Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

LCFC vs Villa (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 1

On 05/12/2021 at 18:27, RoboFox said:

Fail to qualify for the next stage of the Europa League and the manager can go.

I've about reached the end of my tether with this.

wow...!  

Don't know how old you are but its a good job you weren't standing alongside us 15-20 years ago when we were really dogs**t and Europe was just somewhere we all went for our holidays as you would have been throwing yourself off a tall building....! 

10 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

wow...!  

Don't know how old you are but its a good job you weren't standing alongside us 15-20 years ago when we were really dogs**t and Europe was just somewhere we all went for our holidays as you would have been throwing yourself off a tall building....! 

Ahh I remember the glory days when our team was littered with international talent and some of the best young players in Europe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Ball comes towards KDH, who gets there first and then as he goes to continue running his foot is stood on. 

How's it any different to the one Ndidi conceded vs Watford? How is this example not a 'stone wall' penalty? 

wilf kicked against Dennis’ leg and most importantly, the ref gave it.  Var will not overturn 

55 minutes ago, hejammy said:

No way! you would get close to 100% if they were all neutral. Why not go down that route? A lot of other sports are like that? It's not being re-refereed, it's being refereed properly! Most decisions are black and white, look at the rules of the game and if the offense goes against the rules then that's that. The grey area calls can be left to the ref (which are very few and far between, Like the "stamp" in yestedays game, Godfrey was looking away when he did it but there is no way of knowing if it was still intentional or not) 

You absolutely wouldn’t 

I reckon there would be a good 30% in here that didn’t think it was a pen at the time …. Was there enough contact to go down?  Very doubtful ……

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

wilf kicked against Dennis’ leg and most importantly, the ref gave it.  Var will not overturn 

You absolutely wouldn’t 

I reckon there would be a good 30% in here that didn’t think it was a pen at the time …. Was there enough contact to go down?  Very doubtful ……

Ok so out of all the Leicester fans on here, you think 30% will say it wasn't a penalty? I honestly have not even seen one poster who thinks it wasn't?

Edited by hejammy

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Ok so out of all the Leicester fans on here, you think 30% will say it wasn't a penalty? I honestly have not even seen one poster who thinks it wasn't?

I didn’t think it was a pen based on this season’s guidance 

if the ref makes a call that it is then the var won’t over rule it 

the point that needs to keep being re iterated is that VAR is not re refereeing the game - it’s only there for cast iron errors either way ….. once you start re refereeing then it’s a slippery slope to games lasting three hours and supporters not wanting to be in stadiums because it’s a complete nonsense  

17 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I dont think it was. It didn't affect him at all and he absolutely milked the contact. I don't think VAR would have disagreed either way though

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

wow...!  

And around that same time (2006/07 season) Man City finished 14th.

Times change, things move on, maybe you should too.

We have a state of the art new training facility, the funding and infrastructure from a recent title win, a 'world renowned' manager, a squad filled with international players, wealthy owners etc etc ....

How long do you justify substandard performances with 'We were worse when....." rubbish.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 3

The football is poor at the moment, but Brendan is by far the best manager we’ve had since O’Neil. If we sack Brendan we’ll be back on the new manager hunt for the next few years and I can’t see it helping us at all.

I get annoyed by Bren’s treatment of Kel and some of his post match nonsense, but overall I still feel we have a great manager who tries to play attacking football and we should stick with him until our form picks up again. The defence is a big worry, but I think that will be better when we get players back (investment is needed in summer though).

Unfortunately, with players getting injured and/or losing form; absences due to the Afcon; and Vardy, Marc, Kasper getting older - I think this season will be a write-off. However, I’d like to see Brendan given a bit of a war chest when Youri is sold and hopefully we can start to put together a new squad to challenge at the top of the table.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

Anyone else just want to fast forward to season 2022/23 as seemingly this one is a bit of a write off?

... if we do not resolve the problems we have right now, we take them into the next season!!!

So, do we then spend the majority of next season finding out what has gone wrong and what we need to do to fix it.

19 hours ago, hejammy said:

Anyone else just want to fast forward to season 2022/23 as seemingly this one is a bit of a write off?

Tbh it’s been the case for the last 4 seasons, albeit the previous 2 the feeling has come post January before we’ve decided to put our feet up but it’s like Groundhog Day and not as simple as fast forwarding to the next season, issues need fixing whatever they are or we’ll see a continuation as we are seeing this season, probably worse.

17 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... if we do not resolve the problems we have right now, we take them into the next season!!!

So, do we then spend the majority of next season finding out what has gone wrong and what we need to do to fix it.

I agree with your post however the bit in bold - chance of doing that this season would be a fine thing, trying something different and learning.

On 07/12/2021 at 12:16, st albans fox said:

You absolutely wouldn’t 

....you don't have to go down in order for a penalty to be given!!!

The problem is sometimes it needs to be brought to the referees attention that a foul has been committed. It also opens the door to "simulation ".

On 07/12/2021 at 12:03, KFS said:

Ah yes another denigrating ‘have perspective post’. The thing is, a lot of us were there during the times you mentioned. We also didn’t have the facilities, the squad we have or one of the highest paid managers in world football that we do now. People wanting to be successful with the setup we have aren’t ungrateful. They want the best for their football team and I 100% agree with them. 

Can we bin this shit cold take off as a fan base please? It’s so small time.

Sorry mate....i forgot how big time you now all are. My mistake...!

has it ever occured to you that as fantastic as LCFCs new facilities are and as much money as they pay their manager and players, there are probably 10 other teams with similar facilities and wage structures in the PL that may also consider themselves to be "big time" also.....most of whom haven't won a trophy in our lifetimes...?

