Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex T

Season ticket name exchange - any experiences?

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Slightly of topic but Im an existing season ticket holder and have recently had a baby and will want him to have one too in a few years. What's the best way to go about this? Anyone had any experience? 

Also I'd probably want to move to the family stand as I think kids go free in there don't they? But that's not crucial. 

42 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Similar boat, my lad is 2 and a half. 

Toss up whether he becomes a Leicester fan or Sheffield United one. Don't really want to commit him to a season ticket too early but know it's going to be tricky getting him a ticket up the top of SK1 with me.

Get them on the membership scheme without delay. Even if you don't get them to a game, renewing every year gives you 10 points per season per membership. My two are 3 and 6 and before the outbreak we were going every game. After three seasons with my daughter having a membership, she's within range of the season ticket points requirement. My lad is some way off still as I was stupid enough to not get him a membership at birth

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Get them on the membership scheme without delay. Even if you don't get them to a game, renewing every year gives you 10 points per season per membership. My two are 3 and 6 and before the outbreak we were going every game. After three seasons with my daughter having a membership, she's within range of the season ticket points requirement. My lad is some way off still as I was stupid enough to not get him a membership at birth

Cheers mate. Annoyingly the club isn't selling memberships at the moment but I will sort it out in the summer. 

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Cheers mate. Annoyingly the club isn't selling memberships at the moment but I will sort it out in the summer. 

Friend of mine had this issue as well. They have a cut off point for selling them since last season which I can only put down to having too many members now

2 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

How many points is the cut off for a season ticket at the moment? And how many points do you get a year for going every game? 

46 minutes ago, brucey said:

How many points is the cut off for a season ticket at the moment? And how many points do you get a year for going every game? 

You can enter the ballot for a season ticket as a member regardless.

The ballot prioritises on membership points I believe, so the more points you have, the more chance you have of being successful in the ballot. I think two seasons ago people were getting selected with around 40 points.

You start with 0, get one point per match ticket purchased, then 10 points for renewing. Its a slow process, though I was handicapped by thinking I could only move my S/T a set amount of times a season, turns out I could move for every game as the club understood the reasoning behind it

• Thanks 1

I got a bit screwed over by this as I got a job working at the games the year we won the league (for a stats company) and gave up my season ticket. That meant I couldn't get a ST the next year so I now share an ST with a mate, although the tickets are in his name so i couldn't get tickets for the Champs League away games etc.

Having said that, the rules are there for a good reason. Just wish we got a bigger ground quicker as the membership route seems a bit slow and I still pay for half a season ticket.

Although not the exact same circumstances, I am having the same issue.

My husband set up a season ticket for me 7 years ago, which was put in his name. Previous to the 7 years, I was a member for years and should have been in my name his error. I am always the one that has attended over the years, other than the odd game,and have never bothered to change it, it has never been a problem. I have not shared the ticket and have tried to change the name with no joy. 

Now worrying how I will get in. Any thoughts?.

Assuming that we don't get back in this season I think there will be a larger number of season tickets available next year. Sadly covid will have taken its toll and old age, loss of job or circumstances will mean some drop out. I think there could be as many as 1000 which will be offered.