Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

Looks like a sharp increase in ticket sales for the trip to the Emirates on Sunday.  And travel has now sold out. 

Big improvement on the 9 of us that went to Everton away!

Edited by SK3Blue
  • Like 1

Crystal Palace almost certain to be the club to come up from the Championship to the WSL (barring a massive defeat to Sunderland in their last game coupled with a Charlton win). They've got 4 ex-Foxes in their squad - Demi Lambourne, Lia Cataldo, Annabel Blanchard and Aimee Everett.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Crystal Palace almost certain to be the club to come up from the Championship to the WSL (barring a 12 goal defeat to Charlton in their last game). They've got 4 ex-Foxes in their squad - Demi Lambourne, Lia Cataldo, Annabel Blanchard and Aimee Everett.

They will need a lot of upgrading.  Without that the relegation spot will be tied up from the start and the season will consist of dead rubbers for most teams, just like this season has been.

20 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Crystal Palace almost certain to be the club to come up from the Championship to the WSL (barring a massive defeat to Sunderland in their last game coupled with a Charlton win). They've got 4 ex-Foxes in their squad - Demi Lambourne, Lia Cataldo, Annabel Blanchard and Aimee Everett.

Lambourne is on loan from us still, expect she'll leave in the summer though

My daughter and I are Making it a football weekend (well Sunday and Monday) by going to see the ladies on Sunday.  I see United have been given two blocks.  That should make for a better atmosphere. Not usually segregated at the ladies games in my admittedly limited experience. They must bring a fair few away.

Edited by rugbyblue
Addition
  • Like 1

On 24/04/2024 at 12:44, rugbyblue said:

My daughter and I are Making it a football weekend (well Sunday and Monday) by going to see the ladies on Sunday.  I see United have been given two blocks.  That should make for a better atmosphere. Not usually segregated at the ladies games in my admittedly limited experience. They must bring a fair few away.

Chelsea had their own block earlier this season. Biggest support so far has been Arsenal who must have bought 1500 with them. Be interesting to see how many turn up Sunday. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Chelsea had their own block earlier this season. Biggest support so far has been Arsenal who must have bought 1500 with them. Be interesting to see how many turn up Sunday. 

I think separate blocks is the way to go as the women's game grows.   Putting supporters of the same team all together lends itself to creating a better atmosphere. I hope so for my daughter's sake as she is really inspired by the women.  10 years ago, girls had no real female footballing heroes.  I've read man utd have one of the bigger/louder supports in the WSL so looking forward to it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

I think separate blocks is the way to go as the women's game grows.   Putting supporters of the same team all together lends itself to creating a better atmosphere. I hope so for my daughter's sake as she is really inspired by the women.  10 years ago, girls had no real female footballing heroes.  I've read man utd have one of the bigger/louder supports in the WSL so looking forward to it.

Certainly better sitting with own fans, it was disappointing to have Arsenal in with us last week, and there wasn't many of us at Man City or Everton. Liverpool and Spurs with our own blocks was better. Looks like the family stand P3 is being sold for the first time this season, Sunday will be the biggest gate so far by the look of it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Certainly better sitting with own fans, it was disappointing to have Arsenal in with us last week, and there wasn't many of us at Man City or Everton. Liverpool and Spurs with our own blocks was better. Looks like the family stand P3 is being sold for the first time this season, Sunday will be the biggest gate so far by the look of it. 

I noticed that extra block was open too.  Can only be a good thing.  I can only see attendances going up, especially as some people are being priced out of the men's game.  

• Like 2