Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross 'LCFC' Turner

Groundhog Day

Just now, Aus Fox said:

For a start this season and last season are two seperate season, and what happened last season has zero barring on what happens this season.

Aus Fox I’m sorry but this is simple law of averages. The independent variables are literally the same as last season.

1 minute ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Not many. I don’t like it, but how many times have we attempted it and succeeded? Bloody loads.

I’ve called BR on it numerous times, but it has worked time and time again, last 3 months particularly. 

Not that I don’t dislike it as a tactic, but you’re factually wrong.

Most recently against Villa

Last three games of the season are a joke as well. 

Injuries playing a big part of it, but after 2 years in the job and you still stick with zonal marking that’s clearly not working, you obviously aren’t all that. Everyone else can see it. 

Doing well for ‘little old Leicester’ but can’t accept the same things constantly happening. 

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

For a start this season and last season are two seperate season, and what happened last season has zero barring on what happens this season.

Well I don't agree.  I think under Rodgers, Leicester are totally a confidence team.  And in the two years he's been here, every time we've hit a slump in terms of result and effort, he's not turned it around and we've drifted that way until season closure.  Mentally we are weak when up against it and thats been proven time and time again.  So whilst you say this season isn't comparable to last, I still ask the same question, why do you think it will be different this time? 

13 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

We have nothing left to give. Burnley are bully boys and we are weak as piss and will have no madders or Barnes. I'll genuinely be amazed if we win at turf moor

No you’re right I see no way back for us now, it’s all done

Last season we had three months off and continued the negative football. This time we've played in 6 consecutive midweeks with players out and coming back and all that disruption.

They've worked their bollocks off this season and have done superbly until the last two games.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Strap in, here we go again......

7 key players injured 

Poor home form 

Still can’t defend set pieces 

No recruitment in January 

Players going to end up being rushed back 

Bench full of academy players 

It is not just that. It is the way we play. The mentality. The lack of wanting to win, be fearless, that is most worrying. Come on Rodgers, learn from past mistakes. You can get it right.

We ae going to struggle with the injuries we have at the moment, because we are stripped of any creativity and running power at the top end of the pitch. Means the ball comes back at us a lot quicker, and defending against anyone in this league for large chunks of a game is always a struggle.

Rogers wanted another creative midfielder in the Maddison mould last summer because without him we are much less effective and it has shown instantly in the last 2 games, but Maddison type players don't come cheap.

We finished today with 6 players on the pitch not long back from serious injuries, or injuries that affect running power. and Fuchs at the back. We then get width and forward momentum from Castagne and Periera out wide. Ndid and Tielemans stay where they are, and I'd try Albrighton in behind Vardy. Would give my right arm for Ulloa to partner Vardy right now though.

Tough ride to the end of the season but time to see how much we have matured, who can cut it and who can't, and to grind out some results. Might be an opportunity for one or two youngsters to show a little. Tavares is one I could stand to see a bit more of to the end of the season. Shame KDH didn't have a recall in his loan contract.

January was impossible for significant signings and it will be a difficult summer for everyone bar the real money bags at the top.

We have a top manager, we are enjoying some good years, years I never thought to see. It could be worse, I feel for the Sheff Utd fans. Decent bunch enduring a dire season. I'll take whatever we end up with this season, because keep the squad together, get them fit, and a couple of decent additions, and there are more good years to come for this team.

For the past 3 seasons (Inc this one) we've seemed to write the season off and treat the end of the season as a long pre season it's no wonder we come out the traps so fast a look so impressive for the first half of seasons.

Someone just needs to work out how we can finish seasons properly and not be the new bottlejobs.

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I don't think that's true.  Last season's collapse must have made some impression psychologically.  The players are only human, if we have a couple more bad results, last season's tail off is bound to make them wonder if lightning might strike twice.

Next couple of games are massive.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think zonal marking doesn’t work but you’ll probably find it’s a symptom of the lack of training time. We can’t do full set piece sessions analysing other teams threats, so we’ve stuck with zonal marking. 

...we were not in Europe last season and prior, and we were still using Zonal marking!!!