Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

LCFC vs Villa (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 1

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What if these players aren't that good?

Soyuncu had a decent first season and that's it. Perhaps he just had a good season and actually he's just an average centre half?

Maybe. I do think nowadays he is our 3rd best centre back. I'd be sad to see him go though. It feels like the Euros failure killed him.

Kaspar...I hate criticizing him, he's a legend and on his day wins us points. But yes, I do think he might need to be dropped for a game or two. It won't happen though.

As for the other two: we know Wilf is good at one thing. He's just not doing it at the moment, for some bizarre reason. I feel like he's just not winning the ball back as regularly as he used to. Surely that has to be a form issue rather than an ability issue? Castagne I like a lot, but he's just not performing at the moment. I think we were spoiled with a prime Ricardo too. We'll never have another right back like the old him, I don't think.

Once they're back and raring to go, we absolutely need to play Thomas - Evans - Fofana - Justin. That might not be until next season though, so doesn't help much now.

Edited by CloudFox

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What if these players aren't that good?

Soyuncu had a decent first season and that's it. Perhaps he just had a good season and actually he's just an average centre half?

He is probably a just above average CD. You only have to see how he plays when he goes on international duty. He needs somebody with experience and authority beside him and a good DM in front. He has neither at the moment so this is probably his level. I still think the defensive coaches could drill the basics into him. That would at least do enough to defend set-peices (including corners).  

The main team are good players. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

There’s a reason Everton, Fulham and his club don’t want him though. He’s the same as Gray was could be a great player but won’t be. 

Yeah I'm under no delusion he'll ever be a great player. The question is, will he be better than who we already have. My love for Albrighton is never fading but for some reason, maybe age, BR doesn't want to play him regularly. Better or worse than Perez? I'm sure people will say Perez is better until the next game he starts then 30 minutes later demand he gets taken off. 

My suspicion is that he wants to model him like Barnes. A fast direct player. Buut in many ways they also have the same deficits to their game. Barnes scores goals so we let it go. Not sure if that helps our actual problems though. 

12 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Maybe. I do think nowadays he is our 3rd best centre back. I'd be sad to see him go though. It feels like the Euros failure killed him.

Kaspar...I hate criticizing him, he's a legend and on his day wins us points. But yes, I do think he might need to be dropped for a game or two. It won't happen though.

As for the other two: we know Wilf is good at one thing. He's just not doing it at the moment, for some bizarre reason. I feel like he's just not winning the ball back as regularly as he used to. Surely that has to be a form issue rather than an ability issue? Castagne I like a lot, but he's just not performing at the moment. I think we were spoiled with a prime Ricardo too. We'll never have another right back like the old him, I don't think.

Once they're back and raring to go, we absolutely need to play Thomas - Evans - Fofana - Justin. That might not be until next season though, so doesn't help much now.

It looks like he's less effective, but Wilf still won 5 tackles today. 

• Thanks 1

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, Kasey Keller said:

I agree Kasper has far too much influence at this club…

And a massive £100k per week for a goalkeeper. Who cam up with that idea?

Guest StevieLynex
15 minutes ago, Bert said:

Where is Bertrand? 

At home trying to get up to speed with Kolo's plan to concede fewer goals at corners. He's only just read the 'zonal marking stays# chapter

I think what galls me most is losing to an inferior team. They were nothing. There was a lad in the middle who not some geat crunching tackles in, Mings with a couple of great headers and the keeper with a great save. 

The others; mcginn, cash, buendia even Watkins wouldn't get on our bench. Fancy losing to that.as souness said, not even any good tactically. Just a 15 minute spell after half time where they upped the tempo. 

Fckers.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
56 minutes ago, sishades said:

What we need is a combination of Puel and Rogers.

Not forgetting Jock Wallace in the dressing room and in training

Meh.

:dunno: 

Whatever.

As i've been saying in the last week - Rinse and repeat, onto the same shit next week, nothings gonna change :yawn: 

The only positive is we're not gonna be the team to gift Newcastle their first win of the season, we'll just gift their 2nd.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

It looks like he's less effective, but Wilf still won 5 tackles today. 

I’d say he also committed 5 fouls and missed a good few tackles.

he reminded me of Junior Lewis for a few minutes today - arms and feet everywhere looking like he’d never seen a football!