Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

LCFC vs Villa (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 1

5 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Ni need to wait mate....if you read my post properly you will note i said "similar facilities and wage structure".....i didnt use the word better...!

And if you read my post properly you’d understand the nuance that I included. There aren’t 10 clubs in EUROPE with the facilities or manager salary that we have. We’ve just been dumped into the third tier of European competition and beaten in recent weeks by teams with half our wage structure, let alone the manager’s. Again, no one here is being unappreciative of where we are. We just want to match the ambitions on the pitch of what the infrastructure looks like. The current manager clearly does not with his comments in recent weeks. We must do better.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KFS said:

And if you read my post properly you’d understand the nuance that I included. There aren’t 10 clubs in EUROPE with the facilities or manager salary that we have. We’ve just been dumped into the third tier of European competition and beaten in recent weeks by teams with half our wage structure, let alone the manager’s. Again, no one here is being unappreciative of where we are. We just want to match the ambitions on the pitch of what the infrastructure looks like. The current manager clearly does not with his comments in recent weeks. We must do better.

I have no issue with anyone who wants us to be better.......every fan wants that for their team.

But knee-jerk decisions are never part of successful strategic planning and if a club wants to continue progressing, they need to avoid making short-term decisions.

LCFCs training complex is without doubt best in class primarily because it is the most recent. The next big club to rebuild their training facilities will doubtless use LCFC as a template in the same way we used Tottenham's and Chelsea's.  

I know nothing about managers salaries (& i dont really care!) but i do know the following 12 clubs have outstanding training ground and stadium facilities.....but they were built several years ago before the latest advancements that is now incorporated into LCFCs Seagrave facility...

Man City, Tottenham, Chelsea,  Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, (and Everton?)

Bayern Munich, PSG, Real Madrid, AC Milan & Barcelona

I would be genuinely interested to know how the salaries of the respective managers of those clubs compare Vs Rodgers as i suspect they would be in a very "similar" bracket?

Edited by Foxy-Lady

2 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

I have no issue with anyone who wants us to be better.......every fan wants that for their team.

But knee-jerk decisions are never part of successful strategic planning and if a club wants to continue progressing, they need to avoid making short-term decisions.

LCFCs training complex is without doubt best in class primarily because it is the most recent. The next big club to rebuild their training facilities will doubtless use LCFC as a template in the same way we used Tottenham's and Chelsea's.  

I know nothing about managers salaries (& i dont really care!) but i do know the following 12 clubs have outstanding training ground and stadium facilities.....but they were built several years ago before the latest advancements.

Man City, Tottenham, Chelsea,  Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, (and Everton?)

Bayern Munich, PSG, Real Madrid, AC Milan & Barcelona

I would be genuinely interested to know how the salaries of the respective managers of those clubs compare Vs Rodgers as i suspect they would be in a very "similar" bracket?

Right so now you’ve stated all of the above, can we bin off the ‘we used to be in league 1’ chat as that’s what I and many others have highlighted in your post is a cold take from members of our fan base?

14 minutes ago, KFS said:

Right so now you’ve stated all of the above, can we bin off the ‘we used to be in league 1’ chat as that’s what I and many others have highlighted in your post is a cold take from members of our fan base?

I think you'll find i never actually said that so perhaps you can stick to facts rather your emotional ranting?

Anyhow, back to FACTS......i see you've not answered the point i asked about Rodgers salary Vs the other 10 Top club in Europe with similar facilities that you said i wouldn't be able to name...?!?

3 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

I think you'll find i never actually said that so perhaps you can stick to facts rather your emotional ranting?

Anyhow, back to FACTS......i see you've not answered the point i asked about Rodgers salary Vs the other 10 Top club in Europe with similar facilities that you said i wouldn't be able to name...?!?

Think you’ve got your roles reversed here on emotional ranting vs facts. 

How can you answer a point? I can answer a question if you have one.

57 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Im not qualified to tell you how Rodgers can turn this around....if i was i would put my name forward for manager.

What i can tell you is that managers can and do turn things around and Klopp is a great example.

Less than 5 years ago the 5-Live football phone in lines were jammed with Liverpool fans screaming for Klopps head at a time when LFC were struggling.  If you dont think managers can turn things round, maybe you can tell me How Klopp managed to do that?   

Klopp was at the start of his tenure, unlike Rodgers is here. 

The longer he’s here, the worse we get.

And that’s a trademark of his throughout his career really. 

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

You see him throughout the game, clapping and taking notes, and he just looks completely lost. It's like he's just winging this whole management role and he's been found out.

....he probably knows he has a ceiling and hopes he will find the answer to breakthrough to the top clubs, in time!!!

I think if you could give him a squad of young inexperience players, he will have them playing at the best of their abilities. He can influence and convince a player of their worth and this will last for a period of time. But after a couple of seasons, you have heard it all and you are not so in awe of him and notice that his keen interest in you is what he does for everyone else.

I have previously stated, he needs someone to come in to his back room to support him, but now I believe a mentor is what he needs, someone he will be in awe of,  that he could listen to, as it seems like he is not learning from anyone else.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KFS said:

Think you’ve got your roles reversed here on emotional ranting vs facts. 

How can you answer a point? I can answer a question if you have one.

Nothing emotional about my points are use of language.

The point i asked quite clearly that you didnt answer was.......how does Rodgers salary compare to the managers of the managers of the 12 teams that you stated "There aren’t 10 clubs in EUROPE with the.... manager salary that we have.?" 

12 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Klopp was at the start of his tenure, unlike Rodgers is here. 

The longer he’s here, the worse we get.

And that’s a trademark of his throughout his career really. 

very valid points...!   

But the fans lack of patience for Klopp was based on him not turning things round fast enough and showing no signs of progress at that time.....which we all know now clearly lacked any judgement or foresight.....unlike the clubs owners. 

12 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he probably knows he has a ceiling and hopes he will find the answer to breakthrough to the top clubs, in time!!!

I think if you could give him a squad of young inexperience players, he will have them playing at the best of their abilities. He can influence and convince a player of their worth and this will last for a period of time. But after a couple of seasons, you have heard it all and you are not so in awe of him and notice that his keen interest in you is what he does for everyone else.

I have previously stated, he needs someone to come in to his back room to support him, but now I believe a mentor is what he needs, someone he will be in awe of,  that he could listen to, as it seems like he is not learning from anyone else.

He cant be fixed.   Managers never change. They host keep digging