Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Brighton (H) | 21/01/23 | Pre Match Thread

42 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

The club have made a signing, and i genuinely believe we are serious about 2 more. We potentially have KDH and (more importantly for the rest of this season) Madders back in the squad today, although i think both will start on the bench. 

I'll boo if we don't put in a performance, but from the start we will be behind them and i really hope we see some green shoots today.

Brighton have been playing out of their skins lately, but in reality we should be able to at least give them a good game. Arguably they are due a bad result, so it needs to be today ;) 

Why start them on the bench though? They'd surely have more impact if they started rather than coming on to "rescue" the game?

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I had an Austin Princess that used to pretend to work. It’d eventually fire into life and I’d drive off thinking finally everything was ok. Then, ten foot later, I’d be turning the engine over and over, swearing like a drunk hen party at a strip show. 

🤣🤣I know , I know( I had that with my Talbot Samba and its fecking manual choke!)

...its just the slight bit of optimism that we have to cling onto...

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Why start them on the bench though? They'd surely have more impact if they started rather than coming on to "rescue" the game?

Because if the subs do work for some absurd reason( not like any of his BRs subs DO ever work!) BR can look at us like he is the don😎

Edited by Raj

This starting them (Maddison & KDH) on the bench is simply ridiculous!

Like putting your best two penalty takers last in a shootout.

Fit enough to be in the matchday squad is fit enough to start, if not then it's risking worse injury.

Brighton will be hoping both are on the bench.

Only a totally pig headed fool would start them on the bench if they are fit...

99% sure they will be on the bench.😐

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

It doesn’t need to be toxic at all! How does that help the team? 
Vent your frustrations at the end of the game, or if the game is dead, but we need to start with a positive atmosphere and rally behind the lads! 

It depends on whether you're priority is to win a one off game or get Rodgers the sack? 

Keeping Rodgers on threatens the complete future of the club. Top is very reticent to sack him. Singing 'Rodgers get out of our club' focuses the supporters feelings against him and not the players. I'd happily take a 5 nil drubbing if it definitely affirmed his dismissal. I appreciate that not everyone feels the same way.

Under the right temporary or other manager, with players returning to fitness, there's plenty of games to get out of this but, merely repeating the same old tired approach and tactics will be our downfall. We certainly don't want him in charge of any potential rebuild in the summer, he's already squandered the talents of what he's had available to him!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, J. James said:

Fit enough to be in the matchday squad is fit enough to start, if not then it's risking worse injury.

Maddison will probably be 80% fit at best after two months out. Highly unlikely he will be able to last anything close to 90 mins. So depends whether he is more use in the first or second half. 

I would imagine Dewsbury-Hall would have a better chance of starting as he won’t have lost too much fitness. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, J. James said:

I love how many fans know the injury/fitness situation of the players. 

We have a highly paid medical team to advise on the recover from injuries and operations they will assess their readiness and recommend how many minutes they should play.

If Madders isn't 100% fit I'd prefer him not to play at all and risk injury, but if the game is already won (ha ha) a 20 minute run out would be good to see.

I wouldn't want him thrown on in a niggly highly competitive game with the instructions to go out and win it for us.

Edited by Captain...
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Viva said:

Maddison will probably be 80% fit at best after two months out. Highly unlikely he will be able to last anything close to 90 mins. So depends whether he is more use in the first or second half. 

I would imagine Dewsbury-Hall would have a better chance of starting as he won’t have lost too much fitness. 

People are talking as it’s outrageous that a player who has been out for several months is being eased back in rather than rushed straight back into the starting 11. Like no manager has ever done that before the bonehead Rodgers…😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

We have a highly paid medical team to advise on the recover from injuries and operations they will assess their readiness and recommend how many minutes they should play.

If Madders isn't 100% fit I'd prefer him not to play at all and risk injury, but if the game is already won (ha ha) a 20 minute run out would be good to see.

I'm not suggesting l know anything regarding fitness but players need to be 100% fit and if not they shouldn't be on the bench- what happens if two of our midfield are injured in the first 10 mins?

20 mins at the start is much more sensible than 20 mins at the end when the game is most probably gone!

But l expect Rodgers will see it as you do and bring him on at 70mins and 0-3.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I wouldn't want him thrown on in a niggly highly competitive game with the instructions to go out and win it for us.

To be fair, they don’t exactly do a very good job at this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

It depends on whether you're priority is to win a one off game or get Rodgers the sack? 

Keeping Rodgers on threatens the complete future of the club. Top is very reticent to sack him. Singing 'Rodgers get out of our club' focuses the supporters feelings against him and not the players. I'd happily take a 5 nil drubbing if it definitely affirmed his dismissal. I appreciate that not everyone feels the same way.

Under the right temporary or other manager, with players returning to fitness, there's plenty of games to get out of this but, merely repeating the same old tired approach and tactics will be our downfall. We certainly don't want him in charge of any potential rebuild in the summer, he's already squandered the talents of what he's had available to him!

Unless everyone, or at least a significant proportion, is on board it is pointless and I dare say you realise this, the stadium is not a reflection of the ill feeling here, so all you can achieve is a localised negativity which has more chance of effective the team on the pitch than the board

Surely this is obvious?  :dunno: In our current situation, winning a single game, especially against a team in good form, would be a massive boon and could start a move to better form.

1 hour ago, J. James said:

Brendan Rodgers ‘fit enough to be in the matchday squad’ is a player with a cast still on his leg. They are most probably still carrying an injury but he needs to save his bacon