Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross 'LCFC' Turner

Groundhog Day

Just now, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Strap in, here we go again......

7 key players injured 

Poor home form 

Still can’t defend set pieces 

No recruitment in January 

Players going to end up being rushed back 

Bench full of academy players 

Two defeats on the bounce, yes. But I think leave it at least two more games before completely giving up, considering we’re second 

• Like 2

Yep. What I want to know is who’s keeping these lads accountable? Look like they’ve completely given up this second half. Who’s holding the mirror up? Brendan is a nice guy but I doubt he’s doing that.

The message is very clear. You’ve done this once, it’s going to happen again.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The set piece one is a huge issue for me, it's been an issue for 18 months but we don't look like improving at all. We can't score them and we can't defend them, something needs to change. If we cut out about 30% of the set piece goals we conceded we'd be in a much better position.

The zonal marking is a big part of the problem for me. Never liked it, never will.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Yep you’re absolutely spot on there, agreed completely, they have way too much for us

We have nothing left to give. Burnley are bully boys and we are weak as piss and will have no madders or Barnes. I'll genuinely be amazed if we win at turf moor

• Haha 1

This won't be same as last season, as in, it won't go to the final game.  We will be long out of the top 4 before that point.  The only similarity will be if the final game rests on a top 6 spot or not.  But we have fallen off a cliff again in terms of effort and performances recently.

From here, I think 7th at the end.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

The zonal marking is a big part of the problem for me. Never liked it, never will.

I was told on another thread that we didn’t employ it. 

I’m not one of those simpletons who doesn’t see how well we’ve done up to this point, to be in top four for time we have and injuries we’ve had has been brilliant. Today has been a disaster injury wise and we’ll no doubt see a drop in form. But no doubt the morons will come out in force as per. 

But our weakness at set pieces because we insist on zonal marking is something Brendan has to swallow his pride on, it’s not working. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

This won't be same as last season, as in, it won't go to the final game.  We will be long out of the top 4 before that point.  The only similarity will be if the final game rests on a top 6 spot or not.  But we have fallen off a cliff again in terms of effort and performances recently.

I wonder whether there are any Leicester fans on here who could suggest why? See if you can find an actual fan, they’ll help you out.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

FFS some of you need to have a word with yourselves.

We've lost one league game before today this year. 
Absolute joke some of you call yourself “fans”

Stop thinking rationally mate, it’s all over now according to everyone else

4 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Wow

We started well, scored early and then instead of killing off the game, sat back deep and invited Arsenal onto us. How many times have we attempted the defensive game and failed?

I get the heavy fixture list but we are getting injured because we are literally having to run ourselves into the ground for 90 minutes playing catch up every bloody match! Can Brendan not see how counter-productive and knackering his defensive game is?

We look lethargic and completely uninterested. Nacho needs binning as he offers absolutely NOTHING to this team.  If we are not careful, we will blow it again just like last season. The only person accountable for that is BR.

Massive investment in the summer needed upfront.  Having to rush the likes of Vardy back when he clearly isn't fit is an absolute waste of time.

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

FFS some of you need to have a word with yourselves.

We've lost one league game before today this year. 
Absolute joke some of you call yourself “fans”

Do you remember last season when people on here kept saying the same.  And then game after game went by and everything drained out of our team and we limped to the finish in 5th?  Rather than calling me out on my opinion, why don't you suggest why that won't happen this time round?

• Like 1

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

We started well, scored early and then instead of killing off the game, sat back deep and invited Arsenal onto us. How many times have we attempted the defensive game and failed?

Not many. We are one of the best teams at not dropping points from a lead. 

That tactic also worked for Villa and Man City v Arsenal - recent 1-0 wins where they scored early

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

Do you remember last season when people on here kept saying the same.  And then game after game went by and everything drained out of our team and we limped to the finish in 5th?  Rather than calling me out on my opinion, why don't you suggest why that won't happen this time round?

For a start this season and last season are two seperate season, and what happened last season has zero barring on what happens this season.

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not many. We are one of the best teams at not dropping points from a lead. 

That tactic also worked for Villa and Man City v Arsenal - recent 1-0 wins where they scored early

I dont just mean from a winning position. In general we will always opt for a defensive setup and try and sneak a goal rather than just playing the attacking game we do so well.

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I get the heavy fixture list but we are getting injured because we are literally having to run ourselves into the ground for 90 minutes playing catch up every bloody match! Can Brendan not see how counter-productive and knackering his defensive game is?

We look lethargic and completely uninterested. Nacho needs binning as he offers absolutely NOTHING to this team.  If we are not careful, we will blow it again just like last season. The only person accountable for that is BR.

Massive investment in the summer needed upfront.  Having to rush the likes of Vardy back when he clearly isn't fit is an absolute waste of time.

Not many. I don’t like it, but how many times have we attempted it and succeeded? Bloody loads.

I’ve called BR on it numerous times, but it has worked time and time again, last 3 months particularly. 

Not that I don’t dislike it as a tactic, but you’re factually wrong.