Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

PSV Away (Travel Plans) - Thursday 14th April

If you want to know, it’s just got worse. Another thirty minutes delay here. Apparently they only have three dispatchers in the entire airport and the planes are severely delayed across the board. 

I’m due to take off 1hr 30 late as it stands. Unsurprisingly this just falls short of the compensation threshold. Much later, I will have to call off my inspection for work. 

12 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Britain closed for business, holidays, Football trips and any other travel AGAIN.

Infrastructure, we're just rubbish at it.

Cutting corners cost wise at every opportunity to make the company or shareholders money and then underestimating or managing spikes in demand.

Carry On Britain:D

So true. When you land at Heathrow from so many other airports, including in the third world, you do wonder if you’ve just arrived at a third world country 

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

So true. When you land at Heathrow from so many other airports, including in the third world, you do wonder if you’ve just arrived at a third world country 

Exactly this

I spent 4 months travelling around Central America (Belize, Panama, Guatemala etc)  and arriving back at Heathrow was like stepping into a massive infrastructure project that was ran by a group of 4 year old children for an experiment. 

Every European away I go to I am so jealous of how things just work better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suffolk fox said:

Feel sorry for anyone flying from Manchester for this.  Easyjet cancelling flights big time and scenes at Border Control chaotic due to lack of staff.  Let us hope it gets sorted for next week?

I'm Easy Jet Manchester to AMS. Goes from Terminal 1 which doesn't seem so impacted,  it went this morning. So fingers crossed!

Airports realising that when they treat staff like shit but need them back they remember, imagine my shock.

I heard Ryanair are offering baggage handlers about 25k a year in Ireland to fiz the issue.

2 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Get to the airport early, no problem. 

Better to be hanging about in the departure lounge than the queue for security checks. Have a beer & a scoff, chill.

Happy travels

Not just security what was my problem today. They have a shortage of the airside staff as well. From baggage handlers to dispatchers 

1 hour ago, boots60 said:

Get to the airport early, no problem. 

Better to be hanging about in the departure lounge than the queue for security checks. Have a beer & a scoff, chill.

Happy travels

when you have a 7am flight it's already enough of a shit to get there early. 

• Like 2

On 31/03/2022 at 19:17, PSVWford said:

Some other tips: If you want to see your team leave before the game almost every single away team stays at the 'Pullman cocagne' right in the city centre. Few hours before the game you will see the team bus waiting to pick up the team there. And at the night before they probably will enjoy a fireworks show for free offered by the fans of PSV :D 

Hopefully they park the bus there and use another hotel!

Flying from Manchester to Eindhoven Wednesday afternoon and then back Friday afternoon. Two nights in the Van Der veek (or whatever it's called) hotel. Didn't really pay too much attention to the price!

23 minutes ago, C.J said:

Hopefully they park the bus there and use another hotel!

Flying from Manchester to Eindhoven Wednesday afternoon and then back Friday afternoon. Two nights in the Van Der veek (or whatever it's called) hotel. Didn't really pay too much attention to the price!

On that flight just trying to work out how to get back

On 31/03/2022 at 16:04, coolcol said:

I might have a return flight that you could buy off me if my son chooses not to go, as he didn't get a ticket ?

Hi. Is this return flight still available? If so, would be happy to buy off you

11 hours ago, TC1884 said:

I'm Easy Jet Manchester to AMS. Goes from Terminal 1 which doesn't seem so impacted,  it went this morning. So fingers crossed!

I missed my flight to Rennes from Manchester term 1. Queueing to get through security for 4.5 hours. It’s an awful airport at the best of times, but it’s absolutely horrendous atm, I would honestly get there minimum 5 hours beforehand from terminal one now. I will be getting to man airport at around 9:30am for a 3:05pm flight to Eindhoven