Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Is Elvis Hammond good enough?

Elvis Hammond. the big vote  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Is Elvis Hammond good enough for this club?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, give him time
    • Not sure, i'll wait and see

he just doesn't play like a footballer.

Very poor first touch

Not a great shot

Doesn't create space for Fryatt

Doesn't really pass to Fryatt

Offside too muich

his head is down

I have nothing agaisnt the guy I just think both Hume and Ogrady are better option. Hammonds key strength is his pace, He is the kind of player i would bring on in the last 15 minutes when either a winger or a centreback has run hiself to into the ground. So an impact player but not a starter.

he just doesn't play like a footballer.

Very poor first touch

Not a great shot

Doesn't create space for Fryatt

Doesn't really pass to Fryatt

Offside too muich

his head is down

I have nothing agaisnt the guy I just think both Hume and Ogrady are better option. Hammonds key strength is his pace, He is the kind of player i would bring on in the last 15 minutes when either a winger or a centreback has run hiself to into the ground. So an impact player but not a starter.

despite my post earlier in this thread about a year ago stating to give him and momo a chance, i now think theyve been given their chance and theres one thing for it. they are both shite. done little in the way of helping the team out and dont add much to our options.

I noticed this too. He is a frustrating player, but I think he could do well for us.

i agree.but i think he will do his job for us as a sub,the defenders on the opposing team will not like his pace after 70 mins.this is in my view when elvis will be more useful.

Elvis Hammond is f'cking shit, there is no other way of putting it, he was embarrassing last night.

How he ever made it as a pro is now beyond my comprehension and how he was even considered ahead of Mark de Vries is a bigger mystery. He is a disgrace and should be left to rot in the reserves until we can get shot of him.

Elvis Hammond is f'cking shit, there is no other way of putting it, he was embarrassing last night.

How he ever made it as a pro is now beyond my comprehension and how he was even considered ahead of Mark de Vries is a bigger mystery. He is a disgrace and should be left to rot in the reserves until we can get shot of him.

I don't think Elvis has ever been a disgrace. Even in the reserves he's always put the effort in.

After City collected no points from two truly lousy performances Hammond came in and we've taken four points.

No, he hasn't shone, but he's played his part in various ways and certainly didn't stop trying.

I think his speed is an asset if it could be properly harnessed but I doubt he'll get too many more chances despite such promising pre-season form which many put down to low-quality opposition.

Whatever, I don't think it's going to help to villify the guy. Purposeful time on the training field is what's needed.

Elvis is a terrible footballer, he hasn't got a first touch and his control is also absolutely non-existent. The only positive I can see to having Elvis in the side is the fact that his pace (something Fryatt and Hume don't have a great deal of) scares defenders and forces them to make mistakes. Also, his work-rate is very impressive for somebody that must surely be lacking in self-confidence. He gives his all every time he plays and runs his socks off. Maybe he'll prove us wrong one day, but I, like many others, don't think he has what it takes.

I don't think Elvis has ever been a disgrace. Even in the reserves he's always put the effort in.

After City collected no points from two truly lousy performances Hammond came in and we've taken four points.

No, he hasn't shone, but he's played his part in various ways and certainly didn't stop trying.

I think his speed is an asset if it could be properly harnessed but I doubt he'll get too many more chances despite such promising pre-season form which many put down to low-quality opposition.

Whatever, I don't think it's going to help to villify the guy. Purposeful time on the training field is what's needed.

Maybe he should just go to the lower leagues where he is more effective.

Elvis is a terrible footballer, he hasn't got a first touch and his control is also absolutely non-existent. The only positive I can see to having Elvis in the side is the fact that his pace (something Fryatt and Hume don't have a great deal of) scares defenders and forces them to make mistakes. Also, his work-rate is very impressive for somebody that must surely be lacking in self-confidence. He gives his all every time he plays and runs his socks off. Maybe he'll prove us wrong one day, but I, like many others, don't think he has what it takes.

Maybe you and Filbertway are both right but, for what he cost, he's not a bad squad guy to have around because we don't have many options speed wise.

They don't play the same position but maybe Hammond could learn from Gradel who controls the ball first then attacks the opposition at pace.

