Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FNQ

Levein Out?

Levein Out?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Levein Out?

• Yes
    • No

On paper atleast, we could put out a promotion challenging championship team, and another that could stay up.

The sad truth is that we are a very poor side at the minute. The buck stops with the manager.

I have stopped listening to local radio when I leave away games now as I am fed up with hearing the local pundits saying how poor we are. They're right.

Come on! this is his team now he can have no excuses!

We are a very poor team in a very poor league!

He bought Hammond in to 'Score Goals' 1 Goal ever! isn't really that good is it ?

He's had a go at Johansen almost if not blaming him for Saturday. Thats bad management!

If Levein loses tonight he should leave the club. It's far too big for him!

Ok, so if this is now indeed his team, how long do we give him to produce performances/results?

No, florest are a very poor team in a very poor league!

Hammond would most likely score for chelsea because of the service, doesnt make him good ne bad does it.

If craigs approach to positive attacking play starts improving, players like hammond WILL score.

I wouldnt be atall surprised if craigs had a we word with johanson, something along the lines of "im guna say your were poor v burnley (in your wrong position), but dont take it too personally cos i still think your a quality CB", just so he can play someone else at LB and not look like hes pandering to us.

If you`ve got the attitude that its his last game if we lose, PLEASE DONT GO.

I wouldnt be atall surprised if craigs had a we word with johanson, something along the lines of "im guna say your were poor v burnley (in your wrong position), but dont take it too personally cos i still think your a quality CB", just so he can play someone else at LB and not look like hes pandering to us.

Really? Nothing to do with telling RL that he thought Johansson was shocking? Of course then the player won't take it personally, will he.

No matter how crap a player is, the manager should never criticise him in public.

Ok, so if this is now indeed his team, how long do we give him to produce performances/results?

No, florest are a very poor team in a very poor league!

Hammond would most likely score for chelsea because of the service, doesnt make him good ne bad does it.

If craigs approach to positive attacking play starts improving, players like hammond WILL score.

If you`ve got the attitude that its his last game if we lose, PLEASE DONT GO.

Good point!!! City as a attacking force have been dire, let's hope CL lives upto his word and get city attacking as team and get more goals. He has a good chance tonite to prove that!!

I would like CL to start looking at himself rather than blaming individuals, he is the manager the buck stops with him!!

Really? Nothing to do with telling RL that he thought Johansson was shocking? Of course then the player won't take it personally, will he.

No matter how crap a player is, the manager should never criticise him in public.

It is time Levein cracked the whip though, whether slating players in public will help at all i'm not sure but I was always under the impression that Levein was a disciplinarian and would really fire the players up. But up until now he's been very reserved and at times he has needed to rip in to the players and I hope he has done.

Craig's comments did strike me as strange. You wonder if there's been things happening the the background and if Craig's reacted by responding in public. The problem of course is that it's hard to heal the wounds once things go public. Craig would surely know that though ... which suggests to me that Nils' days at City are numbered.

Craig's comments did strike me as strange. You wonder if there's been things happening the the background and if Craig's reacted by responding in public. The problem of course is that it's hard to heal the wounds once things go public. Craig would surely know that though ... which suggests to me that Nils' days at City are numbered.

But this is at least the third time this season that Levein's chosen to slate an individual player via the media.

This is NOT good management. In fact it looks very much like passing the buck to cover the manager's own mistakes.

These episodes do nothing to dispel the impression that CL is badly out of his depth in English football.

But this is at least the third time this season that Levein's chosen to slate an individual player via the media.

This is NOT good management. In fact it looks very much like passing the buck to cover the manager's own mistakes.

These episodes do nothing to dispel the impression that CL is badly out of his depth in English football.

Manager's like Brian Clough could be scathing in public but with his achievements they'd accept he'd walked on water if he said so.

Generally though I can't see how it helps team spirit... but Craig has been known to let rip and I imagine when Burnley scored he knew there'd be flak.

There is an important distinction. Clough knew how to motivate players. Levein doesn't.

It's notable that top Premiership bosses (Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho) NEVER use the media to air disputes with their players. They sort issues out in-house and face to face.

They obviously feel that's the way to get the best out of their players.

And their records of success show that this approach works!

There is an important distinction. Clough knew how to motivate players. Levein doesn't.

It's notable that top Premiership bosses (Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho) NEVER use the media to air disputes with their players. They sort issues out in-house and face to face.

They obviously feel that's the way to get the best out of their players.

And their records of success show that this approach works!

Not many managers DO go down the public route - but Mourinho isn't averse and has been absolutely scathing at times about players who have offended him.

I don' think Nissa is at all good player, I feel heavily for him over this though and I am appauled by Levein.

Don't get me wrong I dont mind him slating players if he has good reason

But when he comes out and slates a player that HE has been playing out of postion, and blames him for playing poorly, which is hardly suprising considering HE'S NOT A LEFT BACK, I draw the line. Its his managerial cock up that has caused the problem!!!

But if craig tells johanson (who is a strong minded dude), that hes going to say this....and nisse says its ok?

Im not saying it has happened, but it could`ve considering what craig DID.

Archived