Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

PSV Away (Travel Plans) - Thursday 14th April

2 hours ago, PSV fan 1913 said:

Forgot about Strijp-S. It’s a new, modern area rebuild on the exact same spot as the old Philips factories. Some of the buildings on Strijp S are still old factory buildings, all renovated in to apartments or small offices.

Strijp-S is outside the city centre , but walking distance from the stadium (5-10 minutes depending where you are in Strijp-S), and it has a bit of an alternative atmosphere due to a lot of artists, scientists, and free spirited people living/working here. There are some bars, restaurants etc.

But for the best atmosphere you should be in the city centre. Besides the weekends or when PSV has a European game during the week, the city is pretty boring at night. Especially on a Tuesday night there is not much to do. Majority of the bars will be open (especially the Irish pub who will broadcast Champions League, and the ones on the market/station square), but don’t expect a night out you’ll never forget 😉

Thursday will be way better though , as it’s ‘student night’ and of course match day.

Thanks for that , we are staying at the blue collar hotel so maybe will stay in there Tuesday night , then venture into the center on wednesday 

As per the club do information which gives more questions than answers… 

Leicester City supporters are also advised that post-match, a free train service is available at the Eindhoven Stadion Train Station for those who are staying in Amsterdam or need to go there at the end of the game.

Supporters traveling to Amsterdam directly after the fixture are urged not to store any belongings in the locker facilities at Eindhoven Centraal Station, but to take them with them to the stadium instead (fans should also note that the free train service does not return to Eindhoven Centraal – only direct to Amsterdam).

Like how does it work when you leave the ground and get into the Stadion station ?

I’ve got back to Schipnol post match rather than Amsterdam but might take the plunge and then get to Schipnol from there. 

But I’ve just bought the ground train ticket as well!

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Leicester City supporters are also advised that post-match, a free train service is available at the Eindhoven Stadion Train Station for those who are staying in Amsterdam or need to go there at the end of the game.

Supporters traveling to Amsterdam directly after the fixture are urged not to store any belongings in the locker facilities at Eindhoven Centraal Station, but to take them with them to the stadium instead (fans should also note that the free train service does not return to Eindhoven Centraal – only direct to Amsterdam).

Like how does it work when you leave the ground and get into the Stadion station ?

I’ve got back to Schipnol post match rather than Amsterdam but might take the plunge and then get to Schipnol from there. 

At least you now know how to say “I’m from America” in Dutch. Some people want everything 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Let’s hope there’s people to ask or announcements they make. This train helps me out getting back to Amsterdam. Have to factor in poss extra time / pens and also being held back for a while. 

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The stadium station is never used except for when Ajax comes and some foreign away fans. You literally walk trough that ugly tunnel you see above and wait at that station for the train to ams. It’s a chartered train so it will only have Leicester fans and won’t stop anywhere except ams. Just a way of Dutch police trying to prevent trouble after the game. Depending on how result goes it could easily kick off after euro games. Some ‘younger fans’ trying to show off and get some rep let’s say at these kinda games :D  You basically don’t leave the ground into ‘neutral’ area but directly from stadium into the tunnel onto the platform so you don’t get close to the home fans saving the police trouble and you get a free ride :)

I would take the train and take a short hopover to Schiphol after indeed. Just a quick 10min so. 

Edited by PSVWford
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, PSVWford said:

You basically don’t leave the ground into ‘neutral’ area but directly from stadium into the tunnel onto the platform so you don’t get close to the home fans saving the police trouble and you get a free ride :)

I'm stopping at a hotel in Eindhoven, so I'll need to walk. Do you just get shoehorned into the tunnel and onto the train, or can you get out another way?

Thanks

14 minutes ago, C.J said:

I'm stopping at a hotel in Eindhoven, so I'll need to walk. Do you just get shoehorned into the tunnel and onto the train, or can you get out another way?

Thanks

You can just make your own way into the city.

It’s just a offer that they know 30%+ will take up so saves them some trouble. If you don’t stay in Amsterdam can just walk out of the stadium to your hotel. Altho depending on result/circumstances you might be held back in stadium for 15/30 minutes until it gets bit more quiet around the stadium. So be prepared for that :) 

• Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Jiggers the Fox said:

What's the best way to get from Eindhoven Airport to the centre? Looks like a bus but can't work out where to get it from and to?

How can I reach Eindhoven Airport by bus?

The airport shuttlebus 401 or the regular bus 400 will take you from Eindhoven Station to the busterminal next to Eindhoven Airport. The bus trip will take approximately 20 minutes. You take the bus at the northside of the trainstation in Eindhoven. You can depart the bus directly next to the terminal of Eindhoven Airport. Check the actual bus departure times prior to your journey. 

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Don’t forget to fill out your Netherlands declaration form. Club haven’t even bothered to mention it in the supporters guide etc. 

https://www.government.nl/documents/publications/2021/07/20/covid-19-and-flying-health-declaration-form

Fyi

Printing or downloading declaration not always necessary

If you’re flying with KLM, Corendon, TUI, Transavia or easyJet, you will be asked to fill in the health declaration as part of online check-in procedures. So you don’t have to print or download it.

8 minutes ago, LukeFoxes said:

I’m with EasyJet and haven’t been asked to fill in the health declaration as part of online check-in procedures.

May be worth having a printed version anyway 👍

I'm with Easyjet if you look on the EasyJet website there is a section ré forms for the countries they fly to and a link to the site for the forms you need for the Netherlands, it's just the health declaration one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jiggers the Fox said:

What's the best way to get from Eindhoven Airport to the centre? Looks like a bus but can't work out where to get it from and to?

Bus leaves right in front of the (small) airport. Can’t really miss it. There’s a direct one and one that stops at a few stops. Doesn’t really make much of a difference. Both are fine. Wouldn’t bother ever with taxi/Uber as prices are ridiculous in Holland and buses are nice. 

On 09/04/2022 at 08:30, PSV fan 1913 said:

There is a pub right across from the stadium, but that’s home fans only. 

Is that Stadionbar De Aftrap?

Me and my mate are going to head over to the ground on Wednesday for a look around, would it be a no go to head there for a beer even on non matchday? 

22 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Is that Stadionbar De Aftrap?

Me and my mate are going to head over to the ground on Wednesday for a look around, would it be a no go to head there for a beer even on non matchday? 

Yes it is.

You can visit Wednesday , but it wont be open. It’s only open on Match days. And believe me, you don’t want to visit that bar as an away fan. It’s not safe, especially on Thursday when you only speak English.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, C.J said:

Where's the best place to go for people who haven't got a ticket to watch the match? The market Square..?

Leics Police Events said on Twitter earlier that the Irish bar will be showing the game and they suggest sticking around the market square