Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jock's Hill

Expectation

There has been so much expectation over the last few transfer windows and very little excitement to go with it. 

I have heard so much speculation about players leaving this January and then maybe not. We all know who the players are who either want to leave or we need to move on. 

I have reset my expectations to Zero and will also delight in a new signing when I actually see one. I get fed up of the "race" to sign so and so. It is more like a slow dawdle.

Can I just say to BR, please don't leave us hanging on to the last days of the window. If player X wants to leave just do it and let them go. Same with any signings, get the deal done asap.

The more we can do in January the better set we will be for a more positive window next summer when we try to regain our momentum in the premier League.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jock's Hill said:

There has been so much expectation over the last few transfer windows and very little excitement to go with it. 

I have heard so much speculation about players leaving this January and then maybe not. We all know who the players are who either want to leave or we need to move on. 

I have reset my expectations to Zero and will also delight in a new signing when I actually see one. I get fed up of the "race" to sign so and so. It is more like a slow dawdle.

Can I just say to BR, please don't leave us hanging on to the last days of the window. If player X wants to leave just do it and let them go. Same with any signings, get the deal done asap.

The more we can do in January the better set we will be for a more positive window next summer when we try to regain our momentum in the premier League.

Most of the rumours of signings are just that, click bait. It's best to assume that the chances of any potential buys being in the public domain based on the history of the club is next to zero,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jock's Hill said:

“ just do it and let them go” what happens if someone offers just 20m for Maddison?

you just can’t run a business like that. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

“ just do it and let them go” what happens if someone offers just 20m for Maddison?

you just can’t run a business like that. 

Was thinking more of the dead wood (squad players) plus Tielemans as he will leave for nothing if not done in January.  Maddison with a much longer contract and a vital player, should be available only for Megabucks!!

• Like 1

I would absolutely love if we had a signing lined up for the start of the window. I reckon it would help us regain/maintain the momentum we had before the break but I don't imagine that will be the case. Absolutely no idea what to expect but I'm keeping them low. It IS Leicester City after all. 

• Like 1

The biggest issue we have is replacing a while midfield that looked top tier not long ago. Tielemens and Maddison are off and Wilf has been shite. Soumare and KDH aren't enough, we need two top notch midfielders , and replacing either is going to be incredibly difficult. I worry about next season given the traffic. It'll be make or break 

4 minutes ago, ronnup said:

The biggest issue we have is replacing a while midfield that looked top tier not long ago. Tielemens and Maddison are off and Wilf has been shite. Soumare and KDH aren't enough, we need two top notch midfielders , and replacing either is going to be incredibly difficult. I worry about next season given the traffic. It'll be make or break 

Maddison will sign a new contract and KDH is more than good enough 

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

How much do you think the club would allow him to go for?

I think he signs a new deal tbh

He won't sign a new deal and we can't afford another yorui situation, he goes in the summer at best. As mentioned think we will need the funds to replace a few seen as we have so many out of contract. Already gonna have to replace youri and cags, and jonny is looking like he's only every gonna be a bit part player now, can't bank on Big Dan keeping his form and he's also pur of contract anyway. 

Still need a keeper and a RW could be a rebuild especially as none of the academy lads look quite ready to step up.