Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

On 28/04/2024 at 19:07, davieG said:
Women's Super League 2023/24
# Team Pl W D L F A GD Pts Last 6
1 Manchester City Women 19 16 1 2 54 12 42 49

2 Chelsea Women 18 15 1 2 53 14 39 46

3 Arsenal Women 20 14 2 4 46 19 27 44

4 Manchester United Women 20 10 5 5 42 25 17 35

5 Liverpool Women 19 9 5 5 27 25 2 32

6 Tottenham Hotspur Women 19 7 6 6 26 32 -6 27

7 Aston Villa Women 20 6 3 11 25 41 -16 21

8 Brighton and Hove Albion Women 20 5 4 11 26 42 -16 19

9 Everton Women 20 5 4 11 18 35 -17 19

10 Leicester City Women 20 4 5 11 25 40 -15 17

11 West Ham United Women 20 3 5 12 18 41 -23 14

12 Bristol City Women 19 1 3 15 20 54 -34 6

Last updated: April 28, 2024 5:03pm
Does it remind you of anything?
Those top 6 have the most money and attract the best players due to the money and the standing of the men's' team. 
Crashing the top 6 will be like crashing the top 6 PL.

How did Liverpool go from promotion to competing with Manchester United within 2 seasons?

If I remember right DavieG the FA actually encouraged this kind of table, remember when they kicked out teams, did dodgyness with promotions etc. and started enforcing money from wealthy parent clubs. 

• Like 2

On 28/04/2024 at 17:58, Oldblueyes said:

Problem is, what is the point in just trying to avoid relegation every season, it must be soul destroying.

According to my mum, there are two really (overly-) general archetypes of professional competitive (sports-)people:

1) Those who feel they have to win (sometimes at all costs) and will either suffer or struggle until they do, then lose interest once they've 'won', and need to do something else.  (The need to win.)

2) Those who love the overall process of both playing and associated activities, that will always continue regardless of outcome, even if they still want to win. (The need to play.)

For any non-top (will probably not win anything soon) sports teams to continue, they need a good balance of these two.  To say that it is meaningless without winning anything is to deny the existence of the latter, which is a mistake.  There are probably rough equivalents for the supporters, too...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

How did Liverpool go from promotion to competing with Manchester United within 2 seasons?

If I remember right DavieG the FA actually encouraged this kind of table, remember when they kicked out teams, did dodgyness with promotions etc. and started enforcing money from wealthy parent clubs. 

You answered your own question there. Given the relatively low cost of womens football (the record transfer fee in the WSL is 426k, and globally it's £685k, or one month of Jamie Vardy), money coming in from wealthy men's parent clubs completely distorts the competition. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

You answered your own question there. Given the relatively low cost of womens football (the record transfer fee in the WSL is 426k, and globally it's £685k, or one month of Jamie Vardy), money coming in from wealthy men's parent clubs completely distorts the competition. 

Plus the attractiveness/attention these clubs get which also enhances their chances of international recognition.

• Like 1

Leicester representation in the England U17 Euros which are underway today.  Currently 2-0 up at half time v Norway, available on BBC website/iPlayer.

Other group games are against Sweden (5.30pm on Wednesday) and France (2.30pm on Saturday).

3 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

I see the FA player is still completely sh*t. Can't even log in to watch the game.

yep why they don't just put them on youtube is a complete mistake, FAplayer clear isn't built for the demand

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Gotta hope Palace are really bad next season or they are in big trouble.

Gone downhill since they lost their manager. The ladies have shown before that they have some decent players. Defence isn't great though, and that needs to be addressed by whoever takes over as manager.

6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Steve Howard has come out of retirement and put a skirt on?! 

Sophie Howard. Don't think she's any relation but proper agricultural centre half so could be.

• Like 1

Disappointed that we can't watch this due to FA player not letting us login.

It really does need sorting out.

Relying on text updates from Sky Sports app 

At least we're drawing 1-1 at the moment.

C'mon ladies you can win this .

1 minute ago, demon_dog said:

Disappointed that we can't watch this due to FA player not letting us login.

It really does need sorting out.

Relying on text updates from Sky Sports app 

At least we're drawing 1-1 at the moment.

C'mon ladies you can win this .

I was able to watch half an hour up until half time but then made the mistake of trying to scroll back and now I'm locked out again.

Meanwhile I've been able to watch every game from the NWSL this season on an app on my TV.  The WSL really need to catch up.