Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Team v Burnley

I've got to say i'm glad i'm not going to this one. Burnley are a horrible team and should be banned from football. They even play 4-5-1 at home and we are hopeless against teams who play this way. The only way to mess it up for them is to really throw everything at them and perhaps risk conceding a few but with enough quality going forward we could get an early goal or two and open them up like a tin of beans after that.

Douglas

Maybury

Gerrbrand

McCarthy

Sheehan

Elvis

Hughes

Gudjonsson

Smith

Hume

de Vries

Subs: Nissa, Sylla, Henderson, Williams, Stearman

1. Douglas

2. Maybury

24. Gerrbrand

9. Dublin

22. Sheehan

7. Sylla

16. Gudjonsson

4. Hughes

21. Smith

10. de Vries

8. Hume

Subs:

13. Henderson

17. Stearman

5. McCarthy

3. Kisnorbo

18. Hammond

I agree with you Ric that we need to take the game to them, however I would start Sylla and then make the swap for Hammond later into the game - that's more of a case of having a striker on the bench than anything though. I'd put Dion in defense alongside Gerrbrand and have McCarthy on the bench - Dion hopefully could orchistrate alongside Patrick although there isn't much between me choosing Dion or Pat at the moment. Sheehan also needs to start over Nils, bottom line.

1. Douglas

2. Maybury

24. Gerrbrand

9. Dublin

22. Sheehan

7. Sylla

16. Gudjonsson

4. Hughes

21. Smith

10. de Vries

8. Hume

Subs:

13. Henderson

17. Stearman

5. McCarthy

3. Kisnorbo

18. Hammond

I agree with you Ric that we need to take the game to them, however I would start Sylla and then make the swap for Hammond later into the game - that's more of a case of having a striker on the bench than anything though. I'd put Dion in defense alongside Gerrbrand and have McCarthy on the bench - Dion hopefully could orchistrate alongside Patrick although there isn't much between me choosing Dion or Pat at the moment. Sheehan also needs to start over Nils, bottom line.

I think your right about Elvis, he'd be more effective off the bench when their defence is tired and he can fire some crosses in. I don't think you can drop McCarthy at the minute, him and Gerrbrand are doing remarkably well in the centre and we look our most solid in defence for a long while. Agree about Sheehan though, he oozes class in defence and going forward something Nissa lacks.

Assuming Hughes is not yet fit to be anything but substitute.

Douglas;

Maybury, Gerrbrand, McCarthy, Nils;

Smith, Joey, Sheehan;

Hume;

Hammond, MDV.

Subs: Henderson, Stearman, Dion, Hughes, Hammill.

This is a little experimental but leaves the currently effective backline unchanged, finds out if Sheehan can fit into the old fashioned left-half role which would so use his attacking abilities, retains as much pace and movement as we can reasonably field and allows Hume to reinforce midfield or the front two from the position which best suits him.

If Hughes were fit I'd play him midfield with Sheehan replacing Nils at left back.

This weekends team is hard to predict. Levein will look at Burnley and consider matching them, so feel for those fans travelling up to watch it. All i hear lately is we've got to "win the physical battle." I'm sick of hearing it to be honest. Go out and score some goals, at least 2 or it's not good enough.

Henderson

Stearman

Gerrbrand

McCarthy

Maybury

Sylla

Hughes

Gudjonsson

Smith

Hume

de Vries

Subs: Douglas, Tiatto, Williams, Johansson, Hammond

This weekends team is hard to predict. Levein will look at Burnley and consider matching them, so feel for those fans travelling up to watch it. All i hear lately is we've got to "win the physical battle." I'm sick of hearing it to be honest. Go out and score some goals, at least 2 or it's not good enough.

Henderson

Stearman

Gerrbrand

McCarthy

Maybury

Sylla

Hughes

Gudjonsson

Smith

Hume

de Vries

Subs: Douglas, Tiatto, Williams, Johansson, Hammond

:thumbup::thumbup: Your right!!

---------------------douglas

-------macarthy--gerrbrand--johanson

stearman---maybury---kisnorbo---sheehan

---------elvis--------hume------smith

Every position backed up, major pace all round the pitch, youth and experience. Go get em boys!

Just to point out, CL isn't going to change the back four after the recent quality performances defensively so that leaves:

Douglas

Maybury Gerrbrand MCCarthy Nissa

Hammond Kisnorbo Hughes Smith

Hume MDV

Subs, Hamill, Dublin, Stearman, Sylla, Joey

---------------------douglas

-------macarthy--gerrbrand--johanson

stearman---maybury---kisnorbo---sheehan

---------elvis--------hume------smith

Every position backed up, major pace all round the pitch, youth and experience. Go get em boys!

7 defenders in the team, oh my word!

rab

maybury

mccarthy

gerrbrand

nils

sylla

kisnorbo

hughes

smith

de vries

hammond

subs

henderson, hume, stearman, tiatto, dublin

I believe Hammond will start Hume's only expected back from international duty yesterday/today so can't have had much involvement in the 'scoring project'.

I'm also struggling to get Joey in the team if Kisnorbo is going to start, I can't see how he can fit in as a sub unless it's to replace Tiatto.

rab

maybury

mccarthy

gerrbrand

nils

sylla

kisnorbo

hughes

smith

de vries

hammond

subs

henderson, hume, stearman, tiatto, dublin

I believe Hammond will start Hume's only expected back from international duty yesterday/today so can't have had much involvement in the 'scoring project'.

I'm also struggling to get Joey in the team if Kisnorbo is going to start, I can't see how he can fit in as a sub unless it's to replace Tiatto.

True, but Hume has actually scored a competitive goal this week, whereas Elvis has put 3 windows through in the houses near Belviour Drive. Elvis it is then.

Archived