Also from Porter who almost always gets his head up to see the pictures and finally from videos of Henry who, as a speed merchant, is also the most relaxed man around when he takes possession.

He needs specifically focused coaching does Elvis but, at 26, he needs it quickly and he has to learn the lessons fast. Whether he can I don't know but I am beginning to suspect that the majority view is correct.

Maybe you and Filbertway are both right but, for what he cost, he's not a bad squad guy to have around because we don't have many options speed wise.

They don't play the same position but maybe Hammond could learn from Gradel who controls the ball first then attacks the opposition at pace.

Also from Porter who almost always gets his head up to see the pictures and finally from videos of Henry who, as a speed merchant, is also the most relaxed man around when he takes possession.

He needs specifically focused coaching does Elvis but, at 26, he needs it quickly and he has to learn the lessons fast. Whether he can I don't know but am beginning to suspect that the majority view is correct.

This is the point

very few football players improve dramatically after getting past the age of 24.

Before some Idoit comes on here replying with "Luca Toni blah blah", I said very few not none.

I just feel that if he doesn't improve by the time Christmas comes around (and I feel I'm being generous by saying Christmas), then maybe he just isn't cut out for being a championship footballer, if he is cut out for playing football and not 100m

I just feel that if he doesn't improve by the time Christmas comes around (and I feel I'm being generous by saying Christmas), then maybe he just isn't cut out for being a championship footballer, if he is cut out for playing football and not 100m

I don't get all this sprinting crap.

Yes he's quick but he aint that quick.

(I dunno wheather your being serious or not but a few people have mentioned it seriously)

I don't get all this sprinting crap.

Yes he's quick but he aint that quick.

(I dunno wheather your being serious or not but a few people have mentioned it seriously)

Of course I'm not being serious. He'd get mauled on an olympic sprint, I'm just highlighting that his pace is the only thing that works for him, and it has been like it for a while

Oh come on he is 25 years old and never been able to hold down a starting place anywhere, he is a woeful footballer. I didn't think it possible but we have someone worse than Trevor Benjamin and Ade Akinbiyi.

The man can't pass, can't trap a ball, can't shoot, can't head and can't stay onside.

Please, someone tell me what qualities he has to warrant being a Leicester City player?

Oh come on he is 25 years old and never been able to hold down a starting place anywhere, he is a woeful footballer. I didn't think it possible but we have someone worse than Trevor Benjamin and Ade Akinbiyi.

The man can't pass, can't trap a ball, can't shoot, can't head and can't stay onside.

Please, someone tell me what qualities he has to warrant being a Leicester City player?

Because we always need at least one terrible striker at the club.

You've already mentioned Akinbiyi and Tricky Trev, now it's Elvis' time to shine.

They try bless 'em.

I've seen him shoot well enough. I've seen him close down defenders quickly when possession is lost (a quality Kelly likes), I've seen him break dangerously, particularly from wider positions and he seems to have improved as far as running offside is concerned.

And he's fast - too fast for his own mind mostly - but fast nevertheless. Sylla played 25 times for City last season, Maybury probably 15/16 times at right midfield, Tiatto started 14 or so and failed to be a winner once...yes, we've had worse performers.

It's not always what you can't do but what you do do that counts and Hammond hassles folk.

Most importantly he also helped change the fortunes of a team that didn't need a fourth successive League defeat.

I've seen him shoot well enough. I've seen him close down defenders quickly when possession is lost (a quality Kelly likes), I've seen him break dangerously, particularly from wider positions and he seems to have improved as far as running offside is concerned.

And he's fast - too fast for his own mind mostly - but fast nevertheless. Sylla played 25 times for City last season, Maybury probably 15/16 times at right midfield, Tiatto started 14 or so and failed to be a winner once...yes, we've had worse performers.

It's not always what you can't do but what you do do that counts and Hammond hassles folk.

Most importantly he also helped change the fortunes of a team that didn't need a fourth successive League defeat.

I admire your staunch defence but I would say that results are more to do with the quality of the opposition than anything he has contributed.

He lasted 55 minutes last night.

He is rubbish we saw it last season and nothing has happened this season to suggest he is any better. But it does answer a few queries about O'Grady lol

Archived