Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUME

You'll be pleased to hear that Iain Hume scored the only goal in a 1-0 win for Canada last night against Luxembourg. I will find a match report, but the term clinical finish has been used to desribe Hume's goal. Let's hope this will give him a confidence boost and he can start scoring a few rippers for the blue army.

All together now ...................... HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUME

Come on Levein, give him a go.

We've seen enough of Hammond.

He will do! To be fair to Levein he has given Hume a fair few games but he also hasn't been scoring. I think he's trying to keep it fair with Elvis and Hume, but it's now time to give Hume half a dozen starts to settle in to the team. For me Hume is one of the best players we've had for a long while and we need to utilise his talent more.

I'd still like to see Levein give one of the genuine strikers from the reserves a go (Chambers would be my choice) and use Hume in the hole. There is NOTHING to lose seeing as Hammond hardly ever scores anyway and much to gain if it adds a bit of interest to the next game.

Indeed if Hammond were sub to a teenager it may be just the lift he needs to make his point from the bench. Wicked psychology really. Mind you I'm convinced Chambers would score. He's just the sort that would in his first full match.

It's not exactly an achievement to score a goal against Luxembourg. They are maybe the 2nd or 3rd worst national team in Europe. Even Hammond could score a hattrick against these fellas :rolleyes:

Canada are pretty woeful to be fair. Anyway a goal is a goal and it might give Hume that bit more composure in front of goal for us. By the sounds of it, the finish was good and it wouldn't of mattered who it was against he still would of found the net.

HESPERANGE, Luxembourg (CP) - Iain Hume scored in the 69th minute as Canada defeated lowly Luxembourg 1-0 on Wednesday, rescuing the Canadians against a soccer minnow ranked 66 places below them.

The Leicester City striker broke the deadlock in an uninspired match at the Stade Alphonse Theis when he raced down the left, leaving a defender in his tracks and scooped the ball over the onrushing Luxembourg 'keeper.

It marked the first goal for Canada for the 22-year-old from Brampton, Ont. It came in his 14th appearance for the senior side.

Luxembourg is ranked 152nd in the world by FIFA, compared to No. 86 for Canada. The two teams had only met once before, with Canada winning 2-0 some 32 years ago.

Slightly smaller than Rhode Island, Luxembourg has a population of about 487,000 - roughly the same as London, Ont. Its soccer team took a beating in this round of World Cup qualifying, losing all 12 matches while being outscored 48-5.

Canada's next match will be a friendly against FIFA No. 74 Austria in Vienna on March 1, 2006.

Luxembourg is 2-89 in its World Cup qualifying history, with wins over Portugal in 1961 and Turkey in 1972.

Canadian coach Frank Yallop did not call in all his top players, electing to rotate them between the Luxembourg game and a 2-1 loss to Spain on Sept. 3.

Forward Tomasz Radzinski (Fulham, England) and midfielder Julian de Guzman (Deportivo la Coruna, Spain) were not summoned after playing in Spain while fullback Paul Stalteri (Spurs, England) was not called in for either game because his wife is expecting.

Goalkeeper Lars Hirschfeld and midfielder Sandro Grande had to pull out of the squad for Wednesday's game through injury.

Still Canada did field veteran striker Dwayne DeRosario, defender Kevin McKenna and midfielder Jim Brennan.

Forwards Stephen Ademolu and Will Johnson both won their first cap for Canada.

Clinical indeed. But the last time he scored he was dropped :rolleyes:

Yeah, he'll be the most confident player on that bench!

:D

hume: boss?

CL: yes "BOOOOOOOOO" :(

hume: let me on boss, i scored for my country in midweek, im feeling quick, skillfull and very confident.

CL: sorry BOOOOOOOOO, de lumps guna score soon, i can-e do it. Watch and learn BOOOOOOOOO, I can sense the ball hitting him any minute....GOAL 1-0 1-0 what a signing...

comentator: well thats goal number 9 for de lump, the ball just crashed against his head and ended up amazingly in the burnley net, astonishing stuff here. What did you make of that, andy?

andy gray: welllll (sips whiskey) it was a clarsic, a peach of a goal, the buall was gowin nowhare, minding its own buisiness like, de lump just got in the way, and wellll, the rest is history.

