Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
001merp

Warsaw Away

On 25/09/2021 at 10:46, David Oldfields Gate said:

Hello Folks

I don't want to sound like your mother but foreign travel always worth remembering a few basics, espesh for any young'uns:

1. £5 travel insurance could be the best £5 you ever spent.

2. Don't rely on your phone for everything, if you loose it you will be ****ed: take paper copies of all travel documents, phone numbers of your mates, the consulate, the airline, the Covid helpline etc. If all goes to shit having those things will keep your head in the game.

3. Have hard currency, always, and plenty of it. Doesn't have to be local, just something exchangeable. Keep most of it separate from your wallet, so again if it goes to shit and you've lost your wallet and your phone, you can get to the airport still, buy a flight, and enjoy a sandwich.

4. Have a photocopy of your passport, it wont replace it, but will speed up emergency travel documents via the consulate if you loose your passport, (I've always carried a pair of passport photos too).

5. Local adapter for plugs, not all hotels have USB charging.

6. Take Paracetamol from home.. I've bought some funny stuff in the past thinking it was painkillers...

7. May be worth telling your bank cards that you are going abroad. Especially if for whatever reason you start pulling a lot of cash out of cash machines late at night (see below).

7. If two girls take you to a bar and order a bottle of champagne, you are being set up for a shakedown (see above!).

Apologies for stating the basics.

Have fun, see you there.

British Embassy Warsaw - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Coronavirus - Poland travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Local laws and customs - Poland travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

*lose 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Are people going to walk from the pub to the ground? 

Hilariously I've created accounts for the two local electric scooter schemes. I'm reliably informed they will outpace an overzealous mob.

3 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Hilariously I've created accounts for the two local electric scooter schemes. I'm reliably informed they will outpace an overzealous mob.

But is looking like a cnut favourable to having your head kicked in?

Guest David Oldfields Gate
8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

But is looking like a cnut favourable to having your head kicked in?

For me, yes. I'm pathetic at fighting and I'm used to looking silly!

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

245894845_2021-09-27(2).thumb.png.603d06009aa76de2d12517f53f74247c.png

50 minute walk to the stadium though :blush:

**** drinking in an Irish bar.

Looking forward to the local police tweeting about the blokes in full MMA gear approaching this place only going to do a demonstration in the bar.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Love it. Half this thread is shitting it  making public a pre match beer and ticket collection location....the other half openly advertising where they're having a late nightcap and a club sandwich

As far as I'm concerned,  if I wanted to sit in a quiet cafe, scared to go anywhere, I'd have saved my money and watched it at home.

For those wanting to cause trouble, Leicester fans are going to stand out. They know where we are likely to drink, they know where the away end is and they will know how to get to us if they want to.

I know you have to be safe, and mindful,  but if people are scared to leave the hotel, its probably the wrong decision to come in the first place. I wont be wearing colours, but you have to go and have a good time and enjoy the day. That said, people will do that in different ways and I'm not here to judge that.

I can just imagine cafe's filled with people like this pretending their Warsaw locals.

50270_306906784655_2724792_n.jpg.58265a448c48be10fd8a36c21c30db56.jpg

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

As far as I'm concerned,  if I wanted to sit in a quiet cafe, scared to go anywhere, I'd have saved my money and watched it at home.

For those wanting to cause trouble, Leicester fans are going to stand out. They know where we are likely to drink, they know where the away end is and they will know how to get to us if they want to.

I know you have to be safe, and mindful,  but if people are scared to leave the hotel, its probably the wrong decision to come in the first place. I wont be wearing colours, but you have to go and have a good time and enjoy the day. That said, people will do that in different ways and I'm not here to judge that.

I can just imagine cafe's filled with people like this who pretending their Warsaw locals.

Don’t think anyone’s scared tbf, I imagine every one of those going out there will be having a beer and a bit to eat as well as enjoying Warsaw. But there’s a long history of advertised groups of English fans being targeted. Warsaw won’t be like Bruges where we can all get together and go wild together in a safe way 

53 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I can just imagine cafe's filled with people like this pretending their Warsaw locals.

Maybe I'm naive but Poland is a normal society. Lots in common with UK....I ain't gonna mouth off. I'm honoured that my club is playing theirs in an elite tournament. I reckon I'm savvy enough to read a situation and I just reckon carrying yourself like that generally means you'll be OK. 

No.doubt I'll end up like.michael Schumacher now having said all that!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Maybe I'm naive but Poland is a normal society. Lots in common with UK....I ain't gonna mouth off. I'm honoured that my club is playing theirs in an elite tournament. I reckon I'm savvy enough to read a situation and I just reckon carrying yourself like that generally means you'll be OK. 

Agreed. Have been Poland a couple of times. No problems at all although not football related. Certainly feel safer there than somewhere like the US, where in a few areas you end up looking over your shoulder all the time. I'm sure that as long as people behave respectfully there'll be OK. 

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

245894845_2021-09-27(2).thumb.png.603d06009aa76de2d12517f53f74247c.png

50 minute walk to the stadium though :blush:

Saw this on Twitter earlier.

So basically, Leicestershire police, on their dedicated football Twitter account, have done a bit of work for us and come up with an Irish bar as a place to drink and a screenshot of Google Maps.

That’ll be us sleep-walking into some LCFC fans taking a beating by some more European ultras then…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Thankfully we are far more accepting of such things as abortion and gay rights.

I’m drifting here cos it’s a country what’s progressed substantially in many ways. The football scene there has become a lot more genetrified post Euros 2012 but Legia will/can still put a few back in their place, particularly if you turn up in the old town singing songs. They will be plenty of flag nabbers as well 

44 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Saw this on Twitter earlier.

So basically, Leicestershire police, on their dedicated football Twitter account, have done a bit of work for us and come up with an Irish bar as a place to drink and a screenshot of Google Maps.

That’ll be us sleep-walking into some LCFC fans taking a beating by some more European ultras then…

Look on the flip side if there's any old bill travelling they may get a slap from some Polish cage fighters lol

Seriously tho. ****ing how British is that mentality, let's go to Poland and find a mock Irish bar ffs

Edited by Bayfox