Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stearman & LEVI in the U19 squad

<h3 class="headline">Duo Make The Grade </h3> 0,,10274%7E2710264,00.jpgRichard Stearman and Levi Porter have been named in the England under 19 squad to take on Switzerland at Wycombe Wanderers FC this Wednesday evening (7pm).

Stearman has been a regular in Martin Hunter's under 19 squad this season, while Porter has been called up as a late replacement for Derby midfielder Lee Holmes, who misses the game through injury.

Stearman has made 12 appearances at right-back for the first team so far this season, while winger Levi Porter is yet to break through to the senior squad.

Squad in full

Ben Alnwick Sunderland AFC

Moses Ashikodi Gillingham FC

Nathan Ashton Charlton Athletic FC

Nathan Doyle Derby County FC

Nathan Dyer Southampton FC

Joe Garner Blackburn Rovers FC

Anthony Grant Chelsea FC

Joe Hart Shrewsbury Town FC

Levi Porter Leicester City FC

Adam Johnson Middlesbrough FC

Billy Jones Crewe Alexandra FC

Mark Noble West Ham United FC

Ben Parker Leeds United AFC

Micah Richards Manchester City FC

Gary Roberts Crewe Alexandra FC

Gavin Rothery Leeds United AFC

Richard Stearman Leicester City FC

David Wheater Middlesbrough FC

Good to see Levi still being called up. It's wierd, most of those players are playing or have played for their first team, Billy Jones has been for years. Yet Levi never seems close breaking through, get him out on loan.

That Nathan Dyer for Southampton is shit hot. Next Shaun Wright Phillip's mark my words.

Well done lads! I'm surprised Stearman hasn't broken in to the Under 21's yet, he's been on standby for them twice but never got the call. Plenty of time for that though I suppose.

Yea well done lads!

and whilst Stearman isn't in the under 21's and not being seen as much as he could be, he'll still be playing for us :D

Stearman won't get called until he establishes himself in the side. He did have a run of games, but I think he committed too many mistakes and looked a little exposed at times. If he gets a chance in his natural position of central defence, he should then be able to demonstrate his ability on the ball more with a greater angle of passing options available to him.

Stearman won't get called until he establishes himself in the side. He did have a run of games, but I think he committed too many mistakes and looked a little exposed at times. If he gets a chance in his natural position of central defence, he should then be able to demonstrate his ability on the ball more with a greater angle of passing options available to him.

I disagree abit there. Stearman was arguably our most consistent player when he played last season, I know he only made a dozen or so appearances and most of those were from the bench but every time he played there was a buzz about him and he was positive in everything he did. This season I thought he started off well and although he made a few mistakes he's been alot more safer at right back than Maybury. Every player makes mistakes at some point, it's how they bounce back from them that's the key. Stearman had a dodgy first half against Coventry but then second half like the rest of the team he came out with his sleeves rolled up and played a blinder. I think he's done enough to establish himself as a first choice defender at Leicester, but if Levein continues to play him out of position he's then got an excuse to drop him when our so called first choice right back is available.

I hope Stearman gets his place back soon either at right back or a chance at central defence if McCarthy/Gerrbrand drop their guard.

I disagree abit there. Stearman was arguably our most consistent player when he played last season, I know he only made a dozen or so appearances and most of those were from the bench but every time he played there was a buzz about him and he was positive in everything he did. This season I thought he started off well and although he made a few mistakes he's been alot more safer at right back than Maybury. Every player makes mistakes at some point, it's how they bounce back from them that's the key. Stearman had a dodgy first half against Coventry but then second half like the rest of the team he came out with his sleeves rolled up and played a blinder. I think he's done enough to establish himself as a first choice defender at Leicester, but if Levein continues to play him out of position he's then got an excuse to drop him when our so called first choice right back is available.

I hope Stearman gets his place back soon either at right back or a chance at central defence if McCarthy/Gerrbrand drop their guard.

Don't get me wrong, he's had a number of good games this season (which is more than Maybury), but Stearman has demonstrated his lack of experience at times with regards to his positioning and decision making. There's no denying his ability - but rightback isn't his natural position, although he is comfortable there. Hopefully we'll see him at centreback at the start of next season.

And while I'm not impressed with Maybury, we've kept 3 clean sheets in a row since he's returned to the side. Best not to change a settled back 4 at the moment.

If we can't employ Stearman in defence, I reckon he would play well in midfield, perhaps playing in front of the back 4. As well as being a very talented and technical footballer, he has the aggression and energy to be effective there.

Don't get me wrong, he's had a number of good games this season (which is more than Maybury), but Stearman has demonstrated his lack of experience at times with regards to his positioning and decision making. There's no denying his ability - but rightback isn't his natural position, although he is comfortable there. Hopefully we'll see him at centreback at the start of next season.

And while I'm not impressed with Maybury, we've kept 3 clean sheets in a row since he's returned to the side. Best not to change a settled back 4 at the moment.

If we can't employ Stearman in defence, I reckon he would play well in midfield, perhaps playing in front of the back 4. As well as being a very talented and technical footballer, he has the aggression and energy to be effective there.

I think you've got a point there, infact I think he'd do a job almost anywhere on the pitch.

I disagree. I think he's still too lightweight for any position in the spine of the team. Maybe in a year or two he'll be a regular centre back/defensive midfield choice but that certainly shouldn't be the case now.

He may look lighweight but the lad can get stuck in and isn't no pushover.

Archived