Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross 'LCFC' Turner

Groundhog Day

2 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Strap in, here we go again......

7 key players injured 

Poor home form 

Still can’t defend set pieces 

No recruitment in January 

Players going to end up being rushed back 

Bench full of academy players 

Felt very Bournemouth today. Wednesday is massive. Players are gonna have to dig seriously deep to shift the mood that will inevitably be gathering around  the club.

Edited by sdb

Difficult not to make comparisons with the dip in form last year but injuries and exhaustion are perhaps more of a factor. I'd almost be tempted to change almost everyone for Wednesday even if we lose again just to get back some freshness and mental strength.

I expect Iheanacho might keep his place even though he struggled because Vardy doesn't look anywhere near 100%. Although he has his critics on this forum we could really do with getting Perez back if Maddison is going to be out for much longer and I agree with those who would like Mendy given a chance.

If we keep expectations realistic and get 2 or 3 back we might be OK for Europe but Champions League is going to be tough 

6 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Well I don't agree.  I think under Rodgers, Leicester are totally a confidence team.  And in the two years he's been here, every time we've hit a slump in terms of result and effort, he's not turned it around and we've drifted that way until season closure.  Mentally we are weak when up against it and thats been proven time and time again.  So whilst you say this season isn't comparable to last, I still ask the same question, why do you think it will be different this time? 

Except that’s not true at all is it? 
Do you remember saying the same earlier in the season when we lost to West Ham and Villa and this place was full of the doom merchants who call themselves supporters saying it’s all over - wait did we turn things around?

There is zero evidence for anything you are saying here!

We’ve lost twice in the league this year!

We haven’t been out of the top 5 for almost 2 years - in that time spending less than 3 weeks outside the top 4.

All this whilst competing with teams who have a vastly superior budget to work with.

Some of you need to give your heads a wobble and maybe go and support Man City if you want a perfect game every week and buckets of cash to replace ever player who might pick up a knock.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KFS said:

Yep. What I want to know is who’s keeping these lads accountable? Look like they’ve completely given up this second half. Who’s holding the mirror up? Brendan is a nice guy but I doubt he’s doing that.

The message is very clear. You’ve done this once, it’s going to happen again.

Good grief....The negativity....I'd hate to live in your mind

21 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Good grief....The negativity....I'd hate to live in your mind

Haha I don’t even know you but that’s a big claim mate. This is a football forum about Leicester, who have a history of capitulation. If you want to talk mind negativity let’s keep it on track about football yeah?

7 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Strap in, here we go again......

7 key players injured 

Poor home form 

Still can’t defend set pieces 

No recruitment in January 

Players going to end up being rushed back 

Bench full of academy players 

At least we signed shorts to nipple guy last Jan