Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

On the train back with a load of jubilant Pompey fans, finished 8-0 in the end colossal gulf in class as you'd expect, Spalding could have a big impact at step 3 next season, played some lovely stuff.

15 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Rumours were true about Lboro Dynamo - basically finishing the club and starting again 

Yep, club as it was died at about 4:45 this afternoon, chairman has just gone boom effectively and we're frankly no more.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Rumours were true about Lboro Dynamo - basically finishing the club and starting again 

Seriously? Gutted for everyone involved if true. They have come from the very bottom to get to step four. How the hell is a town the size of Loughborough not got a decent sized football team?

24 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Seriously? Gutted for everyone involved if true. They have come from the very bottom to get to step four. How the hell is a town the size of Loughborough not got a decent sized football team?

Uni side have just been promoted to the level Dynamo were at.

The fact everyone's resigned, from volunteers to directors speaks volumes. It's Darren Rodgers FC now even if it keeps being called Loughborough Dynamo.

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Any hope Loughborough go to step 6 or is it Senior League for them? Awful really as Leicestershire Non-League was really picking up.

Sounds like he’s took us out of the pyramid entirely

Coalville have wasted their golden opportunity over the last three seasons 

Cant see anything but disappointment next season as there is no chance they bring in enough players who are able to play the way the manger wants. 

Edited by Lako42

It doesn’t look so bad from the pictures I can see, from my perspective we should appreciate these smaller clubs/grounds or all we’ll end up with is a small collection of soulless grounds like the KP.

Thankfully we’re not like the woeful pyramid structure in France and have such a wealth of clubs.

I’ve been to 14 games at Brackley this year, and the ground when it’s not too full or not segregated is very good with super facilities.  

I think when teams bring big followings and it gets segregated lots of new challenges affect the club as its average crowd pre-2020 was c400 but now we regularly see double that and on occasion 1700+ turn up

Anyhow I’m off to hopefully watch a match with no rain as one thing the soulless grounds have is very good shelter!

We can’t win them all!

Edit: Sorry replying to comment about Solihull ground but my phone isn’t doing too well and failed again!

Edited by FoxesFan#1

Just back from Brackley game with a super 1-0 Brackley win, 1880 crowd in today with 300 away fans.

Super old fashioned afternoon, hard fought match with 22 players squaring up at the end to top it all off.

Roll on next Saturday for the final v Boston!

• Like 1

The Football League are desperate for their clubs to remain solvent and spend money wisely yet insist clubs spend a relative fortune ripping up a pitch and, in Sutton's case, lose out on income from the local community using the facilities because they believe 3G pitches aren't right. Whilst seeing endless games called off due to frozen and waterlogged surfaces.

Superb.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corky said:

The Football League are desperate for their clubs to remain solvent and spend money wisely yet insist clubs spend a relative fortune ripping up a pitch and, in Sutton's case, lose out on income from the local community using the facilities because they believe 3G pitches aren't right. Whilst seeing endless games called off due to frozen and waterlogged surfaces.

Superb.

Slightly disagree with this. I don’t think it’s necessarily a good thing that professional clubs are reliant on the income of 4G pitches to sustain themselves. Ironically the ground standards have definitely slipped having visited Sutton and Barrow where you are free to walk around the ground excepting the away end 

Sound old fashioned but I hate the way 4G pitches play. Ball bounces higher, more injuries and they feel weirdly ‘hotter’ in the sun (ie the black rubber bits burn). 

On 27/04/2024 at 18:39, isaidno said:

Boston through to the play off final without winning a match or scoring a goal.

I'm hoping Boston go up there. 

Their ground is superb and the club has really been through the wringer since relegation from the Football League.