Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex T

Season ticket name exchange - any experiences?

Hi all

My family had 2 season tickets in the Kop since the League 1 season. It my mine and my stepbrother’s name on the tickets. My stepbrother moved up to Leeds in 2017 and it was no longer feasible for him to get to the game every week so my dad took the ticket over in all but name. Since we’ve had the tickets we’ve shared them around the family depending on who is around that weekend and haven’t had any issues with doing so. We’re concerned now that when we finally get back in the ground that the club will want ID and my dad’s ID won’t match the name on the ticket. I did contact the club when project restart happened about the possibility of changing a name over but was shutdown by the LCFC helpline saying they don’t offer it because they have a waiting list in the Fox Members Club and it’s not fair on people waiting. I suggested that loyalty should be rewarded and that many families would do the same as we do with tickets and she conceded this but I think her hands were tied and she didn’t have any authority to do it for us. She also said it was unlikely they’d be able to check everyone at full capacity and it would be like normal so hopefully it won’t be an issue.  She said we could write a letter, which I didn’t do as I hoped we’d be back at full capacity this season (🙄) but am now concerned with the vaccine passport etc thats being suggested that dad will never get back in (despite, ironically, probably being the only one in the family who will be jabbed in August). We did also offer to pay for my dad to become a member and then go that way but the lady said there was a waiting list and he’d be at the back of the queue.

Has anyone had any experience of this before and a successful outcome?

Thanks

Alex

You can't pass your ST on a permanent basis.

You can have it reallocated match by match by going to the outside ticket office prior to a match and get it reassigned and paying any differences in cost if there is any. I believe there's a restriction on the number of times you can do this in the Family Stand.

I go with my son and have a concession ticket when I've had to miss a game his mate uses mine and reassigns and upgrades it as above.

As for Covid and passports I've no Idea and I doubt the club has either.

That's my experience.

• Thanks 1

Full Terms & Conditions Here - https://resources.lcfc.com/leicesterfc/document/2020/08/23/3bacbda8-3412-4dab-95c5-e82ecf417fdd/Season-Ticket-Terms-and-Conditions-2021-FINAL-22-08-2020-.pdf

LEICESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB
SEASON TICKET 2020/2021
TERMS AND CONDITIONS

20. In the interests of safety, Season Tickets and/or Match tickets are for the use of the Season Ticket
Holder only in the relevant sections of the Stadium and are strictly non-transferable, either to any
other home supporter or to visiting supporters, except where such Season Tickets are transferred
for one or more Matches under the terms of Condition 22 below. The Club also reserves the right
to cancel any tickets in advance of a Match where the Club reasonably suspects such tickets
may be used by a visiting supporter and/or eject from the Stadium any visiting supporters sitting
in the areas reserved for home supporters, without reimbursement.

21. Subject to Condition 22 below, Season Tickets are issued for your sole use and you shall not sell,
dispose of, assign, transfer, lend or otherwise deal with the Season Ticket or the benefit of it to
any other person without the prior written consent of the Club. Written consent may be sought
via e-mail to [email protected] with all correspondence marked with your Supporter Number,
which can be found on the front of your Season Ticket. Supporters are encouraged to contact
the Club as soon as possible and at the latest three (3) hours prior to the Match to request written
consent. Further you shall not use the Season Ticket for any commercial purpose. The reference
to selling the Season Ticket includes: (a) offering to sell a Season Ticket (including, without
limitation, via any website or online auction site); (b) exposing a Season Ticket for sale; (c) making
a Season Ticket available for sale by another person; (d) advertising that a Season Ticket is
available for purchase, which for the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) means
that this Season Ticket may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition; (e)
transferring, lending or selling a Season Ticket to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel
package; and (f) giving (or offering to give) a Season Ticket to a person who pays or agrees to
pay for some other goods or services (or offers to do so): save as expressly authorised by the
Premier League or the Club.

