Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

PSV Away (Travel Plans) - Thursday 14th April

On 18/03/2022 at 15:01, Basingstoke Fox said:

Booked via an agent on Skyscanner who failed to process the order at £80 Now up to £150+.

Could've booked it direct on Ryanair for £10 more at the time. Won't make that mistake again!

Will still go if the price drops enough after a week or two.

Exactly the same thing happened to us.  Got to the bank authorisation stage but the Bank Fraud Alert went ballistic.  I think the third party was edreams or something.  We then tried booking direct with the airlines but by then we were well into the Channel on a ferry and lost the signal.  Booked Manchester to Eindhoven via Schipol the following morning, for around £150.  Lesson learned.  DO NOT select the third party agent - ALWAYS deal withe the carrier.

• Like 2

On 31/03/2022 at 21:44, BroughtonFox said:

We’re on the early flight on the Wednesday morning from Stansted, parking is a bit steep for three days! Has anyone ever used that parking on a driveway site before? Is there any chance of being ripped off because it seems way cheaper :dunno:

There are scammers on these apps who advertise strangers' driveways and the app companies aren't keen to weed them out.  So...just have a plan B in case the householder appears and kicks you off!

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I’m on the easyJet from Manchester to Amsterdam, terminal 1. Going to get there about 3/4 hours before the flight just in case. 

On the 7.05 from Manchester as well so aiming to get there just after 3 just to be safe!

On 21/03/2022 at 12:36, TiffToff88 said:

My uncle cocked up on the booking of our flights - he booked them in a panic in the queue for security at Nantes airport immediately after the draw and only realised yesterday that he booked the wrong dates lol

So now it looks like we might be driving there instead!!

With all the problems with EasyJet and Airports, this now looks like it's been a blessing in disguise :D

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

With all the problems with EasyJet and Airports, this now looks like it's been a blessing in disguise :D

Hi TiffToff, cheeky request here. I don't suppose you have space in the car for one more do you? I was about to pull the trigger on some bus tickets but the journey takes AGES.

Obviously happy to throw some money your way for petrol/tunnel/other expenses.

8 minutes ago, Burgess Hill Fox said:

Hi TiffToff, cheeky request here. I don't suppose you have space in the car for one more do you? I was about to pull the trigger on some bus tickets but the journey takes AGES.

Obviously happy to throw some money your way for petrol/tunnel/other expenses.

Unfortunately no, we have a car full already

6 hours ago, Devohn said:

I haven't received my voucher yet, has anyone got theirs? Been having some problems recently with my post getting lost/sent to the wrong person so being overly cautious about this one.

I won't get my voucher as we are heading off on holiday today, returning to the UK and then flying off the same day from London to Eindhoven.

The club said just to email them the day before, and I will be put on a list of people who don't have any vouchers. As long as you have your passport, then there won't be any problem getting the ticket in Eindhoven.

Guest David Oldfields Gate
7 hours ago, Devohn said:

I haven't received my voucher yet, has anyone got theirs? Been having some problems recently with my post getting lost/sent to the wrong person so being overly cautious about this one.

Nope.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

EasyJet from Manchester Airport.

dreading this lol 

Flew from Manchester this weekend - buy the fast pass for security! Other people were queueing for around 3 hours, we were through the whole thing in less than an hour.

Fast pass is about a fiver and well worth it.

Maybe have a think about booking an airport lounge if you think you'll be ok for time/ money - endless food and drink included in the cost - went in the escape lounge on Saturday and was well impressed.

We booked a driveway to park on around 20 minutes walk from the airport too, a fraction of the cost of parking at the airport. Let me know if you'd like suggestions etc 👍

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, SchmalleyBoots said:

I was on the 19:20 but they then moved me to the half 3 one. I have since moved it again to the later in the evening one as my intention was to spend the day in Amsterdam, it was the only reason I was flying in and out of there.

I’m on that 19:20 flight to MCR from Amsterdam mate. Haven’t received an email regarding cancellation. You think the flight has been removed entirely or perhaps cancelled for some people only? Confusing