Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
001merp

Warsaw Away

13 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Anyone slightly concerned that they’ve made this public given what went on with West Ham in Croatia. 

Probably the rich Middle Ages tourists in the Westin lol 

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Haha 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Hello Folks

I don't want to sound like your mother but foreign travel always worth remembering a few basics, espesh for any young'uns:

1. £5 travel insurance could be the best £5 you ever spent.

2. Don't rely on your phone for everything, if you loose it you will be ****ed: take paper copies of all travel documents, phone numbers of your mates, the consulate, the airline, the Covid helpline etc. If all goes to shit having those things will keep your head in the game.

3. Have hard currency, always, and plenty of it. Doesn't have to be local, just something exchangeable. Keep most of it separate from your wallet, so again if it goes to shit and you've lost your wallet and your phone, you can get to the airport still, buy a flight, and enjoy a sandwich.

4. Have a photocopy of your passport, it wont replace it, but will speed up emergency travel documents via the consulate if you loose your passport, (I've always carried a pair of passport photos too).

5. Local adapter for plugs, not all hotels have USB charging.

6. Take Paracetamol from home.. I've bought some funny stuff in the past thinking it was painkillers...

7. May be worth telling your bank cards that you are going abroad. Especially if for whatever reason you start pulling a lot of cash out of cash machines late at night (see below).

7. If two girls take you to a bar and order a bottle of champagne, you are being set up for a shakedown (see above!).

Apologies for stating the basics.

Have fun, see you there.

British Embassy Warsaw - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Coronavirus - Poland travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Local laws and customs - Poland travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

34 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Hello Folks

I don't want to sound like your mother but foreign travel always worth remembering a few basics, espesh for any young'uns:

1. £5 travel insurance could be the best £5 you ever spent.

2. Don't rely on your phone for everything, if you loose it you will be ****ed: take paper copies of all travel documents, phone numbers of your mates, the consulate, the airline, the Covid helpline etc. If all goes to shit having those things will keep your head in the game.

3. Have hard currency, always, and plenty of it. Doesn't have to be local, just something exchangeable. Keep most of it separate from your wallet, so again if it goes to shit and you've lost your wallet and your phone, you can get to the airport still, buy a flight, and enjoy a sandwich.

4. Have a photocopy of your passport, it wont replace it, but will speed up emergency travel documents via the consulate if you loose your passport, (I've always carried a pair of passport photos too).

5. Local adapter for plugs, not all hotels have USB charging.

6. Take Paracetamol from home.. I've bought some funny stuff in the past thinking it was painkillers...

7. May be worth telling your bank cards that you are going abroad. Especially if for whatever reason you start pulling a lot of cash out of cash machines late at night (see below).

7. If two girls take you to a bar and order a bottle of champagne, you are being set up for a shakedown (see above!).

Apologies for stating the basics.

Have fun, see you there.

British Embassy Warsaw - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Coronavirus - Poland travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Local laws and customs - Poland travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Not sure about anyone else but I might ignore number 6 for that very reason, will add to the experience.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Exactly, you think they would have put the CET time seeing as for the guys going there that is the time it would kick off.

Yea, its a good point, hopefully the match tickets have to correct time on.

I'm grateful for the extra hour beer time though :beer:

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Exactly, you think they would have put the CET time seeing as for the guys going there that is the time it would kick off.

You expect any different from the ticket office??

At least you'll be there an hour early and not late!

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Are people going to walk from the pub to the ground? 

I was planning to walk to the ground but might depend on where I end up drinking and how many I'm with.

Might also depend if a fan zone / pub is announced but there's no way I'm standing in a field under a gazebo.

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's a fair walk if I am not mistaken. Obviously depending which pub.

I was thinking a taxi/Uber (also avoids any potential mixing with riff raff).

That last part is my thinking. It’s walkable from the town, expected to see something about getting to the stadium but imagine my shock when the club haven’t mentioned it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

That last part is my thinking. It’s walkable from the town, expected to see something about getting to the stadium but imagine my shock when the club haven’t mentioned it.

Yh I was waiting for some official guidance but taxi is in the back of my head. Also gives a little more time in the pub in theory.