22. Season Ticket Holders may only sell or transfer their Season Ticket (for an individual Match) (i) to
a Guest with the express written consent of the Club given at the Club’s absolute discretion,
provided that such transfer is in respect of an individual Match and in consideration of no
payment or benefit and provided further that such transfer does not take place during the
course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party’s business; and/or (ii) to
any person via the Club’s Official Ticket Exchange as and when introduced by the Club, each
such resale or transfer being subject to the Conditions of Entry which will (save for any rights to
transfer under this Condition 22) apply to and bind the recipient of the Season Ticket as if they
were the original purchaser of the Season Ticket (and where the Season Ticket is sold or
transferred to a Guest pursuant to this Condition 22 you must inform them of this). Any attempt
to sell or transfer or otherwise dispose of the Season Ticket either (i) without the prior written
consent of the Club; or (ii) via any method other than the Club’s Official Ticket Exchange shall
be a breach of these Season Ticket Terms and Condition and in such case the Club reserves the
right to withdraw and cancel the Season Ticket without reimbursement.

23. The unauthorised sale or disposal of a Season Ticket may amount to a criminal offence, including
under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent
Crime Reduction Act 2006. The Club shall inform the police as soon as it becomes aware that a
Season Ticket is are being or has been sold in contravention of this legislation. If a Season Ticket
Holder is convicted of a ticket touting offence, or the Club reasonably suspect a Season Ticket
Holder has committed such an offence, the Club will notify the Premier League who may in turn
notify other football clubs, event holders and/or the relevant law enforcement authorities. The
information that the Club shares may include personal data regarding the Season Ticket Holder
(including name, contact details, information about the offence and about ticket purchases
(including payment details). The Club will use this to identify and prevent ticket touting offences
and disorder at matches.

24. Season Tickets must not be used or made available as prizes for competitions, auctions,
giveaways or similar promotions or lent or sold as part of any hospitality or travel package.
25. In the event that a Season Ticket is transferred to another person and an offence or breach of
these Season Ticket Terms and Conditions and/or the Ground Regulations and/or the COVID-19
Spectator Code of Conduct is committed, then both the Season Ticket Holder and the transferee
shall be jointly and severally liable for such breach.

26. Club officials will have the right to challenge and, if necessary, refuse entry to any supporter who
attempts to enter the Stadium under a concession for which the Season Ticket Holder does not 
meet the eligible criteria. Please note that Condition 44 of these Season Ticket Terms and
Conditions explains the different concessions available. In the event of a breach of this Condition

26, the Club reserves the right at its discretion to withdraw and/or cancel the Season Ticket
without reimbursement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Written consent may be sought
via e-mail to [email protected] with all correspondence marked with your Supporter Number,
which can be found on the front of your Season Ticket.

You can do it without Written Consent if you go to the External Ticket Office prior to the game with the ST and the owners detail and get it reallocated for the one game. 

Well at least that is my experience.

2 hours ago, Alex T said:

Hi all

My family had 2 season tickets in the Kop since the League 1 season. It my mine and my stepbrother’s name on the tickets. My stepbrother moved up to Leeds in 2017 and it was no longer feasible for him to get to the game every week so my dad took the ticket over in all but name. Since we’ve had the tickets we’ve shared them around the family depending on who is around that weekend and haven’t had any issues with doing so. We’re concerned now that when we finally get back in the ground that the club will want ID and my dad’s ID won’t match the name on the ticket. I did contact the club when project restart happened about the possibility of changing a name over but was shutdown by the LCFC helpline saying they don’t offer it because they have a waiting list in the Fox Members Club and it’s not fair on people waiting. I suggested that loyalty should be rewarded and that many families would do the same as we do with tickets and she conceded this but I think her hands were tied and she didn’t have any authority to do it for us. She also said it was unlikely they’d be able to check everyone at full capacity and it would be like normal so hopefully it won’t be an issue.  She said we could write a letter, which I didn’t do as I hoped we’d be back at full capacity this season (🙄) but am now concerned with the vaccine passport etc thats being suggested that dad will never get back in (despite, ironically, probably being the only one in the family who will be jabbed in August). We did also offer to pay for my dad to become a member and then go that way but the lady said there was a waiting list and he’d be at the back of the queue.

Has anyone had any experience of this before and a successful outcome?

