Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

Posted (edited)

Justin Marsden returns to Nuneaton Town as player coach, 12 years after leaving the club. Interesting 12 years ago when he left he helped boro clinch promotion to the conference premier now he will be playing for the boro in the midland combination division one. Where boros only game in nuneaton will be away at nuneaton griff.

Heard we are unable to play in the fa vase as we have missed the deadline. To be honest not too dissapointed in missing out on that, really clubs who should play in that should be more like village clubs. I think clubs like Hereford Fc and Tamworth whove made the final is just embarrassing. 

Its like Tottenham Hotspur first team taking part in an under 15s north london cup... they probably still wouldn't that lol.

Edited by Leicesterpool

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Justin Marsden returns to Nuneaton Town as player coach, 12 years after leaving the club. Interesting 12 years ago when he left he helped boro clinch promotion to the conference premier now he will be playing for the boro in the midland combination division one. Where boros only game in nuneaton will be away at nuneaton griff.

Heard we are unable to play in the fa vase as we have missed the deadline. To be honest not too dissapointed in missing out on that, really clubs who should play in that should be more like village clubs. I think clubs like Hereford Fc and Tamworth whove made the final is just embarrassing. 

Its like Tottenham Hotspur first team taking part in an under 15s north london cup... they probably still wouldn't that lol.

This is why people dislike Nuneaton and it’s numerous football clubs 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Would you wanna see leicester play in the fa vase 🙄

As we stand now, no because it would mean the club have been liquidated and it has started again. 

If Leicester City were in the Midland Football League, I’d want to us win every trophy possible and watch my club play at Wembley.  Same applied League 1 and the Johnstone Paints Trophy. 

It’s not as if Nuneaton have a recent history of winning trophies. Playing in the Vase like Hereford did is part of the journey in building the club back up to its traditional level. Nuneaton fans putting their nose up at the chance to play at Wembley!!

If you look at the winners of the Vase you’ll struggle to find a village club. Quite a few used it as a catalyst to go higher up the divisions 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Nuneaton is more or less a village club now tbf

Posted (edited)

Don't matter if we're in fa vase or trophy. Our record in the fa trophy that was horrific. 

Its probably the same way i look at football league trophy its pointless and even been cheapened by induction of under 23s. 

Fa vase has a target audience and i dont begrudge clubs getting to the final of that, in fact a few years back when Barwell got to semis i was hoping theyd make the final. 

For me getting promotion and reaching the fa cup first round would be a perfect a season.

Edited by Leicesterpool

8 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Would you wanna see leicester play in the fa vase 🙄

Nuneaton aren’t Leicester City. They’ve never even been a league side. 

In fact, given trying to achieve and maintain that level has either crippled or killed multiple iterations of the club, I’m at a push to say step 1 & 2 is even their level. This is meant with no personal affront but it’s probably this attitude and entitlement that has lead to a cycle of wound-up clubs killed trying desperately to reach something they can’t sustain within their limits. 

I expect Nuneaton to win this MFL Division 1 but they’re lucky two of the more threatening sides have been moved out as otherwise it may not be as comfortable as it likely will be. And even then, should it be the MFL Premier you go into then that’s stacked full of respectable teams or at least teams with plenty of cash to burn. Bury, a club far bigger than Nuneaton, learnt the hard way that ‘village teams’ can be very much worthy adversaries and nothing is a given because you used to be ‘big’. 

You have an opportunity as a supporter base to regroup and create a sustainable football club. That may mean prolonged stays in step 4 or 5, but it’s a chance to break the cycle of constant financial frailty and toxic expectations. 

The FA Vase is a national cup, Nuneaton has never won any form of national competition, in fact even in the FA Trophy they managed a paltry best of quarter final. This is an opportunity to have a trip to Wembley and win proper silverware.

Respect the level or there’s a good chance it bites your arse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

Nuneaton aren’t Leicester City. They’ve never even been a league side. 

In fact, given trying to achieve and maintain that level has either crippled or killed multiple iterations of the club, I’m at a push to say step 1 & 2 is even their level. This is meant with no personal affront but it’s probably this attitude and entitlement that has lead to a cycle of wound-up clubs killed trying desperately to reach something they can’t sustain within their limits. 

I expect Nuneaton to win this MFL Division 1 but they’re lucky two of the more threatening sides have been moved out as otherwise it may not be as comfortable as it likely will be. And even then, should it be the MFL Premier you go into then that’s stacked full of respectable teams or at least teams with plenty of cash to burn. Bury, a club far bigger than Nuneaton, learnt the hard way that ‘village teams’ can be very much worthy adversaries and nothing is a given because you used to be ‘big’. 

You have an opportunity as a supporter base to regroup and create a sustainable football club. That may mean prolonged stays in step 4 or 5, but it’s a chance to break the cycle of constant financial frailty and toxic expectations. 

The FA Vase is a national cup, Nuneaton has never won any form of national competition, in fact even in the FA Trophy they managed a paltry best of quarter final. This is an opportunity to have a trip to Wembley and win proper silverware.

Respect the level or there’s a good chance it bites your arse.

Also, every team in that league will raise their game against Nuneaton next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Don't matter if we're in fa vase or trophy. Our record in the fa trophy that was horrific. 

Its probably the same way i look at football league trophy its pointless and even been cheapened by induction of under 23s. 

Fa vase has a target audience and i dont begrudge clubs getting to the final of that, in fact a few years back when Barwell got to semis i was hoping theyd make the final. 

For me getting promotion and reaching the fa cup first round would be a perfect a season.

What do you mean? 

You are unlikely to be in the FA Cup as well

34 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Also, every team in that league will raise their game against Nuneaton next season.

There will be at least one occasion where they get made to look like idiots and at least one occasion where their fans will kick off at a tiny ground ran by volunteers 

15 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

JDC has left to challenge himself at Step 2. I wonder where? He's  a lucky boy to get a move upwards.

Yes I wonder, he’s barely good enough for step 3.

Glad he’s gone tbh