Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Napoli (A)

31 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Did the corporate attendees have to go without toilets, food or drink? 

The people who make money from this are taking the ****ing piss out of real fans. 

I seriously don't know why we still do it. 

Treated like shit over and over again. 

Not sure what you were getting at but I’m don’t think there was a luxury coach option if that’s what you mean.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Here was the kiosk in the concourse 

Sold the following

Bottled water

Pepsi

M&Ms

Dry sandwiches

Cash only

😂

C3BBCCF8-7228-4DC4-B383-26CB346C7AA0.jpeg

I tell you that isn’t the worse I’ve seen in Italy. 

A lot would be shocked at how rundown the San Siro is and the away end at Genoa/Samp, it looks like a prison (no joke - the kiosk is like the tiniest gap in a wall)

21 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I've always felt the facilities at English grounds are too much. 

Our stands start emptying 10 minutes before the end of the half and it looks horrific. 

Doesnt happen in Europe as they are there for the football and the facilities aren't there to cater for it. 

Agree with that.

The contrast is still amusing though 

22 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I've always felt the facilities at English grounds are too much. 

Our stands start emptying 10 minutes before the end of the half and it looks horrific. 

Doesnt happen in Europe as they are there for the football and the facilities aren't there to cater for it. 

Warsaw was seriously smart and I think the catering staff (female students) were taken aback by how decent people were despite no beer 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, davieG said:

Leicester City to submit complaint to UEFA after Napoli clash
Many of the 600 travelling fans missed some of the game after the shuttle buses arrived to the stadium late.

COMMENTS
ByJordan Blackwell
16:12, 10 DEC 2021

Leicester City are to lodge a complaint to Uefa over the treatment of their fans in Naples.

Around 600 City supporters travelled to the Italian city for Thursday night’s Europa League clash, but many missed the part of the game because of issues with shuttle buses.

Italian authorities mandated that City supporters took one of three shuttle buses, organised by Naples police, to Stadio Diego Armando Maradona.

But City supporters were taken the wrong way, and many missed the start of the game, with the third and final shuttle bus not arriving until half an hour into the fixture, after three goals had been scored.

City are understood to be extremely disappointed by the situation, especially given the lengths to which fans went to get to the game amid considerable Covid restrictions.

Given the treatment of fans, City are to submit a complaint with Uefa in the hope of at least an explanation for the events that led to supporters missing the match.

City only discovered the specific venue from which they could distribute tickets on the morning of the game, but managed to get them to fans by 4pm, nearly three hours before kick-off.

Still, the shuttle buses turned up too late, and then went wrong the way to the dismay of City supporters on board.

After City’s defeat to Napoli, the players and staff went over to applaud those who had travelled, with Brendan Rodgers showing sympathy to those that had made the effort to get to Naples, where they had not only negotiated Covid restrictions and the debacle over shuttle buses, but travel costs and thunderstorms.

“It was hard enough for us to get to here, with how we travelled and the weather and everything,” Rodgers said.

“For them to be here, I’m absolutely devastated for them.

“They have followed us in Europe and given us great support. For us to not to get the result tonight for them, that’s hard for us.”

Many lies in here and it seems the club is trying to push all the blame on the police. 

My 4th trip to that stadium and we always take that route,however that was the worst I’ve ever seen and with my last 3 games a 8.45/9pm kick off we had only 45-60minutes travel time.

Fans collecting tickets at home could’ve save a lot of people time and stress and with the police learning from their mistakes on Thursday I also hope the club does too.

We ‘CityLightsTours’ will also write an official complaint to both UEFA and Italian authorities as we were in contact everyday with Napoli SSC and the police warning them both a 6.45 time will leave us stuck in rush hour. They were convinced of there decisions and obviously had no plan B

11 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Did the corporate attendees have to go without toilets, food or drink? 

The people who make money from this are taking the ****ing piss out of real fans. 

I seriously don't know why we still do it. 

Treated like shit over and over again. 

Woking all day I hope they got atleast a slice of pizza.