CL: thats why your not getting on BOOOOOOOOOO

Fantasy football hey...

maybe craig being from scotland thinka we dont want him to play as he thinks we're chanting boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not hhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D:ph34r:

Yeah its all Cobbos fault

hume: let me on boss, i scored for my country in midweek, im feeling quick, skillfull and very confident.

CL: sorry BOOOOOOOOO, de lumps guna score soon, i can-e do it. Watch and learn BOOOOOOOOO, I can sense the ball hitting him any minute....GOAL 1-0 1-0 what a signing...

comentator: well thats goal number 9 for de lump, the ball just crashed against his head and ended up amazingly in the burnley net, astonishing stuff here. What did you make of that, andy?

andy gray: welllll (sips whiskey) it was a clarsic, a peach of a goal, the buall was gowin nowhare, minding its own buisiness like, de lump just got in the way, and wellll, the rest is history.

Fantasy football hey...

:D more MORE

I'd still like to see Levein give one of the genuine strikers from the reserves a go (Chambers would be my choice) and use Hume in the hole. There is NOTHING to lose seeing as Hammond hardly ever scores anyway and much to gain if it adds a bit of interest to the next game.

Indeed if Hammond were sub to a teenager it may be just the lift he needs to make his point from the bench. Wicked psychology really. Mind you I'm convinced Chambers would score. He's just the sort that would in his first full match.

What would you do if Chambers (who incidently is ineligable to play league games because of his age) fails to score...destroy him too? Give him the current Hammond treatment? What a great idea! :rolleyes:

Don't pin your hopes on a boy. Give him time to grow into the role. Play him too early and the boo boys could destroy a very promising prospect

Fantasy football hey...

de Vries might be crap but if he hadn't been playing this season and you took the 8 goals away then we'd be in the bottom 3 and out of the cup. Happy days!

Hume isn't behind Elvis in the pecking order, but Levein rotates them when neither of them score. It is time for Levein to give Hume the backing and a number of games though to get settles in the team. I'm afraid that unless your one of Levein's favourites you have to hit the ground running and get off to a good start otherwise you'll be in and out of the team. Hume will come good though, he's the only one who looks like scoring at the minute.

What would you do if Chambers (who incidently is ineligable to play league games because of his age) fails to score...destroy him too? Give him the current Hammond treatment? What a great idea! :rolleyes:

Don't pin your hopes on a boy. Give him time to grow into the role. Play him too early and the boo boys could destroy a very promising prospect

According to Steven he is not inelligible because the age ruling has not been implemented yet. It would be nice if the club confirmed the truth.

I don't think that:

a) That Chambers would fail from what I've seen cos he hasn't made a habit of failing up to now (as Hammond mostly has which is a pity) or that

b) That would become a victim of the boo boys because the fans well know that he is a youngster having to learn and because I don't think Levein would expose him for the length of time likely to get him bood (if he was not doing well). There'd been very little booing of City players this season.

Hammond has been given an unusually extended opportunity because Levein clearly has faith in him and it is only recently that the fans (who have otherwise been very supportive of him) have started to become impatient for some end product.

For what it's worth I still hope Hammond comes good but City cannot continue scoring so few goals.

PS: you asked the perfectly reasonable question of what I'd do if Chambers failed to score goals.

First I'd tell him he was having six games either on the bench or otherwise - sufficient to make him feel a genuine part of the squad, genuinely valued and to let him know he wasn't going to be judged on one or two unconvincing games.

Secondly I'd make sure he had sufficient time to make an impression when he did come on. And if circumstances prevented him getting on at all or for too short a time, I'd extend his guaranteed place on the bench accordingly - and tell him so.

If, after the six games he had shown himself to be "not ready" or lacking in some particular way I would return him to the Reserves to develop those failings (having told him beforehand that this would be the case and, probably, the most likely scenario) and I would let him know when I intended to put him back on the bench.

In so doing all this I would find out exactly what level the lad had reached, how desperate my striker situation was or wasn't and I would have protected the boy against potential disappointment.

Archived