Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Brighton (H) | 21/01/23 | Pre Match Thread

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Roll the dice and start both of them, we need to evoke a change and let's face it, if we go 1 nil down then its game over. If we take the lead, we might just be competitive.

if madders puts in an appearance then surely it would be 20 minutes

11 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Ndidi for Mendy? Did you miss Forest?

.. if we continue to use Ndidi the way he is being deployed, then he needs to get out of the club now, for his career and his sanity!!!

Regarding utilising the squad,  Sammy Braybrooke should no longer feature in the U21s  or on our bench,  it is time he needs to learn his craft and that means going out on loan. He is going to have to learn how to influence seasoned professionals around him and get their trust, because he is going to be a player that seeks to influence games and he needs to be challenged at this point of time.

Just watching him in the last U21s game and he seemed to have settled for this level,  we need to get him out of there, right now.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Been a lot of media coverage this week from the players, it’s as if the club has hit the clean slate with Rodgers’ again , but a loss today and I don’t see him surviving.

Was just saying this to my son last night what with Top being present at the game and the talk during the week over a free meal at seagrave rather than Top treating his successful manager to a swanky expensive meal, I’m in the mind that Top said he needs to show him a win on Saturday otherwise it’ll be an unhappy meal at McDonalds to give him his P45. 

• Haha 2

I'm hoping out of somewhere this is the game that kick starts the season( yeah I know!)

I want to see some sort of response from last week.

This will really be a great indicator of where we are.

Lose today and I think it's over and no one can justify BR still being here.

If it kicks start us, avoid relegation we can say thank you for the FA Cup and bye bye to him.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Roll the dice and start both of them, we need to evoke a change and let's face it, if we go 1 nil down then its game over. If we take the lead, we might just be competitive.

I agree. If they’re really fit enough for the bench then they should be fit enough to start.  Stay in the game or ideally get a lead, and take them off at half time or 60 minutes if necessary.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the atmosphere will not be toxic (it needs to be to get some reaction from the Board), but it only seems toxic or strained on FT!!!

It doesn’t need to be toxic at all! How does that help the team? 
Vent your frustrations at the end of the game, or if the game is dead, but we need to start with a positive atmosphere and rally behind the lads! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It doesn’t need to be toxic at all! How does that help the team? 
Vent your frustrations at the end of the game, or if the game is dead, but we need to start with a positive atmosphere and rally behind the lads! 

...we do, but the onfield performances are so poor and the players lack motivation,  that games have been out of our reach within 20 minutes!!!

Supporters do not go to the games to berate the players, they travel in hope, that the previous performance will not be replicated and they are up for the game. Our game management within a short time tells us we are about to repeat the tedious possession base play that we are incapable of, it suits the opposition to see us playing that way, than it is anyway good for us.

There are not many supporters out there at the end of games to vent any anger, the majority have already left, disillusioned and depressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Get behind the team today, only possible way this team is going to get a result. Toxic atmosphere and we will crumble

The club have made a signing, and i genuinely believe we are serious about 2 more. We potentially have KDH and (more importantly for the rest of this season) Madders back in the squad today, although i think both will start on the bench. 

I'll boo if we don't put in a performance, but from the start we will be behind them and i really hope we see some green shoots today.

Brighton have been playing out of their skins lately, but in reality we should be able to at least give them a good game. Arguably they are due a bad result, so it needs to be today ;) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raj said:

I'm hoping out of somewhere this is the game that kick starts the season( yeah I know!)

I want to see some sort of response from last week.

This will really be a great indicator of where we are.

Lose today and I think it's over and no one can justify BR still being here.

If it kicks start us, avoid relegation we can say thank you for the FA Cup and bye bye to him.

I had an Austin Princess that used to pretend to work. It’d eventually fire into life and I’d drive off thinking finally everything was ok. Then, ten foot later, I’d be turning the engine over and over, swearing like a drunk hen party at a strip show. 

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. if we continue to use Ndidi the way he is being deployed, then he needs to get out of the club now, for his career and his sanity!!!

Regarding utilising the squad,  Sammy Braybrooke should no longer feature in the U21s  or on our bench,  it is time he needs to learn his craft and that means going out on loan. He is going to have to learn how to influence seasoned professionals around him and get their trust, because he is going to be a player that seeks to influence games and he needs to be challenged at this point of time.

Just watching him in the last U21s game and he seemed to have settled for this level,  we need to get him out of there, right now.

Agree totally. If we're serious about trying to get academy products into the first team we seem to be extremely slow in getting them involved in proper mens football and the real life lessons it will teach them. If we don't, there's little point to it all as we won't be able to use them, sell them, or come to a decision to whether they'd ever make the grade. Even the latter might have made something of themselves had they been given the right opportunities early enough. 

There seems to be a need for a complete rethink throughout the club from getting rid of Rodgers and some of his coaching staff through to board members. There seems to be a total lack of coordination and focus. The latter just seem to take it as read that Rodgers is the oracle. I think even Puel, ignoring his lack of man management skills had more of a clue how to build a team. 

• Like 1