Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

Good luck to all Leicestershire teams tonight, I'll be at the final all being well at the weekend. It will be nice to go to a non league game and be able to wear by Leicester shirt lol

Grantham showing as going into the midlands division next season, really welcome as the eastern division is exceptionally tough, it is a horrible league with so much travelling.

Stayed up winning 4 of the last 5 including last Monday and Wednesday, both away from home.

We've got a good, young manager (he's 26) and he's really turned it round. Had to say I was expecting step 5 and playing Sleaford, Deeping Rangers and Skegness Town!

Haven't seen much of the midlands division so will be interesting to see how we get on, lots of local games and a nice mid table boring season would be great!

6 hours ago, Tuna said:

Good luck to all Leicestershire teams tonight, I'll be at the final all being well at the weekend. It will be nice to go to a non league game and be able to wear by Leicester shirt lol

Anstey winning 2-1 v Quorn.

Harborough drawing 1-1 v Hinckley LRFC. 

Posted (edited)

Southern league play offs tonight 

Afc Telford utd v mickleover 

Leamington v redditch utd

Im hoping its a Telford v Leamington final would be decent atmosphere as would be Telford v redditch though im not sure the local police would want that. Redditch have had a reputation of late.

Weird to think nuneaton borough were in the play off final and were one kick away from promotion. Now borough dont exist... well now new club been formed. Fine margins, boro win that game and in national league north... club survive.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Anstey v Harborough for the Final of the Northern Premier League Midlands Playoff this Saturday. Will be a great occasion for those not going to the KP. Two top teams with big budgets going at it to join Coalville & Barwell at Step 3. 

Shame to see Loughborough Dynamo filing for voluntary resignation right down to what I think is Step 8, and playing in the Leicester Senior League Division 1 next season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joeybside said:

Anstey v Harborough for the Final of the Northern Premier League Midlands Playoff this Saturday. Will be a great occasion for those not going to the KP. Two top teams with big budgets going at it to join Coalville & Barwell at Step 3. 

Shame to see Loughborough Dynamo filing for voluntary resignation right down to what I think is Step 8, and playing in the Leicester Senior League Division 1 next season.

Shame the kick off wasnt pushed back to a 5pm as i think even bigger crowd would have attended 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Southern league play offs tonight 

Afc Telford utd v mickleover 

Leamington v redditch utd

Im hoping its a Telford v Leamington final would be decent atmosphere as would be Telford v redditch though im not sure the local police would want that. Redditch have had a reputation of late.

Weird to think nuneaton borough were in the play off final and were one kick away from promotion. Now borough dont exist... well now new club been formed. Fine margins, boro win that game and in national league north... club survive.

Doubt they survive if they got promoted. No way income would have been improved that much.

I'm just waiting for Barwell to go the same way. I can't believe another club have brought into Ginelly's nonsense.

32 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Doubt they survive if they got promoted. No way income would have been improved that much.

I'm just waiting for Barwell to go the same way. I can't believe another club have brought into Ginelly's nonsense.

Ginnelly I think kind of made himself manager, major step back going for Ginnelly. Lets face he's not semi pro manager he's more sunday league. A lot of anger from Boro supporters towards him now. He was painted as the hero for years... but all he done was put the club on long support machine and filling them with booze and meds. He helped reduce to debt from 600k to 300k over three seasons, thanks to some generous local businessmen. To then gamble one summer and we end up 700k in debt.. madness.

7 hours ago, joeybside said:

Do Anstey have a big budget though? Most of those players seem to be the ones that got them promoted. They signed a couple of players from Newark and Sleaford.

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Shame the kick off wasnt pushed back to a 5pm as i think even bigger crowd would have attended 

Well that would have been sensible but when do the authorities bother about smaller Clubs?

Still, should be an epic encounter.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Do Anstey have a big budget though? Most of those players seem to be the ones that got them promoted. They signed a couple of players from Newark and Sleaford.

I’m not convinced they have the money everyone thinks they do as well. Plenty of lads there thet got them through the UCL etc 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Definetly not anywhere near big compared to Harborough i’d say. Like yourself & Cosbeh have said they have quite a number of players that have been with them a while so I can’t it being that big. 

Edited by leicesterisme
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Tuna said:

I know a fella that recently played for Stamford & knows a bit about local non-league footie. He reckons Anstey are paying out a fair wedge. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Off to Telford vs Leamington on Monday, new ground, playoff final, should be a good one

Bought tickets myself. The New Bucks is cracking modern non league stadium, would not look out of place in the EFL. 

Weirdly today there are sold out of under 16's tickets... but not adult tickets... :blink: how is that possible. So if your under 16 you can't go or have to buy an adult ticket.

• Like 2

On 06/04/2024 at 19:27, purpleronnie said:

Got a horrible feeling croydon will make the play offs and end up winning the thing.

:nono:

Well as i feared Croydon did make it into the playoffs and beat Jersey away, so they are one step closer.  Jersey cant seem to get out of this division.

Harborough beat Anstey away 0-2 in the playoff final.

And the 'massive' Bury AFC couldn't get automatic promotion and now have lost the play offf final on penalties to Wythenshawe Town.  Wythenshawe FC won the division, so both Wythenshawe clubs promoted, must be a rarity.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2023 at 19:27, purpleronnie said:

Mid table I think this season for Coalville.

On 05/08/2023 at 19:30, leicesterisme said:

Nah not a chance

On 05/08/2023 at 19:35, Stuntman_Mike said:

Because they lost their first game? lol

Smug mode.:P

• Haha 2

Back from Brackley NLN play-off final, that’s another play off loss for us!

Congrats to Boston United for returning to the NL. 

Over 3000 in and almost max capacity with 900 very happy away fans.

If we had won today I’d have been happy but losing is no issue as I enjoy NL North

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Harborough v Anstey ? 

If so, a match report please ! 

Anstey 0 - 2 Harborough

Best Team won on the day. If Harborough were more prolific in front of goal then it could have been double the score. The rapid Kai Tonge got the first in the 10mins. Anstey really pressed in the last 25 as Harborough began to tire but were wasteful with the small amount of chances that came their way. Harborough had initial control of the midfield with Duffy standing out. The real irony coming right at the end when ex Anstey ST Luis Rose, who had a huge amount of expected stick all game, rounded Logan and got the winner. Cue him running back to the Anstey Kop dishing out imaginary pound notes. Over 1100 in attendance and utter carnage around Link Road with Vehicles being towed away due to inconsiderate parking. 

Edited by joeybside
  • Haha 2

Got three local to me cup finals in the next 10 days. In an era where the top of the game is trying to ruin cup competitions, great to see how important they remain in lower levels.

• Like 1