Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OxfordshireFox

Worst player to wear the shirt in the Prem Era

4 hours ago, crisp packet said:

Kevin Ellisson 

league 1/2 player at best . In fact still plays at the age of 42 for Newport. 

Special mentions to junior Lewis, Ade Ankinbyi and Trevor Benjamin.

Peter Taylor had a lot to answer for….

Tricky Trev cannot appear on a shit list 

( nor can Barry Hayles or Elvis Hammond) these guys made us what we are today 

9 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Good list . I just don’t remember Charlie Miller. 

What about that fat drunk we got from Man City ( Michael something or other)-perhaps that was between prem seasons 

Miller was on loan from Rangers where he had been playing with Gazza and Laudrup, Champions League etc so expected to be a decent calibre of player. Michael Johnson from man City was here in the Championship 2011/12 season in the Eriksson / start of Pearson era's.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Wonder what Southampton fans make of our current defensive woes...

Given as many as nine teams conceded more than you last season, seeing you ranked 18th for shots allowed so far this season is surprising.

I wasn't remotely concerned about losing Bertrand or Vestergaard - and amused to see you sign two players from our starting lineup in THAT game.
I always thought Bertrand was impossibly lazy, although others around me rated him.
Vestergaard can pass and became less unpopular over time, but defensively he's slow - only any good when parking the bus.
Suspect he got shortlisted after having a blinding game at your place when we somehow clung on after Valery got sent off.
Yan Valery. There's another hopeless Saints defender you're welcome to if you want to complete the hat-trick? 

The worst players ever are not our current problem. The problem is wasted money on useless players who didn't help us and even made us weaker.
Some examples from the last few years in alphabetical order:

bertrandghezzalgraylookmansoumareundervestergaard

Who scouted these guys, who is responsible for them? Those responsible should be sacked, because they have been damaging the club for years

and that is not BR...