Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Brighton (H) | 21/01/23 | Pre Match Thread

17 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Put your positive feelings in the bin, it'll just make you angry and upset later. We're going to get clattered

Some hold the opinion that a positive crowd pass on that atmosphere to the players and their positive mood lifts their physical performance and increases our liklihood of gaining points and avoiding relegation.

ivgqkrmeck6spwsduicg.jpg

Edited by Foxxed
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Ward, Castagne, Amartey, Faes, Thomas, Dewsbury-Hall, Tielemans, Mendy, Praet, Barnes, Vardy. 

Subs: Soyuncu, Maddison, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Daka, Vestergaard, Brunt, McAteer, Iversen

This is the team? Or your thoughts on the team?

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Ward, Castagne, Amartey, Faes, Thomas, Dewsbury-Hall, Tielemans, Mendy, Praet, Barnes, Vardy. 

Subs: Soyuncu, Maddison, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Daka, Vestergaard, Brunt, McAteer, Iversen

If that's the side I'll be surprised if we get anything from today's game

Inside info on today's team lineup..

Subs: Soyuncu, Maddison, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Daka, Vestergaard, Brunt, McAteer, Iversen.

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Some hold the opinion that a positive crowd pass on that atmosphere to the players and their positive mood lifts their physical performance and increases our liklihood of gaining points and avoiding relegation.

ivgqkrmeck6spwsduicg.jpg

Yeah, you're right. I suppose it's just hard to have the balance of that passion but not being too disappointed after. I'm very guilty of it as well but the negativity after these results is not very pleasant.

Just now, ScotFox1 said:

Subs: Soyuncu, Maddison, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Daka, Vestergaard, Brunt, McAteer, Iversen.

Best we have if cags isnt going to play i suppose

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I love how many fans know the injury/fitness situation of the players. 

We have a highly paid medical team to advise on the recover from injuries and operations they will assess their readiness and recommend how many minutes they should play.

If Madders isn't 100% fit I'd prefer him not to play at all and risk injury, but if the game is already won (ha ha) a 20 minute run out would be good to see.

I wouldn't want him thrown on in a niggly highly competitive game with the instructions to go out and win it for us.

...I do feel the backroom staff, medics, and coaches, and Fitness team are not up to it!!!

Players have been brought back too early enough times, only to exacerbate an injury. If memory serves me right, wasn't Ricardo brought back into the team on an icy pitch in Europe, having come back from a long-term knee injury? Rodgers comes out and says the player will be out for a few weeks and that becomes a few months, he is either making up the timeline to suit himself or he is taking advice from his medical team.

The thought is if a player is deemed fit to sit on the bench he is fit to play a full game, he may be needed after 5 minutes, but he needs to be able to last a game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Yeah, you're right. I suppose it's just hard to have the balance of that passion but not being too disappointed after. I'm very guilty of it as well but the negativity after these results is not very pleasant.

Yeah. Me too. I make the point but I'm a to massive hypocrit haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I do feel the backroom staff, medics, and coaches, and Fitness team are not up to it!!!

Players have been brought back too early enough times, only to exacerbate an injury. If memory serves me right, wasn't Ricardo brought back into the team on an icy pitch in Europe, having come back from a long-term knee injury? Rodgers comes out and says the player will be out for a few weeks and that becomes a few months, he is either making up the timeline to suit himself or he is taking advice from his medical team.

The thought is if a player is deemed fit to sit on the bench he is fit to play a full game, he may be needed after 5 minutes, but he needs to be able to last a game.

Think we were better when we had those 'old timers' in the staffing roles, now we seem to have young guys holding university degrees who seem to be all yes men to the manager.

As someone said it all started with Raneri who got rid of the psycho guy and others went with Brendan getting Rennie sacked. 

The club should bring back those characters 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ScotFox1 said:

What's happened to Wilf?

10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Think we were better when we had those 'old timers' in the staffing roles, now we seem to have young guys holding university degrees who seem to be all yes men to the manager.

As someone said it all started with Raneri who got rid of the psycho guy and others went with Brendan getting Rennie sacked. 

The club should bring back those characters 

Pretty sure Ranieri brought Benalouane in…

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

What's happened to Wilf?

He did fail an age test 10 years ago. He has looked a lot slower and doesn't get to as many second balls as he used to. His tackles + interceptions per 90 have also been consistently dropping since 19/20 from 7 per game to 4.5 per game. While his percentage of tackles won and amount of blocks (stats relating more to skill than physciality) has stayed consistent

I think he could be ageing.

Edited by Fightforever