Pretentions to class yourself as "big time" is probably part of the reason why folk on this forum lose perspective so quickly and slag off players/managers as soon as things arent going the way they now "expect" them to.

I have no issue with people wanting us to be successful......but we are NOT the only club striving for that.........and knee-jerk decisions are NEVER part of a successful strategic decision making process.

On 07/12/2021 at 13:18, adejo92 said:

And around that same time (2006/07 season) Man City finished 14th.

Times change, things move on, maybe you should too.

We have a state of the art new training facility, the funding and infrastructure from a recent title win, a 'world renowned' manager, a squad filled with international players, wealthy owners etc etc ....

How long do you justify substandard performances with 'We were worse when....." rubbish.

No worries mate.

I'll keep my perspective and thoughts to myself ......but you just make sure you get back to me when either Rodgers turns it around or we get a new manager in and he proves to be even worse...?

(PS   you dont happen to be one of the thousands of fans who wanted MON sacked shortly after he first joined us do you as i have NEVER to this day met anyone who has owned up to being part of that campaign....even though thousands actually were???  If only they had got their way and we had got Peter Taylor in a few years earlier...imagine how fantastic those lost years would have been for us all?!?) 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

No worries mate.

I'll keep my perspective and thoughts to myself ......but you just make sure you get back to me when either Rodgers turns it around or we get a new manager in and he proves to be even worse...?

(PS   you dont happen to be one of the thousands of fans who wanted MON sacked shortly after he first joined us do you as i have NEVER to this day met anyone who has owned up to being part of that campaign....even though thousands actually were???  If only they had got their way and we had got Peter Taylor in a few years earlier...imagine how fantastic those lost years would have been for us all?!?) 

That's simply not true about wanting MON sacked, a few hundred stayed behind in the KOP and my friend was one of the 5 chosen fans who got chosen to talk to O'Neil in the boardroom. He and all the other fans made it clear to MON the protest was about lack of funds for the club and not aimed at O'Neil. 

Since then the story has been embellished and exaggerated to make to out to be against O'Neil. Which even the great man himself retold it to his advantage when ever under pressure. 

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Sorry mate....i forgot how big time you now all are. My mistake...!

has it ever occured to you that as fantastic as LCFCs new facilities are and as much money as they pay their manager and players, there are probably 10 other teams with similar facilities and wage structures in the PL that may also consider themselves to be "big time" also.....most of whom haven't won a trophy in our lifetimes...?

Pretentions to class yourself as "big time" is probably part of the reason why folk on this forum lose perspective so quickly and slag off players/managers as soon as things arent going the way they now "expect" them to.

I have no issue with people wanting us to be successful......but we are NOT the only club striving for that.........and knee-jerk decisions are NEVER part of a successful strategic decision making process.

Name 10 clubs in Europe with better facilities and a higher paid manager. I’ll wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

No worries mate.

How’s Rodgers turning this around when he’s been unable to for over a year?

Ill make sure to get back to you when Kermit The Frog turns up and sorts us out, because he’s got more chance than Bodgers 

• Like 1

On 07/12/2021 at 12:03, KFS said:

Ah yes another denigrating ‘have perspective post’. The thing is, a lot of us were there during the times you mentioned. We also didn’t have the facilities, the squad we have or one of the highest paid managers in world football that we do now. People wanting to be successful with the setup we have aren’t ungrateful. They want the best for their football team and I 100% agree with them. 

Can we bin this shit cold take off as a fan base please? It’s so small time.

We should pin this post. And the irony is that perspective is all important to this thinking as too many people look back on us a the yo-yo club we were, when the reality is we're one of the better teams in the league and one most others would consider an 'established' prem club.

Majority of us will support Leicester as much as we always have done regardless of whatever level we're at but we had, and still do have a chance to change the narrative of this club for many years so it's depressing to see that being squandered.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

No worries mate.

Feel free to share your perspective and thoughts, it's a forum designed for such.

The flip side is that when people don't agree, things get challenged.

As for the MON accusation,  no I wasn't one of those.

I just think that Rodgers has come unstuck now and his baffling decisions, to which he mostly got the benefit of the doubt, are more stand out now. Football is a cruel game, when the players don't perform, it's the manager who takes the brunt and the manager who gets paid the mega money to fix it. Rodgers clearly can't fix this, so he has to go.

Even if Rodgers turns this season around, it will be the third season whereby a collapse has happened. Twice at the end of the season and now at the start.

I just don't think he is a long term solution for this club, and you can only live off of the FA Cup success for so long.

You see him throughout the game, clapping and taking notes, and he just looks completely lost. It's like he's just winging this whole management role and he's been found out.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KFS said:

Name 10 clubs in Europe with better facilities and a higher paid manager. I’ll wait.

Ni need to wait mate....if you read my post properly you will note i said "similar facilities and wage structure".....i didnt use the word better...!

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

How’s Rodgers turning this around when he’s been unable to for over a year?

Ill make sure to get back to you when Kermit The Frog turns up and sorts us out, because he’s got more chance than Bodgers 

Im not qualified to tell you how Rodgers can turn this around....if i was i would put my name forward for manager.

What i can tell you is that managers can and do turn things around and Klopp is a great example.

Less than 5 years ago the 5-Live football phone in lines were jammed with Liverpool fans screaming for Klopps head at a time when LFC were struggling.  If you dont think managers can turn things round, maybe you can tell me How Klopp managed to do that?