Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr Marco

Women's Rugby World Cup 2021

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Caught the last 5 minutes of the France v NZ match, what drama and very enjoyable to watch.

France were in for a try but went inside rather than keeping it wide, turnover ball from NZ kicked into touch from their own 22 with a minute to go. Play goes back for a penalty to France for a kick to win it...which they miss.

Also, no 'respect the kicker' malarkey here, boos all round when the French kicker was lining up lol

Edited by Nalis

It's the first game I've been able to watch live here in France (I don't have subscription TV) I thought he kiwi women on balance deserved the win though the French never gave up and challenged throughout. I think England would have preferred France to win, the kiwis more expansive game, and home advantage, will pose more of a threat in the final.

It was a shocking penalty miss though, must have been nerves since it was otherwise we'll within her capabilities.

12 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Also, no 'respect the kicker' malarkey here, boos all round when the French kicker was lining up

Par for the course in France! I'm used to it as a 'feature' of the French game. Some clubs' crowds are particularly adept at it! In fairness, I think it might just be 'what you do' rather than disrespect per se.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, taupe said:

Par for the course in France! I'm used to it as a 'feature' of the French game. Some clubs' crowds are particularly adept at it! In fairness, I think it might just be 'what you do' rather than disrespect per se.

Yeah thats true.

I've never been a fan of being insisting silence for the kicker anyway so quite refreshing to see it from a non French crowd

Funnily enough, in the other Rugby World Cup, England beat Canada in the groups and will probably play New Zealand in the Semis.  

Why do the Rugby Union World Cup choose to hide the fact that it is Union?  Are they hoping Rugby League fans might tune in by mistake?

I can recommend the Wheelchair Rugby League World Cup.  It's the same rules (with tweaks) as running rugby league, which may be a downside for some, but the talent level (and the hitting) is stunning.

1 hour ago, Staff said:

England down to 14, long second half ahead 7 points up. Holes all over the defence since 

Heartbreak for the Red Roses .

Just edged out by New Zealand despite a fantastic effort having to play a women down for an hour or so.

Were still in front going into the last 10 minutes but the hosts got a late decisive try.

Edited by Super_horns

• 2 weeks later...