Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Captain?

Captain  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should be the club's captain?

• Dublin
    • Tiatto
    • Kisnorbo
    • Gudjonsson
    • Nisse
    • McCarthy
    • Gerrbrand
    • Maybury
    • De Vries
    • Hughes
    • Stearman
    • Hume
    • Douglas
    • Sylla
    • Other

I know most people aren't happy wth Kisnorbo being the stand-in captain while Tiatto isn't in the team, so I've decided to make another of these captain polls just to see who the fans think should be leading the team out on a Saturday afternoon. It appeared to work with Maybury last time we did it, as he won the poll and was captain for the next match!

In my opinion, Gerrbrand would be good, he is level headed, a linch-pin in the defence, and very cool on the ball, a quality player.

McCarthy may be some people's choice, but for me he is too hot headed at the moment, maybe in the future.

I also think Douglas would make a good vocal leader.

You decide.

If you choose "other" please state who you would like to be captain :)

I voted McCarthy.

I think Joey's been phenomenal this season - so consistent but latterly a player possessed in the cause of Leicester City and if he got the job I wouldn't be unhappy.

It's just that I think he's got enough to concentrate on in what is not always the most creative midfield and I'd like his emergence as a really dangerous attacking midfielder to continue unimpeded.

In time to come I believe the youngsters Stearman and Sheehan will come into the picture but for now I'd choose McCarthy.

Talking today with DavieG I said he and Joey were always so blindly committed to the cause. McCarthy NEVER hides however he's doing and an incident on the right-of-kop corner flag towards the end typified his response in times of trouble.

A Sheffield player had reacted with a bit of afters after a tackle and McCarthy was over there in a flash with some well directed words to the culprit. He didn't pile in or get himself sent off. Just his words and his luck calmed the storm.

And he's forever urging his team-mates to concentrate, blasting them for mistakes, demanding the final ounce ... just the same as he demands of himself. He took no time to give Hammond a real gee-up when he scored. I just love his perpetual involvement.

Captain's need to have character and McCarthy seems to have it. He's also shown responsibility. When I first saw him he was forever giving away unnecessary fouls. It was obviously pointed out to him and he's responded by largely cutting them out.

It's made him a better player and a man who seems suited to captaincy

I think Joey, based on his consistent performances this season. He has not let the team down at all and has led by example. He DESERVES the captain's armband for his excellent work-rate and I think it would show the rest of the squad that Levein has no favourites and picks players on merit.

I AGREE WITH JON_LCFC

JOEY HAS THE WILL AND PASSION FOR THE CLUB

HE IS ALSO ONE OF THE CLUBS LONGEST SERVING PLAYERS

I'm in total agreement there!

but his contract is up this summer

Yes, but whose to say Levein won't offer hima new contract?? i mean after this seasons displays it'd be a crime not to, and Levein has said he isn't to fussed about who the captain is this season as, he as already got the captain for next season in the back of his head.

Joey for me. Passion and commitment, leads by example. Paddy Mac second. Keep the Captaincy from the old Hearts brigade...they seem to play badly when skipper.

I voted Gerrbrand, but after reading other peoples posts I now think Paddy has a valid claim for the captaincy. But in all fairness as long as Kisborbo isn’t I will be happy

Archived