Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

Foster makes some odd subs moving Cayman into midfield but puts on the right back to play left back instead of the left back that's on the bench

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Foster makes some odd subs moving Cayman into midfield but puts on the right back to play left back instead of the left back that's on the bench

Been watching Enzo

finished 1-1 first time we've scored away at West Ham and first point we've taken there.

Get a proper manager in and this squad is more than good enough

West Ham were for the taking yesterday but once again we lacked that cutting edge. Ref was poor, how can semi pro refs do pro games?! 

Petermann hasn't really had the impact I hoped for, 6 goals, 1 of which was v Derby is a poor return. Need O'Brien fit, a no 9, no 10, 2 x centre backs and a manager. Dont think we'll go for Ale, and Whelan looks like she's coming to the end of her career. 

Odd incident yesterday, the taking of the knee was met with a rather irate man in our away end shouting stop it, we're English repeatedly. After a few exchanges with other fans he was asked to leave. Never seen him on any away days this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

West Ham were for the taking yesterday but once again we lacked that cutting edge. Ref was poor, how can semi pro refs do pro games?! 

Petermann hasn't really had the impact I hoped for, 6 goals, 1 of which was v Derby is a poor return. Need O'Brien fit, a no 9, no 10, 2 x centre backs and a manager. Dont think we'll go for Ale, and Whelan looks like she's coming to the end of her career. 

Odd incident yesterday, the taking of the knee was met with a rather irate man in our away end shouting stop it, we're English repeatedly. After a few exchanges with other fans he was asked to leave. Never seen him on any away days this season.

Not convinced O'Brien is  number 9. She's played there before and was far from the best finisher.

She would add pace to the position, but not so good at holding the ball up, and linking the play as Petermann.

Has Draper been injured?

Would have liked to have seen more of her in these games that have nothing on them.

I know she's very young, but on the brief occasions I've seen her, she looks to have Vardy like movement, and an eye for goal.

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Not convinced O'Brien is  number 9. She's played there before and was far from the best finisher.

She would add pace to the position, but not so good at holding the ball up, and linking the play as Petermann.

Has Draper been injured?

Would have liked to have seen more of her in these games that have nothing on them.

I know she's very young, but on the brief occasions I've seen her, she looks to have Vardy like movement, and an eye for goal.

Draper is injured sad really she could have got good game time now the season is pitted out 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Has Draper been injured?

No wasn't suggesting Shannon as a 9 bud, just said we need her fit, certainly her best position is that left wing, but feel we need a goalscoring 9, maybe play momiki as the 10, think Whelans time is up. 

Draper injured on England duty, won't be back until next season, do agree, Vardyesque movement, and you see the goal she gets v Bristol has great movement and awareness. You may recall Mark Draper playing for Leicester on the 90s, Denny is his daughter. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

No wasn't suggesting Shannon as a 9 bud, just said we need her fit, certainly her best position is that left wing, but feel we need a goalscoring 9, maybe play momiki as the 10, think Whelans time is up. 

Draper injured on England duty, won't be back until next season, do agree, Vardyesque movement, and you see the goal she gets v Bristol has great movement and awareness. You may recall Mark Draper playing for Leicester on the 90s, Denny is his daughter. 

Thanks for the Draper info, I wondered why she hadn't been in the squad recently.

Hannah Cain would be a big plus when she comes back too, i think we've missed her out wide.

Is her ACL career ending then?

I hope not, I really rate her. 

Whoever comes in as manager, has a decent squad as a platform, defence is the place we need to strengthen with more quality before anywhere else, but as you say, another number 9 would also be a welcome addition.

Edited by smudger63

15 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Thanks for the Draper info, I wondered why she hadn't been in the squad recently.

Hannah Cain would be a big plus when she comes back too, i think we've missed her out wide.

Whoever comes in as manager, has a decent squad as a platform, defence is the place we need to strengthen with more quality before anywhere else, but as you say, another number 9 would also be a welcome addition.

Yes I think the defence could improve, 2 centre backs would be welcome along with the 9 and 10. 

I think there will be interest in Rantala in the summer too. 

19 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Yes I think the defence could improve, 2 centre backs would be welcome along with the 9 and 10. 

I think there will be interest in Rantala in the summer too. 

I would be amazed if there wasn't interest in Rantala, she is a class act.

I hope we can hang on to her, and keep improving.

We've made big strides this year.

2 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Cain has gone from posting lots of Leicester content to nothing, there is an obvious reason why when you look at the timing of the change.

I do think had O'Brien come on instead of Baker yetserday she takes the chance Baker messed up with a terrible second touch

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Willie Kirk breaks his silence and tells his side of the story. Pretty obvious who the player was/is now. Also interesting that the whistleblower was from another WSL club, not from within LCFC.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13403643/Willie-Kirk-Leicester-manager-sacked-breaks-silence-treated-criminal-WSL.html

This is a questionable comment but if it's Cain, he's one lucky bastard and also, the fact she didn't care about the age gap means I'll be sliding into her DM's 

Edited by joeybside
  • Haha 2

City's WSL Match Against Liverpool To Be Streamed Live
LCFC WOMEN
Published 3 hrs 46 mins ago
1 MinuteReading time
You can watch LCFC Women's conclusion of the Barclays Women's Super League season for free on Foxes Hub.

- LCFC Women take on Liverpool this Saturday afternoon (3pm kick-off)
- City end their Barclays Women's Super League season at King Power Stadium
- The game will be free to watch on Foxes Hub and Leicester City's official YouTube channel
- Tickets to attend live can be found HERE

A third consecutive season in the WSL comes to a close this Saturday afternoon when Leicester host in-form Liverpool at King Power Stadium, and supporters will be able to tune in to the action live, which kicks off at 3pm, via Foxes Hub and YouTube.

The weekend's show will start at 2:30pm when presenter Danny Jamieson and former WSL defender Kerys Harrop will build-up to the Foxes' final fixture against the Reds, taking a look at line-ups before Niall McCaughan will provide commentary on Filbert Way from the first whistle.