Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Terry Hall RIP

I hate dancing, I really do, even in a Nite Klub. But the Specials are the exception. 

Best times watching the Specials and Selecter in the late 70's. Harrington jacket with tartan lining and 2-tone badge, Sta Pressed trousers, Fred Perry shirt, Brogues with tassels. It was the Dawning of a new era. 

Gone too soon. At peace. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I saw them on the 2-Tone tour in '79. Supported by the Selecter and it was supposed to be Madness but they pulled out when One step beyond hit the charts. They were replaced on the night by Dexys Midnight Runners! Nobody had ever heard of them but I remember they had loads of musicians filling the stage. Definately had a lack of material as they played Geno twice! 

Unforgettable. 

Ps. Saw Madness on their own tour not long after. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Class from Coventry last night

Interesting that he was a big, and proper matchgoing, Man United fan. Seen quite a few sharing their memories of meeting him at home and away games and how down to earth and low-key he was. Not something you often get among "celebrity" supporters.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...