampard gone!!

22 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yep 100%, but perhaps they've got too many used to European managers and being pampered? 

I don't think criticising players in the media is the way to go. Which is what great managers usually don't do.

Most managers defend them but will batter them behind closed doors which is how I think it should be done.

I wouldn't want my manager slating me in front of everyone else.

Nobody really seems to have mentioned it but I'm sure Chelsea are fine with this. They needed a manager to rekindle the fans after Sarri alienated the fanbase and a manager that was going to give their young players more opportunities. Lampard did that and looks like he's currently out of his depth at this level at this stage of his career. The blot on his copybook is the huge amount spent on new signings so it makes sense to appoint a manager that is more likely to get a better tune out of them.

Chelsea got what they needed out of him and Lampard got a massive opportunity far earlier in his career than he ought to, it's still been a beneficial situation for both parties. Tuchel is a right weirdo though so I can't actually see it working out in the long term either but who knows?

• Like 1

Took a playoff level team in the championship to the playoffs after spending some money and calling in favours at Chelsea, didn't improve them much if at all. 

Was always a head scratcher to me how he got the Chelsea job, actually did a lot better than I thought he would but no surprise to see him sacked at the first hint of a problem. Can't stand the club, I hope Tunchel bombs, think he's a rubbish appt as well and think he very well might be below par coming in to this league after being at the helm of the farce that is PSG in that league. 

• Like 2

On 26/01/2021 at 07:35, Stadt said:

Tuchel is a right weirdo though so I can't actually see it working out in the long term either but who knows?

CFC clearly agree with you -- they only gave Tuchel an 18 month contract.  A club with their resources shouldn't be issuing short contracts to two stopgap managers in a row.

And the construction of that squad  :nigel: They look another super-rich club just winging it on the football side like MUFC and Arsenal.

Albeit Arse are the only one of the three that could ever run out of money.