They were standing outside the entrance of the stadium in the pissing of rain until 7.20/7.25 with no shelter getting tons of undeserved abuse by fans arriving late, tired and upset. Couldn’t believe some of the stuff I heard and totally uncalled for as the traffic and 2.5/3hr journey was totally out of their control!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I tell you that isn’t the worse I’ve seen in Italy. 

A lot would be shocked at how rundown the San Siro is and the away end at Genoa/Samp, it looks like a prison (no joke - the kiosk is like the tiniest gap in a wall)

This is what I said, the most disappointing thing about the San Siro is the amazing pillars have equally as shit tuck shops in them.

Last time I was in Bergamo it was very similar.

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve provided my feedback to the club anyway. The worst part for me was the drop off after the game which was so dangerous and unnecessary.

The prospect of being dropped off at a known location in the dark without sufficient transport options for everyone to get away to their final destination was why I went for the Rome day trip.

There has to be a better way, it adds so much risk.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve provided my feedback to the club anyway. The worst part for me was the drop off after the game which was so dangerous and unnecessary.

Our hotel was the Smart Hotel above the ticket collection point.

The police refused us to go inside at one point as they didn’t realise there was a hotel there 😂

17 hours ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

Glad the club are following this up. Take the point made by ppl, we were all going into this with our eyes open expecting the journey to take a while even though it’s not far etc. 

However having to stand on a bus with no windows for ventilation or toilets for over 3 hours isn’t really on. People were having to piss into bottles and many older fans were struggling on the bus then in the stadium due to only one toilet block being open and literally a school table selling a couple of objects which straight away had a huge queue. So many didn’t have access fo water or food for the majority of the day.  

More should be done to ensure a general basic level of quality of service is provided by clubs/police authorities. 

Don’t regret going, had great time in Naples managed to see lots of interesting sites, ate a ton of lovely food, met some friendly locals but I’m never getting on a bus again. Bus w@nkers

Yeah, the refreshments kiosk definitely brought to mind a school tuck shop! I got there at 2-0 down, desperate for something to drink after the near three hours on the bus. Went down at half time, huge queue for one little table, cash only. I only had a card on me, so had to stay dehydrated until I got back to my hotel later.

I expected more, with this being a top Serie A club with a big stadium. 
Naples in general seemed a bit third world to me 😆 

F4788A6C-ED0C-4469-83FD-A06CAD0B2545.jpeg.312a15cf9a8302e69fba3d934cda52de.jpeg

Edited by NZ_Foxile

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s only foreign coppers though….

Begs the question as to why they were sent home though. Doesn't look like they are on their way to the family stand..

Hard to judge too much from a small video that has no back story and portrays only what the person videoing wants it to.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Begs the question as to why they were sent home though. Doesn't look like they are on their way to the family stand..

Hard to judge too much from a small video that has no back story and portrays only what the person videoing wants it to.

Well they were being denying walking to the game. It’s Chesterfield on their way to Grimsby after arriving at the train station. 

This is the second time that the same police force have caused an issue. They were pushing Notts County fans onto trains which were taking some of their support to the wrong destination and something they didn’t have a ticket for. 

I am a firm believer in that if you show respect and understanding, the police will get it back. If they stand on guard being obtuse, then the silly crap gets cut out  

31 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well they were being denying walking to the game. It’s Chesterfield on their way to Grimsby after arriving at the train station. 

This is the second time that the same police force have caused an issue. They were pushing Notts County fans onto trains which were taking some of their support to the wrong destination and something they didn’t have a ticket for. 

I am a firm believer in that if you show respect and understanding, the police will get it back. If they stand on guard being obtuse, then the silly crap gets cut out  

I get where your coming from but I'll reserve judgement.

If the police would have let this group on the train, marching through the town centre, people would be blaming the police for letting them on the train. They stop them, and people moan it's oppressive.

I am somewhere Inbetween.

As for the police showing respect and understanding and getting it back, sadly I don't think that is the case any more. The police are public enemy number one, partially by their own doing, but its become trendy to be anti police.

Only just got back, stayed until today. Wouldn't be rushing to go back tbh, football experience is a pain, Naples is a bit of a dump and Neapolitans are low IQ carb merchants. You have to say the pizza is top notch though, high standards across all the ones we tried.

• Haha 2