Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Christoph

Halo

How isn't there a thread on this game yet?! 

I've been playing online and the gameplay is brilliant. Very responsive and you really have to earn your kills...especially in ranked. 

Single player campaign was released yesterday and it's been pretty decent from what i've played so far. It's a shame coop isn't out yet as I think thats where this game would really shine.

Anyone been playing online? Anyone on ranked? Current rank is on Diamond 2 at the moment. 

A must play, but I'm going to wait until next year when they release the co-op campaign. 

Halo has always been better to play through with a mate on legendary difficulty. 

I was incredible at Halo 3 online back in the day, but my multiplayer days are long gone. I'll probably swerve it. I just can't be arsed. 

Edited by RoboFox

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Can't justify buying an Xbox just for this.  And Horizon.

Can still see myself going the laptop route with this when I get round to getting a decent one so that I can play the odd game or two when a half decent exclusive is released.

Until then, PS5 all the way.

Depending on your internet, the £1 gamepass ultimate and cloud gaming might be worth a try. I live in a field in NW County and Internet is garbage so can't verify how enjoyable the remote experience is. 

If it's shit, it's a quid! 

Played online, loved the gameplay but hate the matchmaking, the fact you don't know what game mode you're going to get is simply not good enough. I'm about 2 hours in to the campaign. The first hour is strange, it's just bland corridors and boring, a really underwhelming start but then you go in to the game proper and it's great. Looks very good, runs smooth as silk, moment to moment gameplay is very good, the grapple hook is great. After getting through the first hour the next hour has been great and hopefully more of the same to come. As for the online they need to sort out the matchmaking, I dont want to play capture the flag and it seems I'm playing it all the time without the option to pick and choose, which makes it really, really bare bones and not really good enough from a flagship console title, just delay it a few months and release a proper game. But saying all that, the way the industry is now, its well above average. Another big plus point for it is that the entire game, online and campaign, is 38gb which is nothing in this day and age. Added to that it's on gamepass, which is by far the best deal in gaming currently on any system, and the console only costs you 250 quid to pack a proper little punch, well worth it 

Edited by Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot
  • Like 1

Saw that they have confirmed the addition of dedicated playlists on Tuesday, for Slayer, Fiesta, Swat and Free For All.

They've apparently been working on something they considered to be a bit more than the basic game types, but given the criticism, are adding the above with their further additions coming in due course. Looking forward to playing some Free For All, and it'll good to be able to just play a few games of Slayer when I'm feeling it. Enjoy the objective based games, but I definitely have to be in the mood for them.

Played a few hours of campaign over the weekend. Loving it so far. Plenty of fun to be had with the approach to missions and the availability of weapons.

Combat feels really satisfying and then enemy types are varied and enjoyable to play against. Could be a good idea for them to add something alike to the old Fire Fight mode at some point. Gameplay seems like it would work well for it, and they even have bosses to throw into the mix.

Edited by samlcfc

On 10/12/2021 at 20:14, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Played online, loved the gameplay but hate the matchmaking, the fact you don't know what game mode you're going to get is simply not good enough. I'm about 2 hours in to the campaign. The first hour is strange, it's just bland corridors and boring, a really underwhelming start but then you go in to the game proper and it's great. Looks very good, runs smooth as silk, moment to moment gameplay is very good, the grapple hook is great. After getting through the first hour the next hour has been great and hopefully more of the same to come. As for the online they need to sort out the matchmaking, I dont want to play capture the flag and it seems I'm playing it all the time without the option to pick and choose, which makes it really, really bare bones and not really good enough from a flagship console title, just delay it a few months and release a proper game. But saying all that, the way the industry is now, its well above average. Another big plus point for it is that the entire game, online and campaign, is 38gb which is nothing in this day and age. Added to that it's on gamepass, which is by far the best deal in gaming currently on any system, and the console only costs you 250 quid to pack a proper little punch, well worth it 

Yes matchmaking is a bit crap at the moment. Can't stand how many stupid oddball and capture the flag games i get on ranked! Apparently they are updating it soon and we should see slayer, swat, fiesta soon. Hopefully separate and not put in the pot with the rest. 

Have been playing the campaign and really enjoying it. Such a shame this isn't coop as you can see how good it would be in coop on legendary with some mates. The campaign has been fun and i like the approach to the missions. It reminds me a little of a Ubisoft game or shadow or mordor. Liberating camps, getting collectibles in the map but I think it works well for it to be honest. I've got the Wasp now so i can just fly to hard to reach collectibles. 

Edited by Christoph

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Thought this would get talked about more in Gaming rather than in a General TV Shows thread…

I will watch it no doubt, however I’m not quite sure what it is but it just seems a bit off to me?

I did read its not going to follow the game story/timeline exclusively, something about different timeline, maybe that's it

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...