Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Brighton (H) | 21/01/23 | Pre Match Thread

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

He did fail an age test 10 years ago. He has looked a lot slower and doesn't get to as many second balls as he used to. His tackles + interceptions per 90 have also been consistently dropping since 19/20 from 7 per game to 4.5 per game. 

I think he could be ageing.

...this is going to follow him around forever!!!

Watched him in the Fulham game where he gave away the ball in midfield, they broke up the pitch with the ball outside our box, played into Mitrovic and he finished. Ndidi did not chase back when he lost the possession, he just let the play go ahead without trying to rectify the problem. He has little passion for what he is doing right now.

8 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

He did fail an age test 10 years ago. He has looked a lot slower and doesn't get to as many second balls as he used to. His tackles + interceptions per 90 have also been consistently dropping since 19/20 from 7 per game to 4.5 per game. While his percentage of tackles won and amount of blocks (stats relating more to skill than physciality) has stayed consistent

I think he could be ageing.

He’s 26 he should be coming into his prime, what do you mean ageing? 

3 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

He’s 26 he should be coming into his prime, what do you mean ageing? 

When playing for the Nigerian Youth team due to them having issues with players lying about their age they started using mri scans to test the ages of players and Ndidi was one of the 9 players to fail the test in 2013 and get kicked off the Nigerian youth team. It was a common problem in Nigerian football a decade ago.

Edit: here's a link to a BBC article reporting on it  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22152016

Edited by Fightforever

40 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I do feel the backroom staff, medics, and coaches, and Fitness team are not up to it!!!

Players have been brought back too early enough times, only to exacerbate an injury. If memory serves me right, wasn't Ricardo brought back into the team on an icy pitch in Europe, having come back from a long-term knee injury? Rodgers comes out and says the player will be out for a few weeks and that becomes a few months, he is either making up the timeline to suit himself or he is taking advice from his medical team.

The thought is if a player is deemed fit to sit on the bench he is fit to play a full game, he may be needed after 5 minutes, but he needs to be able to last a game.

Completely agree, it's just the criticism of Rodgers when he is most likely following medical advice on managing injuries. There's plenty to actually criticise him for. I also think our medical team leave a lot to be desired.