Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Brighton (H) | 21/01/23 | Pre Match Thread

I’m flying in the face of my own logic here, but after dreading last weekend’s game and feeling certain we would lose pathetically, I have a growing sense of optimism regarding tomorrow.

I think we will see a significant improvement and at least a point.

I do not know why I do this to myself 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Maddison?

“Hopefully he’s going to be in the squad. We need to manage that game-time because it’s been a long time since he’s played. He’s worked hard in the gym and behind the scenes. He’s such a gift for us to have. The difference he gives us other players, that’s when you know you have an outstanding player. He’s ticked the boxes. He’s trained this week and looks so so good. We hope he can come through the last session. Then it’s a case of picking the right moment to put him in.”

That'll be the 62nd minute then.

10 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

😂 “No stone is left unturned.” More like not one single pebble is turned over. Brendan’s got no shame. 

You really could see the apocalypse in a rainbow.  lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Slightly more confident about tomorrow. Daka has to start as Vardy has been a passenger recently and its time Daka stepped up and took some responsibility.

I’d say that’s likely. The much maligned auditing video had Vardy training with those who have been regulars on the bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

You really could see the apocalypse in a rainbow.  lol

I see flat Stanley liked your comment, some peoples glass are half empty others are half full of shit. 
Calling what I see though, not much reason for cheer at this club at the minute is there? Anyone feeling like doing cartwheels over it, fill your boots. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Slightly more confident about tomorrow. Daka has to start as Vardy has been a passenger recently and its time Daka stepped up and took some responsibility.

Two upfront otherwise we will be on the back foot all game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I’m flying in the face of my own logic here, but after dreading last weekend’s game and feeling certain we would lose pathetically, I have a growing sense of optimism regarding tomorrow.

I think we will see a significant improvement and at least a point.

I do not know why I do this to myself 

Its because you are fan, hope never dies. No matter how hideous the last performance was , you always recover before the next game.

I'm torn over the line up, Thomas needs bringing out of the side but the option of Amartey at RB (freeing up Castagne for LB) isn't appealing which means reverting to  wing-backs (Albrighton & Castagne) with two up top which is OK but where does Barnes fit in and I don't want to see both Nididi and Mendy start. Add to that Maddison may only be good for 45-60 mins or so and that Praet is more deserving than some others "cough" "Perez", I've come up with this:-

Iverson (It'll Be Ward)

Amartey           Faes               Soyuncu

Albrighton                                                      Castagne

Ndidi

Youri

Maddison

Nacho                         Daka

If it works then happy days, I don't care who has or hasn't featured but if not going well there's the option to switch formation and bring on Harvey (if LW - requiring a change of formation) and Vardy with Praet on the right. However if at that point Madders needs a rest as is likely we'd be chasing the game and taking off our two CF's and our most attacking midfielder.....can't wait for the response in the stadium (and on here) to that one! But what I'm saying is go for it, use the first half for once, don't run out of time and just give it a go for 17 minutes at £55 a ticket, cursing about added on time and time-wasting goal kicks, use those 45 first half minutes to do something constructive.  

• Like 1

You just know that, when it's really getting to crunch time, Rodgers will pull off a result tomorrow which will once again make Top feel justified in not sacking him. A result tomorrow will buy him more time for us to watch even more dross.

It's a bit of a bitter sweet. Obviously i want us to win, but there's always that thought that yet another loss might be one step closer to him getting sacked...naive i know.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We won't play 2 up top, we got hammered by them the last time he did it.

His tactical setup for that match and how exposed our defence was still gives me nightmares

It was absolutely horrendous

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

His tactical setup for that match and how exposed our defence was still gives me nightmares

It was absolutely horrendous

The only horrendous thing was the goalkeeping, effort, positioning, and awareness and lack of all the above. Not closing players down, giving the ball away in our own box, giving penalties and free kicks near the box away were nothing to do with tactics or Rodgers. Some of our players unfortunately are brainless and a bit spineless.

I think we will get beaten quite convincingly but won't be too downbeat. Signings coming in is the big thing. If we made none whatsoever we would be in serious trouble. We still will be in trouble with them, but at least we have a chance.

The start of the season messed us up badly. Rodgers quite rightly gets flak, but in business you have to either back or sack your key staff. In the summer we did neither, and that's why we are in this mess. 

Brighton are playing really well and are a cohesive unit. They thrashed us last time round and won't fear us at all. Hence a fairly routine win for them I suspect. 

Edited by StriderHiryu