Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City's Kasper Schmeichel | The Moments That Made Me

Great insight......a proper winner and club legend ..

Replacing Vardy will be tough and probably be done by improving two or three positions but when Kasper leaves or hopefully retires with us it will be the biggest void to fill!

His winning mentality, leadership and footballing skills will be irreplaceable or at least very very challenging to fill.

Yes, he has small deficiencies but far out weighed by all of his other world class qualities....he is under appreciated by many and despite great goalkeepers of the past I would argue he is our best ever ...consistency, longevity, record etc...and yes I saw Banks, Shilts, Flowers et al!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought I'd look at how he stands on all-time LCFC appearances....... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Leicester_City_F.C._records_and_statistics#Most_appearances

That list seems to be slightly out of date now. He now seems to stand 7th in the all-time list - on 417 LCFC appearances.

Unless he leaves or suffers a serious injury, it seems likely that he'll top 500 appearances, putting him in the all-time top 3.

That Graham Cross all-time record of 600 appearances doesn't look entirely out of reach - 5 more seasons playing most matches? He'd be about 39, but some keepers do play for that long....

Would be good if Vardy could top 400 appearances, too...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Thought I'd look at how he stands on all-time LCFC appearances....... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Leicester_City_F.C._records_and_statistics#Most_appearances

That list seems to be slightly out of date now. He now seems to stand 7th in the all-time list - on 417 LCFC appearances.

Unless he leaves or suffers a serious injury, it seems likely that he'll top 500 appearances, putting him in the all-time top 3.

That Graham Cross all-time record of 600 appearances doesn't look entirely out of reach - 5 more seasons playing most matches? He'd be about 39, but some keepers do play for that long....

Would be good if Vardy could top 400 appearances, too...

Mal Griffiths would have been up there if he had missed 6 years because of the war. Never realised he played previously for Arsenal. 9 games for them in a championship winning season. Wonder if he got a medal back in those days?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, enmac said:

Mal Griffiths would have been up there if he had missed 6 years because of the war. Never realised he played previously for Arsenal. 9 games for them in a championship winning season. Wonder if he got a medal back in those days?

It's likely he didn't get a medal. It was only halved from 10 to 5 appearances in the 2012/2013 season. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3428499/how-many-appearances-for-premier-league-winners-medal/

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

People who think top 4 is everything should listen to what he says about winning trophies.

The media has conditioned fans into being obsessed with the top 4. 

Football is about winning things.........

But that also different from a player's perspective to a fan's. Players are only around for a short amount of time whereas fans are there for their whole lives.

Of course Kasper would rather have won 2/3 major trophies at the end of his career but as a fan, I'd trade that certainty for the chance to be genuine contenders for every trophy for the next 10/20 years.

He's definitely a better goal keeper now than even two years ago. Whether it's Brendan's Coaching or not I don't know. If he can only sort out his kicking a little.

What I give him great credit for is that he takes his football seriously and is always Mentally ready for every game.

He can still have a big say in how our season finishes.