Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Btw the bbc coverage is it was quite clear they’d done zero research on either team bar the England internationals and if they had made an impact against the big four of women’s football. 

The decision makers with women’s football are killing its potential by making it completely ape the men’s game. They had a great chance to encourage competitive, level playing field and the gaps between levels are even worst now 

Agreed. I don't follow it closely but the coverage means you hear enough about the game and it is just the same teams at the top. I can remember growing up hearing about sides like Doncaster Belles and Croydon- something different. Wasn't one of them removed to bring a big name into the league, too?

As you say, this could have been the competitive league but the chance was wasted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Agreed. I don't follow it closely but the coverage means you hear enough about the game and it is just the same teams at the top. I can remember growing up hearing about sides like Doncaster Belles and Croydon- something different. Wasn't one of them removed to bring a big name into the league, too?

As you say, this could have been the competitive league but the chance was wasted.

donny belles got kicked out of the WSL to make room for Man City yea

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They played well and gave a good account of themselves today the equaliser in the 83rd minute, knocked the wind out of them for a bit. God knows how the free kick we had in extra time did not go in. 

The away support backed the team really well just a shame we couldn't come back from London with a win. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Watched some of the game today. Found myself shouting 'Man On!' a couple of times. Then began wondering, is this what the players shout as well !? Or something else?! :ph34r:

I'm pretty sure I heard 'man on' said during the game by one of the players today. 

37 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Watched some of the game today. Found myself shouting 'Man On!' a couple of times. Then began wondering, is this what the players shout as well !? Or something else?! :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm pretty sure I heard 'man on' said during the game by one of the players today. 

I heard one of the players on RL last week and she said one of her colleagues was "man of the match". 

They’ve come on leaps and bounds this season. It’s a clear direction of commercial growth for the club, as it attracts a new demographic to come and watch the team. 

My daughter has little interest in the men’s team, however we’ve seen a few of the women’s games this season. 

It’s a different game physically but I’d say the standard will close up technically during the next 20 - 25 years, maybe even sooner. 

The team should be proud of what they’ve done this season, as whilst yesterday will hurt, on reflection this was unthinkable 5 years ago. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Doctor said:

donny belles got kicked out of the WSL to make room for Man City yea

Also found this on wikipedia, seems the womens game has a history of weird stuff going on.

Although they had finished as runners-up to Croydon in both league and cup, the club were overlooked for a place in the inaugural Charity Shield match. An article in The Guardian described the selection of Charlton Athletic and Arsenal as curious and related to unspecified "commercial reasons".[

Other examples of dodgy shenanigans…

Man Utd didn’t have a senior team,  they were offered a direct place in the top flight if they formed one. They chose to go into the Championship instead which still bypassed 5 levels.

In 2017/18 Loughborough Foxes won the FA National League Midlands Division (the 4th level of the women’s game) with a record of 21 wins, 1 draw, 0 defeats.  They were promoted one level as you’d expect.  Meanwhile Sheffield United who finished 18 points behind in 3rd in a division with only 2 promotion spots were promoted 2 levels to the Championship.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Lineker's Lugs said:

Other examples of dodgy shenanigans…

Man Utd didn’t have a senior team,  they were offered a direct place in the top flight if they formed one. They chose to go into the Championship instead which still bypassed 5 levels.

In 2017/18 Loughborough Foxes won the FA National League Midlands Division (the 4th level of the women’s game) with a record of 21 wins, 1 draw, 0 defeats.  They were promoted one level as you’d expect.  Meanwhile Sheffield United who finished 18 points behind in 3rd in a division with only 2 promotion spots were promoted 2 levels to the Championship.

It does add fuel to the fire when people talk about corruption in the game, these dates like the Doncaster issue was whilst the game was under the FA's watch.

• Like 1

The FA seem determined to create a PL clone of the Women's League. 

I'm waiting for the day when the women catch up financially enough for the Men's PL to extract the Womens from the control of the FA for themselves