Thanks

Alex

It's your dads ticket but he moved away 4 years ago, what about people who have been paying to be members for years who can't get a ticket because he can give them to whoever he likes? I know it's the way it is, but it's not unfair if you were to miss out if ID were needed to get in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hollism said:

Good

Fair point and I do understand it, but on the flip side, if a family has paid over £10k for 15 years of having the season tickets, there is a counter argument that loyalty could be rewarded too. Hopefully once the ground is expanded more people will be able to get the season tickets they want. 

21 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Someone I know has been a member as long as the membership scheme has been going. Applied for a season ticket every year since we were promoted 

I’m sorry but I’m calling BS on that one. The year we stayed up 14/15. Me and my friend both had gold memberships. Then when everyone had the chance to renew say in April loads of people didn’t. So in May before we had stayed up. Me and and my friend got a chance to get season tickets which we took. We didn’t enter no ballot or anything. We had a window to get one and there were loads up for sale. I know of people who have been members since who have been able to get season tickets. My cousins were gold memebers during the league winning season and managed to get two the season after. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Apollo said:

Where do you stand if a season ticket holder passes away? Swapping it from a father to a son for example?

Not sure about now but three seasons ago I know of two people who did pass away and the next of kin who attended with them were allowed to get the ST switched to another family member. It may have changed now though.

7 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

My dad used to have my season ticket in my younger brothers name to save a few quid I changed it to my name a couple of years ago 

I did a similar thing for my daughters a few years ago, but I believe this would lot be possible now.

11 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

My dad used to have my season ticket in my younger brothers name to save a few quid I changed it to my name a couple of years ago 

Thank you - did you write to the club?

12 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Just now, Jobyfox said:

I have this issue as one of mine is in my daughter’s name, but she’s now a nurse. So fitting football in with her shift working is not always possible. On these occasions my wife uses the ticket.

Are we saying that the easiest way to resolve this is to kill my daughter and get the ticket reallocated to my wife? It’s a shame really as I’d rather kill my wife 

Then you'd have no one to go with. Who does the driving/drinking?

9 minutes ago, Alex T said:

Thank you - did you write to the club?

He must have done or the club wouldn't have changed it. If i was in this situation, i'd keep paying for the ticket, even if he didn't attend. The last thing i'd want is some moaning git sat next to me telling me how long he'd waited for his seat and quoting the rules and regulations of the club.

• Like 2

Difficult one as my kids have now grown up and daughter will soon be off to uni. 

She'll struggle to attend, depending on where she goes but wants to continue to go, when she can. 

Although there are many members now, when we started going, there were so few Leicester fans that if we'd have brought our boots, we might have got a game. 

We were loyal when many couldn't be arsed. 

Rules are rules, I suppose 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Difficult one as my kids have now grown up and daughter will soon be off to uni. 

She'll struggle to attend, depending on where she goes but wants to continue to go, when she can. 

Although there are many members now, when we started going, there were so few Leicester fans that if we'd have brought our boots, we might have got a game. 

We were loyal when many couldn't be arsed. 

Rules are rules, I suppose 

I think I am right in saying that you can sell your unused tickets back to the club. Or rather tell them you can't go and then they put the ticket on sale on the website, and if it sells you get some of the proceeds (you get 1/19th of the cost of your season ticket, but they sell the ticket at full price). It might be worth doing for at least one season to see how many games she manages to get to. 

• Like 1

The thing about loyalty is pointless. The loyalty lies with the season ticket holder and not the relative who now wants the season ticket. The season ticket holders loyalty has been respected and rewarded with the chance of renewing and retaining the season ticket. The relative is just any other fan who wants a season ticket and should get in line. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I think I am right in saying that you can sell your unused tickets back to the club. Or rather tell them you can't go and then they put the ticket on sale on the website, and if it sells you get some of the proceeds (you get 1/19th of the cost of your season ticket, but they sell the ticket at full price). It might be worth doing for at least one season to see how many games she manages to get to. 

Yes, you can. I've done this a number of times for mid-week matches that I couldn't get to. Worked well for me and was a win - win, I get some money back and a fan gets in who might have otherwise been unable to. 

I think we were quite slowing in setting up this service as many clubs have been operating this for some time. They had to offer something as its illegal to sell on your seat even at face value (and the club make a profit). That's one of the reasons why you see odd empty seats even for big matches when tickets are like gold dust. 

• Like 1